Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Caravan/Chrysler Voyager

Comments

• kdegenkdegen Posts: 2
    Hello:

I have a 2002 Chrysler Town and country Caravan and the 2

swiches for the automatic sliding doors don't activate the doors.I can open them with the overhead controls but have to close manually.Checked fuses under hood OK.

Do these have fusable links somewhere?.

Thanks

kdegen
  • hi
    i do hope someone can help my i have a 1998 chrysler grand voyager which iam having problems with the memory iod fuse circuit which ihave been told by a auto electrican .does anyone know what is on this circuit or have any ideas please help
  • kdegenkdegen Posts: 2
    All set Wife pressed the left most switch on overhead panel

which controls power to rear door swithes :)
  • blink3blink3 Posts: 74
    Looking at a Dodge caravan 2003-2005 range and was wondering about reliability or any issues or years I need to stay away from? Looking at getting one with less than 20k miles. I do on the road sales so I will be racking up the miles big time. Need something I can change the oil in and keep on going.
    Thanks!
  • I have a 98 dodge caravan. My gauges started not working intermittently. Then my door looks didn't work. Then my lights, then my windshield wipers. Then everything was blank. After searching the forums I new I was having a problem with my iod fuse also. The fuse is located in the fuse box next to the battery on the caravan. It is all the way in the back, close to where the battery wires connect to the fuse box. The other forums I read said to remove the iod fuse. Disconnect the battery. Clean the terminals and battery to make sure it is getting a good connection. Wait ten minutes. Reinstall the battery. Then reinstall the fuse. All problems were fixed. They even had a fuse taped to the top of the fuse box that fit the iod fuse spot in case it is faulty. What a cheap fix. From what I read a lot of electrical problems can be fixed this way. It is an easy thing to try. :shades: Good luck to you.
  • aprendizaprendiz Posts: 17
    Leak stop fluids will be effective for small oil leakage, about 0.2 qts/3000 miles through engine block gasket and crankshaft sensor gasket for a 100 000 Chrysler Voyager L 2,4?
    Contraindications?
    Compativility with sinthetics oil?
    Looking at a Dodge/Chrysler minivan, which motor is better? Taking into consideration HP, Torque, reliability, fuel rating???? Which is newer?
    Thanks!
  • badgerfanbadgerfan Posts: 1,564
    The two engines are nearly identical, they are both the same basic design. The 3.3 will get you just a bit better mileage with a somewhat less torque and horsepower, but it is entirely adequate, especially on the short wheel base versions of the DCX minivans. Both have been in production for quite a few years and are generally quite reliable. Both run fine on regular grade fuel.
    Great! Thank you!
  • Can I get a mileage check from anybody with a 2002 Caravan/Grand Caravan or newer and what the mileage is. I am trying to find some with high mileage just to see how they hold up.
  • edhopperedhopper Posts: 7
    I'm in the market for a used minivan. After doing some research I think a 2002-2003 Dodge Caravan is the way to go. It seems to offer the best value for the money. (The Honda is suppose to be better, but way more $ and the T & C is nice but just seems to be an upgraded Caravan)
    It looks like I can get one in good shape with reasonable mileage for $7000 to $9000.
    Here is my question. I'm a bit confused looking at the different model info on the web. I would like a Caravan with the shorter wheelbase (89in I think) with the 6valve engine. So what model am I looking for. I only know I don't want the Grand Caravan.
    Also if anyone wants to link to any specific posts about buying a used Caravan, it would be appreciated. Thanks
  • 97xpresso97xpresso Posts: 249
    The Caravan is the SWB model. Most have the 3.3 six cylinder engine. I believe the 2003 came with a 7 year/70,000 mile powertrain warranty.
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    We have two Grand Caravans, a 1998 and a 2003, both with the 3.8 liter mill. The 1998 will flip over 111,111 miles tomorrow and the 2003 is sitting right about 62,500 miles. Since your question is regarding the 2002 and later models, I'll hit that one. To date, the unscheduled maintenance has consisted of the battery (replaced with a DieHard) and one ABS wheel sensor (replaced by the dealer, post warranty, for about $220). As far as scheduled maintenance and normal wear items, I replaced the front brakes for the first time last summer at about 47,000 miles and the original tires last fall at about 58,000 miles. All in all it has cost us almost the same amount as our 1998 did at the same point

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • ricklustricklust Posts: 1
    I could not find the Cabin Filter on my Wifes Mazda MPV van. It was behind the Glove Compartment. Check out www.MPVClub.com

They showed where it was and step by step directions for removing.
    I have a 2003 Grand Caravan and I will be looking for my Filter behind the Glove Box.....Hope this helps.....
  • hansiennahansienna Posts: 2,312
    Also look at the Chrysler Voyager which is the clone of the Caravan. I think you want the V6 engine and not the anemic inline 4 cyl.
    My sister just bought a nice used 2005 GC SE that had 23,000 miles and has already added another 1,000 miles.
    I just bought a used 2004 Dodge Caravan SE.
    75000 miles but it's in great shape and I love the way it drives.
    But I have two questions. Do I have to go to a dealer to get a copy of the Auto-Lock key, and how much will it cost.
    Second, on the second row sliding doors are these rubber plug in the middle front. What are these?
    Thanks, I'm sure I'll be back with more queries:-)
  • hayneldanhayneldan Posts: 657
    Buy your key from Ebay if it is the sentry type which disables the car if it does not recognize the chip in the key. much cheaper than dealer, get it cut at hardware store. Rubber plug between front and middle seats if 6' X 12" may be covers for optional removable consoles that can mount between either seats.
  • joseluis67joseluis67 Posts: 1
    Please, I need Owners Manual Chrysler Voyager 2002.
    I bought my van from a reseller, so I don't have any of the original specs. How do I know if I have a Sentry Key? Is there an indication on it? Do all 2004 models have this feature?
    If not, could I just have a second key made at the hardware store?
  • hayneldanhayneldan Posts: 657
    Check your owners manual It should show the types of keys.