Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Touring Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• maxx4memaxx4me Posts: 1,340
    I had a dealer here in no.VA giving away SEs for $18,200 OTD, the same price I paid for my GLS with PP#2. It indeed is tough to find a GLS with PP#2, and I feel it is a better car than the SE simply because I don't want 17 inch tires to roughen my ride, nor a sun roof that never gets used (I had one before), nor alloy wheels to get scuffed up.
  • Got a quote for $16150 on GLS automatic +Pop PKg+ floor mats at a dealer 1hr away, and a quote $16389 for the same car except + mud gaurds and the dealer is 10 mins away +ttl. I'm ok with either quotes but just worried that I can get the price lower in the next coming months due to dealer incentives to make room for 2011. Is this usually the case?
  • I test drove the Touring SE w/manual. I have driven sports cars my entire life with man. transmissions and I have to say this was a very good man. tran.
    Short throw shifter. Shift gate very crisp, gearing ratio was good (much better than the auto. gear ratio). Light clutch (at least to me)
    The only reason I didnt pickup the manual is my wife wanted the auto. She doesnt ask for much so it was hard for me to say no.
  • samgreensamgreen Posts: 13
    Hello,

I live in the Boston area and went to a dealership with the Costco Program a few weeks ago. For a GLS with package 1 (extra $700) and automatic the dealer wanted about $16,800 and another $400 documentation fee. I would also have to pay registration fees and state sales tax. Finally, I would get a Costco $500 gift card. Is this a good deal? Would I be better off not using Costco?
    thanks
  • crowheartcrowheart Posts: 36
    edited June 2010
    http://www.truecar.com/Hyundai/Elantra_Touring/2010/best-price-report-9E21F542.h- tml?colorInfo=Black%20Noir%20Pearl,Beige,6292_001_NKA.jpg&optionInfo=6618694,635- 9422,6618700&incentiveIds=3000256904&trimId=320561&modelId=19971&zipcode=02140

Check out the above link.
    BTW make sure you are getting the popular pkg upgrade, the roof rails, and all the extras which is popular equipment package #2 and that costs 700.00. Popular Equipment Package #1 is the standard and doesn't cost extra.
    I paid 15,952 for the ET auto with the popular equipment pkg 2(700.00). That price was with the 1000 dollar rebate applied. My OTD price was 17,449.78 I believe.
    That Doc Fee is very high! Is that standard?
    I guess if the Costco gift card is worth 500.00 dollars to you and the Doc fee is legit the price is still Not OK IMO. They need to come down!!!

I really believe though that you can shave off 500-900 dollars off of that price easily, ....Good Luck and keep us posted...
  • kaz6kaz6 Posts: 331
    edited June 2010
    I traded in my '07 Mazda5 Touring for a silver ET SE w/Auto. I wanted the 5-speed but they didn't have any SE's...just GLS's. I test drove the auto before buying and for the type of driving I do, it wasn't a deal breaker. My Mazda5 had a 4-spd as well so I was used to the drawbacks of a 4-spd.
    I got exactly what the TMV figures were for my trade and car! The ET's in Las Vegas are in very short supply as they go very quickly. I started out wanting it in red w/5-spd but am happy with my silver on black.
    Prior posts were accurate regarding overly inflated tires. Mine were at 36psi when delivered. This, plus stiff damping, makes for a jiggly ride at times. My Mazda was more supple and cornered almost as well. Anyone interested in a more supple ride might want to try out Sumitomo LSV Touring tires. I had a new set on my Mazda prior to trading and rode really well.
    I'm hoping the body kit I've seen on i-30 models finds its way to the States!!!
  • samgreensamgreen Posts: 13
    Thank you very much. I confused the packages (it's been a few weeks.) I meant to say package 2--so it's GLS, auto, package 2 for 16,800 and another $500 in costco $--so basically 16,300 and then $400 in "document fees"--which seemed high to me as well. Last time I paid under $300 and that included the registration fees and I thought that THAT was high. Is it possible that Hyundai dealers give better deals without Costco?

thanks again
  • hwyhobohwyhobo Posts: 263
    Anyone knows what the deal is with the Popular Package on GLS with manual? Why is it not available? I am about to buy the ET, but I would love to have the telescopic steering wheel (6'3", long legs). I was not impressed by the AT, so want to buy manual, but it seems the only way to buy the telescopic wheel is to spend extra $3K on the SE. That is bizarre to me. In fact, I preferred both the seats and the less harsh ride in the GLS. Why is Hyundai treating telescoping steering wheel as such an exotic option?

For those who are tall with long legs, if you bought the GLS manual, how do you find the driving position after a while? Are you comfortable?
    While I acknowledge it is a persons inseam, not their overall height that matters, I cannot fathom how a 6'3'' person can fit in an ET. I'm 6'1'' and have an awful time. In fact I won't drive it at all; it goes to my wife. I have a 36' inseam. Yes, the telescoping steering provides me a good arm position, but the foot on the gas is not pleasant after about 10 miles.
    If you think Hyundai is being stingy, try Subaru. Telescoping steering STILL is not standard on their Forrester. You have to get the deluxe model to get T.S. For $27,000, I'll pass thank you very much.
    If you went by my inseam, it would be even worse than 6'3" would imply. I guess I am somewhat resigned to the fact that short of a rear-wheel drive (Genesis Coupe fits me like a glove, but it is incredibly impractical for a family vehicle), I will never find a car that fits me (VW Jetta is a little better, but I am afraid to touch them because of their legendary reliability (sarcasm mode fully engaged)). What annoys me in particular in many cars is the "dead pedal", which robs me of whatever minimum rest area there is for my left leg - this is especially egregious on automatics.

What do you drive, and what would you recommend for a tall guy? Perhaps I have overlooked something.
    edited July 2010
    I'm not a fan of SUV's, so it is hard to recommend any. However, when I was shopping the ET, the Hyundai Tucsan had a LOT more travel on the driver's seat than the ET. It gets one mile per gallon better gas mileage too due to the 6 speed automatic transmission. The down side of the Tucsan is that visibility is much worse than the ET, and the rear seating is awful as the C pilar makes it hard to get in and out of it. The storage compartments are actually better on the ET as well. Nonetheless, if you are mainly concerned about driver comfort, the Tucsan is a winner. The highly proclaimed Sonata may also work, I can't remember. Again, I was turned off by the awful rear head room on the vehicle. I pay for 4 seats, I'd like to get 4 adults in any vehicle I buy. That is why the ET was so appealing. Incredible room and features for very little money. I did not get as great a deal as everyone else $18,200 out the door for a GLS with PP #2, Bluetooth, floor mats and rear cargo liner.
  • Another thing to keep in mind is that the MPG figures are EPA estimates, and these come not from driving the car but from simply measuring how much fuel is burned with the engines running at different paces on a stationary testbed. MPGs for SUVs usually end up worse than estimated (because the EPA is not figuring for wind resistance enough or at all?). This is borne out by real-world values where the Touring consistently beats the EPA numbers but the Tucson does not. There are articles on the web on the Equinox being an especially poor performer relative to EPA numbers.
    that is very true. There have been repeated complaints of Tucsan owners not coming close to the EPA numbers
  • How'd that Costco promotion work out for you? I didn't even think of Costco when I bought my car this time because my previous experiences with the Costco Auto Program prices were not good, but your price sounds excellent. Do all Hyundai dealers in your area work with Costco, and did they let you choose any Touring in stock?
  • CapeCodCapeCod Posts: 117
    edited July 2010
    It appears there will be few changes.
    Can anyone confirm the Carbon Grey color is being discontinued ?
    Has anyone seen the titanium color?
    I believe the Titanium is between the silver and carbon grey in darkness???
    BTW So far the silver roof rack looks strange on most colors vs. black!
    Will production for 2011 ETs be stepped up a lot over 2010s?
    2010's are about gone where I am...
    edited July 2010
    If Huyndai offered Popular Package with GLS manual, I would wait for 2011 and skip the end-of-model-year $1K discount.

BTW, gray is my favorite color on that car, but it is no longer available in the above configuration in my area.
  • It seems I have the opportunity to buy a '10 ET GLS AT for $14,309 (MSRP $18,309) in NC. They have others at the same price. What do you guys think?
    What do you mean by "too good"? Is it a legit dealer?
  • I was told if we were a loyal Hyundai owner (we are) or a recent college grad )it's been a few years, so no) that we qualify for the rice. I just haven't seen anyone getting that low of a price online.
    Of course it is a good price, but personnally, I would not get one without PP#2 and Bluetooth.
  • CapeCodCapeCod Posts: 117
    Since the 2011's appear to be dropping Carbon Gray I am looking for a new color I like on the ET. White of course is old reliable. Does anyone know of a website that has REAL photos of ET's in Atlantic Blue or the 2011 Titanium. So far only spot I could find was the Hyundai/Canada site. Even then it was just a color swatch.
    Also,If I hold out for the SE version... what will be the impact of the 17" tires. Will the car sit higher even with the lower profile tires (60's?). I had a Vibe with the 55's and never really warmed up to them. Expensive to replace and would occassionally 'float' on snow because of their wide track.
    Any common problems owners are finding with ET's so far?
    Thanks.
  • maxchemaxche Posts: 4
    That's really a good price......
    the Polar White is a spectacular color on the ET. It really accentuates the silver trim. The 17 inch tires are much more harsh to ride on than the GLS' 15 inch tires. I went for the GLS for that very reason. I have had two Vibes (2003, 2009) and think the ET GLS with PP#2 is a much better vehicle. I just wish the driver's seat went back another 2 inches. As such, I drive the '09 Vibe and the wife drive's the ET.
  • delaluzdelaluz Posts: 48
    I'm looking for an auto ET 2010 in the Raleigh, NC area. What dealer gave you the $14K+ price?
  • Ha-of course the dealer made a mistake (of course, right)? The real price is 16,191. They are now offering me $800 more for my trade, but unless they come down from 16,191 or offer even more, I won't be buying there. Modern Hyundai of Concord (near CLT).
    Just pulled the trigger on 2011 Gray GLS Manual. $15.5K + tax & lic. Will take delivery in a few days. Capitol Hyundai of San Jose.
  • Congrats. See you on the 101. I'll be in the grey GLS with roof racks.
    I'm a 280 guy. :)

Of course I forgot to ask about OTD price, so I fully expect an interesting discussion about hidden junk fees when I show up to take delivery (just chalk it up to previous experience with dealers). ;)

Speaking of roof racks, I still can't comprehend why Hyundai does not allow PP#2 on a GLS with manual. Telescopic steering wheel and roof racks were options I would have definitely bought if Hyundai offered them. Seems like unnecessary loss of revenue to Hyundai.
  • I'm with you on Hyundai's limited options. I wished they would have offered beige with carbon grey too.
  • $16633 OTD. Bought over the internet after contacting two different dealerships.