Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge/Plymouth Neon

1747576777880»

Comments

• lakeg41lakeg41 Posts: 9
    Have you tried car-part. Com ?? You might even might want to give eBay a shot , u might get lucky there !
  • lakeg41lakeg41 Posts: 9
    I just checked eBay and there are a few , even rebuilt w/ free shipping for about 200 or less . Check it out !!
  • faroutfarout Posts: 1,609
    lakeq41: Yes, I have seen several at different places. The problem is there is no real way to get a warranty taken care of if there is a crack, or valve guides are new or drilled over sized, or enereld. I have two bad valves, and that's all I want fixed. If I do a full valve job, then the bottom part of the engine has a greater chance of sooner failure. I have 197,000 + miles on the engine and I have taken very good care of the car. I have been quited from $ 650. to $ 1,500. to remove the head and take care of the two valves and put it back on with new head bolts. The bolts are a one use torque bolts, and should never be used again.

What happened was the belt tensioner broke, which I had repleced, and the timing belt. When they started it up it was clear two valves were bent. So that $ 650. was down the drain. I would consider a engine with low miles, but the low mileage eeeengines are pricy and again the question of trust worthiness is there. Anyone can say they have a low miles engine, that could have 150,000 miles and lie about that the engine has 70,000. That's my issue.
  • I have a 95 neon. It was running great until a couple of days ago. Now I have power but does not turn over. I work for a auto parts store so I have tested the starter, checked the cables, gotten ideas from co workers but still nothing. Im lost. Can anyone help me with more ideas?
  • schdavschdav Posts: 1
    By "new" I mean its used, I just bought a 2000 Dodge Neon Es about a month ago, so far nothing major needs done other than a Camshaft positioning sensor and a upstream O2 Sensor.
    So why am I posting, more just curiosity I suppose, I am in the process of figuring out why my dome/ trunk lights wont work and if there is any way to supplement those with some strip l.e.d.s that I have from Wal-mart ( Idea is to make them work in the same way the dome light would open door and/or the multi-function switch, next question would be what the difference from the regular neon an the ES I ask this mostly because the Haynes manual that I bought the fuse box numbers don't match up from the book to what is on the diagram on my fuse box cover, my Haynes manual covers Dodge & Plymouth Neon 2000-2005, so not sure about that, I know that the Haynes Manual for the '84 Dodge Rampage 2.2 I had up till this year didn't match, but that was because it covered the Dodge Omni Plymouth Horizon and the '87 Dodge Shelby Charger, which the Rampage were modeled around, could this be another problem of Haynes is covering to many years/models and the wiring diagrams are just not accurate do to that or something else entirely.
  • travis23travis23 Posts: 1
    if this car has a Cadillac converter might need to be cleaned out
  • p0sp0s Posts: 1
    Most likely the fuses I had a similar problem with the radio