Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis

1147148149150151153»

Comments

• evolk1evolk1 Posts: 11
    Many thanks! Never heard of the Benefact, nor the 'DIN' radio/stereo. Finally, what does the 'LCM' stand for regarding the high beam switch?
  • evolk1evolk1 Posts: 11
    Thanks! Great information.
  • I believe LCM refers to the lighting control module, a "black box" under the dashboard to the right of where the driver's leg would be. It has lots of integrated circuits and relays that control the lights on the car. Sometimes, the relays come unsoldered or burn out. Standard Operating Procedure is to replace the entire LCM for a few hundred dollars, but it is possible to replace just the bad relay if you're good at working with electronics. The lights on my 2004 Grand marquis got where they would not always come on. Whacking the LCM would usually make them come on. It was a sign one of the relays was loose, and needed replacing or re-soldering. But I totaled the car hitting a deer at 75 MPH before I ever got around to fixing it, so the point is moot now.