Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Forte 5-door

Comments

• m6userm6user Posts: 2,899
    Thanks. Looking forward to taking a good look at it.
  • conwelpicconwelpic Ontario, CanadaPosts: 600
    here's a closer view with the seats up.

• daratdarat Posts: 3
    Took the wife's Rondo in for a new battery today . Talked to the sales manager and he stated that the Five Door won't be here (Oklahoma City) till January or Febuary. Guess i'll wait and see...
    that's unsual as my local dealer here in Ontario,Canada is expected his first shipment in the next 2-3 weeks. So I guess your local dealer didn't place any orders when they started production in early August. Read on another forum that he has already seen an SX model at his dealership in Edmonton, Alberta.
    Take everything you hear from a dealer with a large grain of salt. I've been told several times by dealers that a new model wouldn't be in for months and ooualah, they mysteriously appeared in a few weeks. They don't like to see people wait for a future car when they have present cars to sell them.
  • daratdarat Posts: 3
    Come to think of it ,the dealer lot was full of Soul's and Rio hatchbacks..
    was able to view the SX model at my dealers today

Early I was not aware of how the rear cargo area seats function, so this is the correct set up as shown in this EX Canadian model.

the headrest from the rear back cushion have to be removed but they have storeage slots in the base cushion to hold them in place.

as you can see it gives you a nice flat cargo area with no wasted space.
    Kind of strange the way the seat back moves forward and the headrests face the rear? Would it be too much to ask how that is accomplished?

I agree, that is a nice flat storage area with nothing intruding. Would be nice to get the dimensions too.
    you pull the base cushion forward slightly then up and it hinges forward to the position you see behind the front seats; the headrests are removed off the back rest cushion and inserted into two rod slots for the two outer headrest, the centre one actually fits into two loops on the centre part of the base cushion; then drop the back rest cushion into the area where the base cushion was previously located. Does that make sense?

Sorry I didn't think to take measurements.
    Tks. Yeah, that makes sense. I couldn't figure out if the cushion that was raised up against the front seats was the seat bottom or back. Works very similar on my SUV. I have to take the headrests out and just throw on the floor of the backseat. This is a little more thoughtful way of providing for storage of the headrest while you have it configured for hauling something.
    okay here's the dimensions

Very nice. Tks much for the dimensions.
  • arumagearumage Posts: 922
    I got the chance to test drive a Forte5 a couple of days ago. It was a 2.0L EX automatic with moonroof.

The 2.0L engine seemed more than up to the task for me. It was plenty eager to downshift when necessary. The brakes were a little touchy for my tastes, but it's nothing I couldn't get used to. It seemed sporty enough to get by, and the ride was comfortable.

The interior was nicely put together, although it might be a little bit on the boring side. It seemed to have more room and as much cargo space as my 1999 Camry despite the fact that the Forte5 is well over a foot shorter in length. I'd forgo the moonroof for myself because I thought it cut into head room.

Since pricing isn't on Kia's website yet. This particular model was $19,300 with destination. Take the sunroof off, and you're left with $18,550 for an EX automatic. That's about $900 more than the 2010 EX automatic sedan. I'd say it's worth it for the extra two gears on the transmission, and inclusion of 16" allow wheels
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,677
    edited November 2010
    A reporter is interested in talking with a recent and first-time owner of a Kia. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than noon on November 10, 2010, and include your city and state of residence, the model year of your vehicle.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Saw my first Forte5 at my local dealer. It was an SX, red, automatic. Checked out what I could, but didn't drive it. Weather was turning bad and I had other things to do. Cargo space with seats up was better than expected. Fit and finish looked good. Not equipped with sunroof. Six speed automatic should improve mileage and acceleration.

The sticker was 20K. Perhaps the EX will be priced somewhat more afforably. This car resembles the Cee'd which is popular in Europe. There should be a market for this size hatchback. Am still awaiting the new Optima which hopefully will be here shortly.