Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Caravan/Chrysler Voyager

1106107108109110112»

Comments

• ktradektrade Posts: 1
    My 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan with the 3.8 engine now has the ABS light on full time. ABS does not function but brakes are just fine. Pads are OK. Can I read the ABS trouble codes with an ordinary OBD2 reader, or otherwise can I get blink codes out of the computer? If so how do I access the blink codes?

Thanks,
    ktrade
  • caravan03caravan03 Posts: 1
    My 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan with the 3.8 engine now has the ABS light on full time. ABS does not function but brakes are just fine. Pads are OK. Can I read the ABS trouble codes with an ordinary OBD2 reader, or otherwise can I get blink codes out of the computer? If so how do I access the blink codes?
  • jpfjpf Posts: 496
    I have a 2006 Dodge Caravan with 56k miles. Recently, I notice a rattling or groaning noise only when the air conditioner is turned on. It doesn't occur continuously but from to time to time I can hear the noise when the vehicle is stopped. The noise is similar to that of a bad engine or transmission mount and you can hear a groaning noise when accelerating from a stop. The air conditioner works fine and blows out cold air. Is anyone familiar with this problem? Any advice is very much appreciated.
  • oldsalt2oldsalt2 Posts: 8
    I have a 1999 with 155,000 miles. I have a similar noise. In the process of diagnosing it, the serpentine belt and idler were changed. This seemed to reduce, but not eliminate the noise. A stethoscope will tell you if you have a similar problem.
  • docbunnerdocbunner Posts: 11
    I would have your airconditioning unit checked out. I had a similar noise just before my unit went out on me. When I took it in to have the noise checked out, they discovered thwqt the berings weree going bad which had caused the nosie. they changed out the AC unit and no more problems.
  • I had a new (rebuilt) transmission put in our 2000 Voyager (174000 miles) and it shifts oddly. Is there any way to reset the "shift points," which, I understand are controlled by the computer?
  • I am no expert, but I believe the transmission is supposed to "remember" your driving habits and set shift points accordingly. In other words, if you drive like there's an egg between your sole and the gas pedal, the transmission will shift earlier (to a higher gear) and then remember that and shift earlier in the future. Similarly, if you are a lead foot, then the transmission will stay in lower gears and shift later. It will remember that you drive fast and shift later in the future.
  • jpfjpf Posts: 496
    I had the drive belt tensioner replaced and that fixed the problem. Thank you for the advice.
  • This manual does NOT COVER All-Wheel Drive nor Alternative Fuel Models.
    It compares favorably with other Haynes manuals for conciseness, clarity of both written instructions and photographs and is thorough. I used it step by step to replace horns, headlight bulbs and to go through a 30,000 mile check up and service. I also checked it’s description for changing wiper blades, oil and oil filters, air filters and general repairs and found it both accurate and easy to understand.
    I’ve been happy with Haynes manuals over the years and recommend all vehicle owners purchase one even if you don’t expect to do any repair or service yourself. It helps to know the information, to be aware of how your car works and to talk in a reasonably intelligent manner (on your part anyway) when you take your vehicle in for service.
    I’m happy with this purchase.
    Caravan Insurance
  • hillrhillr Posts: 1
    We are experiencing the same noise. Did you get any advice or help on your question? What did you end up doing?
    Thanks
  • I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to pressurize the fuel tank (with low pressure through the cap) so that the pressure would feed back toward the engine, causing a hissing sound enabling an easier way to pinpoint the system leak.

I have in the past found and repaired Evap System leaks due to bad hoses. They were always straight forward & located in the hoses up under the driver's seat area around the pump & valve/box area. This does not seem to be the case this time.

Due to physical limitation from health issues, I am trying to avoid placing the van up on 4 stands & removing obstructions to hand & visually inspect every line in the Evap/Fuel line system.

It seems to me that this should be possible by adapting an old cap to put the air into the tank, but I do not know if this approach could damage any parts.

Any input would be appreciated.
  • How do i correct a code PO353 in a 96 caravan
  • gehlotgehlot Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Need help... some of the dash board lights i.e. speedometer, mileage, fuel, gear not working in my 2002 dodge caravan. While signal, engine, break lights etc. are fine. Could someone help... what is the problem and how to fix?
  • Here is how I fixed mine on a 2003 caravan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bf5w3AZR_0
  • My 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan was involved in a sideswipe accident on the drivers side. It was parked in the driveway for several weeks and the battery was drained. I replaced the front drivers side fender, door and rear sliding door on the drivers side with parts from a 2001 Caravan, as well as a brand new battery. Now the heater blower doesn't work on any speed, and the power passenger window doesn't work. The headlights and interior lights seem dim while the vehicle is running even though it's a new battery. There power button for the heater control lights up, the damper moved when you change from hot to cold temperature, but no voltage to the blower motor.

Any Ideas on where to start looking?