Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Caravan/Chrysler Voyager

Comments

• badgerfanbadgerfan Posts: 1,564
    True, the back three plugs on the 3.3 V-6 are a pain, however they are 100K platinum plugs, and I intend to go the full 100K before changing them. At 82K now and running fine. I will either then pay someone else to change em, or I will sell it and buy a new one, leaving the plugs to the next owner!

I would go with the 3.3 V-6 to get reasonable performance. Even the short wheel base dodge minivan is a bit too much for the 4 cylinder engine for most people's preferences.
  • Claire@EdmundsClaire@Edmunds Chicago areaPosts: 968
    Let's keep a welcoming atmosphere here for everyone, including new posters.

Since this discussion is for talking about the features/attributes of these vans, the recent posts concerning problems have been moved to the Dodge / Chrysler minivan problems discussion.

ClaireS, Host
    Coupes & Convertibles | Vans & Minivans

Claire

HOST

• hansiennahansienna Posts: 2,312
    In 2002, there were Voyager eC and Caravan eC; Grand Caravan eL and eX and the Town & Country eL and eX.
    How many years were these different models in production and why did DaimlerChrysler discontinue them?
    Was it the same reason the Plymouth Voyager line; Dodge Caravan Sport, Grand Caravan Sport, Grand Caravan LE, Grand Caravan ES; and Chrysler Voyager and Town & Country LXi names were sent to the graveyard? :confuse:
  • Claire@EdmundsClaire@Edmunds Chicago areaPosts: 968
    Posts concerning problems with these the Caravan and Voyager have been moved to the Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler Minivan problems discussion. Please look for the responses to your posts there.

Claire

HOST

• carglowcarglow Posts: 91
    Can you get the 3.3 V6 in a shortwheel base?

Looks like you have to get the Grand Caravan (long wheelbase to get the 3.3).
  • hayneldanhayneldan Posts: 657
    The 3.3 V6 is available in the se plus, sxt, and sxt plus, short wheelbase.
  • carglowcarglow Posts: 91
    Edmunds pricing doesn't show an SE plus option.
    I think the GC SE Plus has been out of production since DC started putting Stow /N Go into the regular GC SE.
    The GC SE Plus was a rip off from the beginning :sick: as it had the smaller 3.3L V6 and when power sliding doors, the overhead console, and triple zone temp was added, the GC SE Plus cost more than the GC SXT that had all of these items plus the larger 3.8L V6, cast wheels, and other nice items standard. ;)
    The 3.3L V6 is standard in the Caravan SXT and SWB Town & Country. The Caravan SE (SWB) was the only 2005 DC minivan that had the 2.4L - 4 cylinder engine. :cry:
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    Hey gang, I just finished a road trip in our 1998 GC Sport 3.8. Said trip featured a single day sprint from southern New Hampshire to the western suburbs of Chicago, eight days of local driving, a second single day sprint from the Chicago area to Westchester county New York (complete with over four hours of insane weather in central Pennsylvania on 5-July), a day of driving around the NYC area, and then a final short hop from "The Gyland" back to southern New Hampshire.

In all the trip consumed 35 hours 7 minutes of engine time, 2,223.5 miles and 102.25 gallons of gasoline, which yields an average speed of 63.31 miles per hour and fuel economy of just shy of 22 mpg, which is pretty good considering that the van was fairly heavily loaded, with the A/C running most of the time and the Cruise Control set at a constant 75 mph. My best tank was between Glen Ellyn, IL and just shy of the Pennsylvania state line on I-80, 399.2 miles on 17.34 gallons of gas (I could easily have gone north of 400 but there were some very angry looking clouds in front of me and I decided to fill it while I could still stay dry). I know that those of you who have the more fuel efficient four bangers and the 3.0 and 3.3 liter sixes are able to routinely see over 400 miles per tank, but for this vintage of the 3.8 I think that I did pretty good. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • mcmilchmcmilch Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Grand Caravan and the owner manual explains how to active / de-active the all the remote and power door lock features with the exception of the auto unlock feature. Does anyone have any the instructions for this? It tells me to refer to the overhead console? I do not have an over head console but with every other instruction it makes the same reference to the overhead console but then states “or follow this procedure”.

I am not sure if this omission is directed at the Canadian market?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • How do you remove the back seats in a 1994 plymouth voyager?
    Will DaimlerChrysler continue to make the Caravan and short wheel base Town & Country now that the Fenton, MO plant is producing Stow 'N Go for all Grand Caravan?
    A Caravan or SWB T&C with Stow 'N Go and middle row seats that move fore and aft would be just the right size for us. Would be even nicer if the more powerful 3.8L V6 were offered in ALL DaimlerChrysler minivans. ;)
    Would like to read any information on the 2006 Caravan and SWB T&C. :)
  • marine2marine2 Posts: 1,155
    There doesn't seem to be any info on the 2006 yet hansienna
  • Does anybody own a Dodge Caravan? Not a Grand Caravan, just the regular Caravan (which is smaller).

The reason why I'm asking is because I am renting a Dodge Caravan to go to drive to Texas from California. I am taking 2 adults and 4 small kids with me for a total of 7.

My main concern is the luggage area in the back of the vehicle behind the 3rd seat. Realistically, what can fit back there? It looks SUPER SMALL back there. I mean, what is it like 6 inches of space or something? Or can I actually fit luggage back there?

If you could give me your honest, realistic opinion of what would and what WOULD NOT fit back there, I would appreciate it. The luggage cases that my wife and I have are about 12" thick at the smallest point. We are taking two of these plus a few smaller cases.

So that's 2 large suitcases and like 3 medium to small sized bags for the kids.

If you can give me an estimate in inches, I would appreciate it. Thanks for your feedback...

P.S. I know I'm pushing it, but what about a small ice chest?
  • dennisctcdennisctc Posts: 1,168
    why not rent a grand caravan??????? with Stow N Go - you'd have plenty of space!!
  • Thanks for the recommendation but my local Dollar Rent a Car only has Caravans. No Grand Caravans.
  • jboehmjboehm Posts: 44
    Anybody ever use E85 fuel in their FFV Caravans?
  • 97xpresso97xpresso Posts: 249
    The middle row is fixed, but the rear 3 passenger bench can be adjusted forward, legroom wouldn't be a problem with small children. You'd be able to stack luggage in the rear then. A small cooler will fit between the front seats.