Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Forte 5-door

conwelpicconwelpic Ontario, CanadaPosts: 600
I was over at my dealer getting my 48,000 km service done on my Rondo and picked up a copy of "Inside Kia" (Canadian issue) for October and saw this information:

[I]"Forte 5-door. A five-door hatchback model will join the Forte sedan and Koup, likely in 2010."[/I]

my dealer said they were expecting it before mid 2010, as he says he needs it to fill in the gap created by the demise of the Spectra 5.

Comments

• I can't get any local CA dealers to confirm the arrival of the hatchback. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I have a Sedona, which is a fantastic vehicle, but I want something smaller, and I can't live with a sedan. I've checked with 3 dealers who have all contacted KIA USA and not one can find out anything.
  • conwelpicconwelpic Ontario, CanadaPosts: 600
    I visited the Toronto Auto Show yesterday and enquired about the 5-door Forte. They said it was coming but could be another six months, however, they felt that photos of it could be available next month.
    The Forte 5-door will be added to the Forte family later this year and will feature a sporty European hatchback exterior & interior styling with 6-speed manual/automatic transmissions, while sharing the same engines with the Forte sedan. It will also have a full-flat folding rear seat to optimize utility. Forte 5-door will be suitable for drivers who want sporty European styling & utility
    Now's you chance to get in your two cents worth as Kia is asking for your comments and opinions and they will be passed onto the product manager. Check it out at:

http://kia-buzz.com/?p=4208
  • If you look at the Kia Netherland's web site at the Cee'd sport wagon could that be our new Forte 5 wagon?
    check it out (also photos of the new Optima/ Magentis)

http://kia-buzz.com/?p=4356
    - redesign lower bumper
    - push button start
    - 6 speed transmission with paddle shifters

from Michael Sprague VP of Marketing for KIA US.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KiaBUZZ#p/u/12/_4FsJe7pptI
  • netranger4netranger4 Posts: 149
    This vehicle closely resembles the Kia Cee'd which is being produced in the Czech Republic for the European Market. There are some subtle, but obvious changes in the window design along with the Kia hallmark grille change. These cars seem to be very popular in Europe which favors hatchbacks over trunk sedans due to parking constraints.

'Whatcar.com in the UK, has some reviews on this vehicle, both owner and professional. Since the engines used overseas are considerably different than what is available here in the States, the reviews have different commentaries regarding driveability etc.

Hope this is of some value.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 790
    From the pics, it appears that Kia has succeeded in created a very tasteful and sporty 5-door design. Much like Mazda did with the Mazda3 5-door, they've built a more versatile and attractive vehicle than the 4-door sedan on which it is based! I own a 2006 Mazda3 s 5-door and I can't imagine ever going back to a regular sedan (with a trunk). By adding the new 5-door, the Forte just earned a space on my short list of possibilities for my next new car....in another year or two!

Until I saw the pics, I was concerned that the execution of the 5-door design would end up more "wagon" than "hatchback". The Hyundai Elantra Touring is a bit too wagon-like for my taste and I feared the Forte might follow suit. Glad to see that it didn't...and maybe the next-gen Elantra Touring will take after the Forte 5-door....we can hope!
    just announced by Kia Motors worldwide:

The Forte (Cerato) 5-door hatchback will be entering production in late August and will feature Kia's new 6-speed automatic as well as 6-speed manual transmissions as standard. Optional features not found on the current Forte (Cerato) sedan include paddle shifters and LED rear combination lamps. The 2011 MY Forte (Cerato) sedan will also adopt all of these new standard and optional features.
    LX - $16,695 - $19,295

EX - $19,195 - $21,295

SX - $22,495 - $26,195

now available in 6-spd manual or 6 spd auto. LX and EX come with 2.0L 156 hp engine, SX with the 2.4L 173 hp engine. Push button start and paddle shifter on SX model (auto only)

Delivery and destination have to be added of $1455 and $100 a/c tax (if applicable) and metallic colour charge of $150.
    first picture I've seen showing the hatch open.

• No, netregenger , the Cee"d is made in Zelina, Slovakia. It used to be part of Chechoslovakia, but for quite a few years now is an independent country.
    Juist my 2 cents, to keep it straight.
    I visited Kia Canada's head office in Mississauga, Ontario yesterday and was able to view the pre-production model of the Forte 5 door which was on display in their showroom. Because it was pre-production it was locked so no inside shots.

• Nice shots, Hey conwelpic do you know if the Five Door will have soft touch plastics like the new Hyundai i30 ,or the hard very easy to scratch plastics.
    edited September 2010
    As I said it was a pre-production model and you couldn't get inside so I have no idea. Not familiar with the Hyundai i30, I think that's a European model.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,895
    This car is much better looking than the Hyundai Elantra Touring and offers the choice of two different engines. Any idea when these will actually hit US showrooms?
    this was on Kia Motors announcement of their September Sales on Oct 1st

The most aggressive new vehicle launch cycle in the auto industry will continue with the arrivals of the functional Forte 5-door later this month and the highly anticipated all-new 2011 Optima midsize sedan in November."

Production on the 5-door started in late August.