Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Touring Prices Paid and Buying Experience

12345679»

Comments

• maxx4memaxx4me Posts: 1,340
    yeah, it took a long while for Americans to figure out what a versatile value the ET is. They sat on dealer lots for a long time until this year. I'm seeing them everywhere now so I'm guessing people are getting the wagon while they can, thus eliminating the need for dealers/Hyundai to discount them.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,822
    Did you recently buy a new car because the financing offer was too good to pass up? If so, a reporter would like to talk with you about your experience. Please contact pr@edmunds.com by end of day Tuesday, September 25, 2012 with a brief account of your purchase and your preferred contact information.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,822
    A reporter would like to speak to a small car buyer/shopper. If you've recently purchased a small car or are shopping for a small car, please send your daytime contact info to PR@edmunds.com no later than 1 p.m. PT/ 4 p.m. ET Wednesday, October 3.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• We just bought our 3rd Hyundai (1993 Excel drove to 150K, 2002 Elantra, still on the road w 165K). Conflicted between a CRV and a FIT, we decide the CRV too big, bulky, and the FIT too small. We found the Touring and LOVE it. Getting better than expected mileage (32H/26C), we paid $15500+our trade, a 2001 Honda Civic Coupe which had been in two accidents. I think we got a great deal (1.9%/5 years).

Our little wagon is loaded w/ leather, fog lamps, moon/sun roof, roof rack and rails. We love the "Touring" mats but bought some light gray ones (all plastic) at Walmart so those fancy mats stay clean!

Wish we'd found this car years ago. Where was Hyundai hiding it???? Now I see them every day!
  • maxx4memaxx4me Posts: 1,340
    edited February 2013
    I'm starting to detect a slight decline in used car prices on the ET. Do others believe that there will be a "let's get these things off of our lot" fire sale on the remaining new 2012 ETs given that they are no longer made and that the GT has been out for a year now? The reason I am asking is that given the rediculously high used car prices these days, and adding on another $2,500 for factory certification, I was wondering if it would be better to wait a little while longer and grab a new 2012 should the price drop $3,000-$4,000 towards the end of 2013. Wishful thinking?