Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Caravan/Chrysler Voyager

Comments

• dimiterodimitero Posts: 6
    I talked a second time to the dealer. He was much more vague. He said Chrysler was aware of the issue and was coming up with a solution but we do not know when...it is presumed that the dealers will be receiving it, maybe a KIT or something. He said he will call me.He still has not however..
  • kendolinkendolin Posts: 1
    Has anyone started to look at what may be causing the resonance?

I know that the MY 99 Mustang Cobra's had a vibration around 70 mph, which was related to the driveline (http://www.blueovalnews.com/svtproblems.htm).

Also, a common modification of the Ford Taurus SHO is to bypass the restrictive air intake (http://www.v8sho.com/sho/intake1.html). The effect of this is right at 3400 rpm when the intake secondaries open, a noticeable howl is felt (especially in the accelerator pedal) and heard. It occurs right at 3400 rpm and dissipates quickly as the revs climb. The howl is most prominent at high load and less prominent, but still noticeable, under smooth throttle application. The noise is similar to the howl that Don Knott's character makes in the Incredible Mr. Limpett movie. This modification may violate emission warranties as well as EPA noise levels. This second issue may prompt DC to fix the problem if the noise goes above EPA standards.

My wife took delivery today of a 2001 AWD Limited. When I get home Thursday, I will investigate some more.

Ken
  • josaljosal Posts: 2
    I just picked up my EX and love it. I should just give up and be happy BUT... Paid 25,600. (including the ad fees that we didn't expect) salesman claims it $47 over invoice. Of course we had to add 8.25% tax. Salesman gave us copy of invoice but it is a copy and how do I really know if it is the real one! Anybody get a better price?? I have a case of buyers regret that we could have got a better deal!
  • carleton1carleton1 Posts: 560
    All DC ads state that the EX is not eligible for discounts, rebates, incentives. When you get an EX for less than MSRP, the purchase is a very good deal.
  • Just purchased and picked up a I&I EX with side airbags for $25,807.00. This was roughly $150 over invoice which I consider to be a very good deal. Live in NH so there is no sales tax! The dealer was great to do business with and my wife and I love the van. This is our first mini van. The EX is simply a great vehicle with great features for a great price.
  • fly6869fly6869 Posts: 17
    We bought a T&C EX inferno red for $26081 final price including tax. Used frieds and family coupon and recent graduate discount. Dealer called days later and asked us to pay them the discounts back because they didn't know that the EX was not to be sold with any discounts. Had to have an attorney call them to get title work sent because they wanted their money or the van back. After all this, the van with 800 miles developed an oil leak. The dealer today had to replace the power stearing rack. Hopefully not a sign of things to come. By the way, a dealer here in Ohio is already making plans to install leather seats in some EX's.
    Too bad you didn't have the attorney tell them to refund every penny you paid. They made money on the EX they sold you although it may not have been as much as they would like.
  • kcapri13kcapri13 Posts: 1
    I bought my wife a T&C EX for MSRP with 1.9% Fin. for 48 MO. I know Chrysler made a mistake, but I wasn't going to tell them. By the way it's a great van.
    And as either a Chrysler T&C or Dodge GC it is an excellent buy at MSRP. Please let us know how you like the power liftgate and the modern design passenger power sliding door that also works very well manually.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,947
    Making a Marketable Minivan

Steve
    Host
    Vans, SUVs and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards
  • h20guyh20guy Posts: 64
    Now you started it Steve. ;)
    Well, the "I Don't Like SUVs'" discussion seems to be dying, so I thought I'd inject some controversy into your lives over here :-)

Steve
    Host
  • oreo2oreo2 Posts: 2
    Looking for input for experienced mini-van owners. I recently purchased a 01 DC T&C LX with towing package, no hitch. Is it best to have the dealer install a hitch, or will an RV dealer be just as good if not better. I will be towing a pop up GVW of @2600 and a TW of @250. What about a equalizer hitch, are they worth the money? Any input would be appreciated.
  • jfz219jfz219 Posts: 63
    I have had hitches on my 1996 and 1998 T&C vans. I didn't get one for my 2001 when I took delivery because of availability. Reese, Draw-Tight, and U-Haul have class 2 and 3 systems. These are bolted to the unibody at the bumper attachment sites. Most hitch dealers will answer your questions as far as the appropriate application for your needs. I had a 2" receiver setup that worked great.
    And he apparently has not read in the Edmund's Town Hall where Odyssey transmission problems are a well documented fact. He overlooks the lack of padding on the Odyssey's armrests on the doors, the lack of a quality stereo, the lack of ability for front passenger and driver to set their own temperature comfort level, the lack of a Trip Computer, etc.
    And he apparently has not read Consumer Reports where Odyssey reliability has dropped. Not everyone needs to haul a dozen sheets of sheetrock home each week from Home Depot so the "Magic Seat" is not the sole criteria for most people in selecting a minivan as it is for Mr. Wardlaw. The "Fish Eye" mirror in the Windstar is a safety hazard as one must move their eyes too far away from the driving line of sight to look at the activities of the children in the rear.
    And why doesn't Mr. Wardlaw state the ACTUAL PRICE paid for a vehicle instead of MSRP? Edmunds paid well above MSRP for the test Odyssey while most consumers buy a DC minivan at a nice discount. Come on Edmunds, be more realistic and state actual prices paid.
    Maybe it's because he owns a Sienna?

Steve
    Host
    I told ya steve this would happen. ;-]
    I forgot to ask will this ever end??? I hope not, it's too much fun!! :]]
  • ed12ed12 Posts: 100
    Folks:

Reference the price of the Caravan vs the Odyssey. I got a comparable quote on a Honda Oydessy and the Dodge Grand Caravan ES very nicely equipped. This was on a 42 month lease.
    If you want comfort get the Grand Caravan ES. If ease of access for cargo space is more important, get the Odyssey. One of Edmund's writers feels that the Magic Seat is more important than comfort, neglects the many reported transmission failures in Odysseys, and the lower reliability ratings of recent Odysseys...while transmission reliability and overall reliability of Chrysler T&C, Voyager and Dodge Caravan has been increasing.
    For many of us, the BEST heating/airconditioning system of the DC minivans, a high quality stereo,etc. are more important than cargo carrying flexibility.