Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Touring Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• maxx4memaxx4me Posts: 1,341
    edited July 2010
    I'm not a fan of SUV's, so it is hard to recommend any. However, when I was shopping the ET, the Hyundai Tucsan had a LOT more travel on the driver's seat than the ET. It gets one mile per gallon better gas mileage too due to the 6 speed automatic transmission. The down side of the Tucsan is that visibility is much worse than the ET, and the rear seating is awful as the C pilar makes it hard to get in and out of it. The storage compartments are actually better on the ET as well. Nonetheless, if you are mainly concerned about driver comfort, the Tucsan is a winner. The highly proclaimed Sonata may also work, I can't remember. Again, I was turned off by the awful rear head room on the vehicle. I pay for 4 seats, I'd like to get 4 adults in any vehicle I buy. That is why the ET was so appealing. Incredible room and features for very little money. I did not get as great a deal as everyone else $18,200 out the door for a GLS with PP #2, Bluetooth, floor mats and rear cargo liner.
  • Another thing to keep in mind is that the MPG figures are EPA estimates, and these come not from driving the car but from simply measuring how much fuel is burned with the engines running at different paces on a stationary testbed. MPGs for SUVs usually end up worse than estimated (because the EPA is not figuring for wind resistance enough or at all?). This is borne out by real-world values where the Touring consistently beats the EPA numbers but the Tucson does not. There are articles on the web on the Equinox being an especially poor performer relative to EPA numbers.
    that is very true. There have been repeated complaints of Tucsan owners not coming close to the EPA numbers
  • How'd that Costco promotion work out for you? I didn't even think of Costco when I bought my car this time because my previous experiences with the Costco Auto Program prices were not good, but your price sounds excellent. Do all Hyundai dealers in your area work with Costco, and did they let you choose any Touring in stock?
  • CapeCodCapeCod Posts: 117
    edited July 2010
    It appears there will be few changes.
    Can anyone confirm the Carbon Grey color is being discontinued ?
    Has anyone seen the titanium color?
    I believe the Titanium is between the silver and carbon grey in darkness???
    BTW So far the silver roof rack looks strange on most colors vs. black!
    Will production for 2011 ETs be stepped up a lot over 2010s?
    2010's are about gone where I am...
  • hwyhobohwyhobo Posts: 263
    edited July 2010
    If Huyndai offered Popular Package with GLS manual, I would wait for 2011 and skip the end-of-model-year $1K discount.

BTW, gray is my favorite color on that car, but it is no longer available in the above configuration in my area.
  • It seems I have the opportunity to buy a '10 ET GLS AT for $14,309 (MSRP $18,309) in NC. They have others at the same price. What do you guys think?
    What do you mean by "too good"? Is it a legit dealer?
  • I was told if we were a loyal Hyundai owner (we are) or a recent college grad )it's been a few years, so no) that we qualify for the rice. I just haven't seen anyone getting that low of a price online.
    Of course it is a good price, but personnally, I would not get one without PP#2 and Bluetooth.
  • CapeCodCapeCod Posts: 117
    Since the 2011's appear to be dropping Carbon Gray I am looking for a new color I like on the ET. White of course is old reliable. Does anyone know of a website that has REAL photos of ET's in Atlantic Blue or the 2011 Titanium. So far only spot I could find was the Hyundai/Canada site. Even then it was just a color swatch.
    Also,If I hold out for the SE version... what will be the impact of the 17" tires. Will the car sit higher even with the lower profile tires (60's?). I had a Vibe with the 55's and never really warmed up to them. Expensive to replace and would occassionally 'float' on snow because of their wide track.
    Any common problems owners are finding with ET's so far?
    Thanks.
  • maxchemaxche Posts: 4
    That's really a good price......
    the Polar White is a spectacular color on the ET. It really accentuates the silver trim. The 17 inch tires are much more harsh to ride on than the GLS' 15 inch tires. I went for the GLS for that very reason. I have had two Vibes (2003, 2009) and think the ET GLS with PP#2 is a much better vehicle. I just wish the driver's seat went back another 2 inches. As such, I drive the '09 Vibe and the wife drive's the ET.
  • delaluzdelaluz Posts: 48
    I'm looking for an auto ET 2010 in the Raleigh, NC area. What dealer gave you the $14K+ price?
  • Ha-of course the dealer made a mistake (of course, right)? The real price is 16,191. They are now offering me $800 more for my trade, but unless they come down from 16,191 or offer even more, I won't be buying there. Modern Hyundai of Concord (near CLT).
    Just pulled the trigger on 2011 Gray GLS Manual. $15.5K + tax & lic. Will take delivery in a few days. Capitol Hyundai of San Jose.
  • Congrats. See you on the 101. I'll be in the grey GLS with roof racks.
    I'm a 280 guy. :)

Of course I forgot to ask about OTD price, so I fully expect an interesting discussion about hidden junk fees when I show up to take delivery (just chalk it up to previous experience with dealers). ;)

Speaking of roof racks, I still can't comprehend why Hyundai does not allow PP#2 on a GLS with manual. Telescopic steering wheel and roof racks were options I would have definitely bought if Hyundai offered them. Seems like unnecessary loss of revenue to Hyundai.
  • I'm with you on Hyundai's limited options. I wished they would have offered beige with carbon grey too.
  • $16633 OTD. Bought over the internet after contacting two different dealerships.