Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi Q7 Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• I had to have the brakes on my 2007 Q7 3.6 done at 15,0000 miles (back in June), and that cost nearly $800. Now at 19,000 miles I am hearing the sensors again. I cannot believe that any car should need brakes this often. I am going to take to a brake place rather than the dealer to get a "better" assessment of the brakes. I really think that Audi should cover their brakes under the maintenance plan if the brakes fail so quickly.
  • vip9vip9 Posts: 30
    I got the AMP at the time I leased my car. MSRP is around $500. The sheet of paper with covered work and exclusions cannot be more vague except for the explicit exclusion of the brake replacement.

As it turns out (well, at least according to my dealer) - tire rotation is not covered. New wipers are not covered... so what is???? 4 oil changes for $500 seems a bit steep even for Audi.

Was anybody able to decipher the Audi-speak and/or got a reasonable explanation from a dealer?

After having 15K and 25K maintenance performed under that plan, it appears to me that oil change is the only task they performed.
  • Has anyone else had issues with a chronic brake squeaking? It has been in the shop 3 times and they say it is an issue that is being worked on in Germany and it will be at least 3 months before any fix will be available. They say it is a common Q7 issue.
  • Although Audi North Scottsdale has not been able to fix the problem I must say that these people have been extremely good to work with. Since the brake problem has been a constant since I got the car and a source of frustration they are now paying my lease payment until the problem can get fixed.

The head of the service department and Jill Pugh are both good people. My only issue now is that there has not been another post with this brake issue. Please let me know if you have had this issue and what dealership fixed it so I can get the issue resolved.
  • c3000c3000 Posts: 4
    Same here this will be the second time that I bring it in for excessive brake squeaking. It sounds like a city bus or a train when I come to a stop at any traffic lights. First time around they machined the brakes totally useless...obviously they need to replace something. When I've come side by side with any other Q I've never heard their brakes squeak. Must just be mine. :mad:
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    they are now paying my lease payment until the problem can get fixed

I must say I am totally impressed! :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • The same thing happened to me- itis a ridiculous design. All you haveto do is stop short and the coffee or whaever goe flying into it. You are right - they should own it. It seems that it happens to too many people.
  • My brake noise became unbearable around 16K miles, and my dealer told me I needed new brakes (to the tune of over $800). I had the work done (reluctantly) and I did not hear any noises for about 1500 miles. Now at 19K miles, these are screeching horribly again. I have noticed that it is not as bad, although still quite audible, when the wheels have been cleaned. I think it is atrocious that any car should need brakes so frequently. My old Lexus LX went 60K miles before needing replacements. I was told that since I do about 1/2 my driving as stop and go, the brakes are going to wear "more quickly". Personally, I think it is a design flaw, or poor pad supplier. What did your Audi dealer state the real problem was with the brakes?
  • I don't think they know what the problem is...still waiting. I will post when they get a fix. I'm wanting them to termintate my lease at this point. This is my first Audi and although the car is amazing I can't believe they can't make the brakes stop making noise.

Thanks for the posts...I'm glad to know I'm not alone.
  • This is my first Audi as well, and boy am I glad I leased it. While it is a great car to drive, and I love the features (MMI, Panarorma roof), the issues I have my first year have me seriously thinking of just handing the keys back when the lease is up. Please let me know if they terminate your lease early. I would very much like to be able to have facts like that if I need to escalate my problems further. No wonder the lease deals were so good last year, Audi knew they had some problems on their hands.
  • Should have posted here originally.

Love my 2007 4.2 Q7. However, strangely, my advance key doesnt seem to fully work anymore. I can not longer open the door by grabing the handle (the key blinks quickly when I touch the door handle) or closing the door by pressing the button on the door handle (again, key blinks quickly). Pressing the door open/close keys on the key fob work though. The keyless start also no longer works and when I press the button, the key again blinks quickly and the dashboard says no key recognized (I think that is what it says as it flashes in the center console). Can still use the key and turn on the ignition. Called my dealer who never heard abt this problem and I would need to leave the car. Both keys do the same thing so not a battery issue. Anyone run into this problem? :confuse:
  • av1proav1pro Posts: 1
    I had the same problem and the dealer said the same thing. I tried a 3rd party place and they quoted me $1200. So I figured what the hell let's see if the connection is dirty. I don't recommend doing this but I poured a small amount of water on the mmi wheel and constantly spin it to clear anything that might have gotten in the connector's way. After 15-20 minutes it started working again! I would say if you want to try it, do so with an electronic contact cleaner which you can get at radio shack. It is designed to clean contact points without damaging the equipment. I've used it before on audio mixers and it works great.
  • ramoncramonc Posts: 10
    Hi. Unfortunately you are experiencing the product of a company confused and poorly managed. This will probably will not be the only surprise you will find as owner of an Audi vehicle. Do not ask for an answer as most probably you will not find satisfaction. My experience with Audi service and customer service has been sub par. Audi prefers better lawyers than engineers or mechanics. I wish you well but I am not the only one unhappy with a company that sells expensive cars but seems to lack the depth of engineering needed for this market. By the way, do not own or lease an Audi out of guarantee. Audi overcharges in both the rate of labor and the time it takes to get the job done. Very excessive charges. Just ask how much to replace the battery. Good luck.
  • mml7mml7 Posts: 55
    Love my 2007 4.2 Q7. However, strangely, my advance key doesnt seem to fully work anymore. I can not longer open the door by grabing the handle (the key blinks quickly when I touch the door handle) or closing the door by pressing the button on the door handle (again, key blinks quickly). Pressing the door open/close keys on the key fob work though. The keyless start also no longer works and when I press the button, the key again blinks quickly and the dashboard says no key recognized (I think that is what it says as it flashes in the center console). Can still use the key and turn on the ignition. Called my dealer who never heard abt this problem and I would need to leave the car. Both keys do the same thing so not a battery issue. Anyone run into this problem?

Replace the battery in both remotes. They use standard CR2032 available at any drug store. The Advanced Key seems to have a higher current draw than normal keys. There are a slew of people at another Audi forum who are having similar issues (pretty much all of which were resolved by replacing the key fob battery).
  • epq7epq7 Posts: 1
    I have leased my Q7 2 years ago, the first time we changed our breaks where at 12 thousand after a 6 month I was able to prove to the dealer that this is not normal and I got my $700 reimbersement no 13 thousand latter I know again need to change the breaks. This is obviously an issue with this car an unless Audi except this nothing will be done. everytime I spoke with Audi they send me back to the dealer, but I think the audi needs to hear more about this from when I spoke with them on this issue they said that unless they have a lot of cars that have the same issue nothing will be done to me it sounds like a major flow in the design of this car if you have to replace breaks, sensor and roters evrey 12-15 K this car will cost a fortune. I love this car, but I think the AUDI needs to setup to the plate and cover the breaks on all Q7 at this point I know for sure I will not lease another Q7. I think it's important for everyone that has an issue with break CALL AUDI and complaint. If we get enough buzz they might do something.
    A proud owner of AUDI.
  • sorry for late response as out of town but got back this weekend and went to my neighborhood store and got 2 CR2032 and my problems have disappeared. Tks, :D
  • My husband bought this SUV (brand new) last year and since then, has been having problems with the MMI. It will just turn off while we're driving, sometimes it will turn back on by itself, other times, it just totally shuts off. We've taken it back to their service center 4X already; it seems they have a hard time figuring out what the problem is, and they never told us what caused the MMI to shut off.One time, the MMI was not fixed until after a week. does anybody have this problem, too?
    We truly regret buying the Q7 Aside from the above problem, it is so noisy when on the road. We had a Lexus RX, which was a delight, and I have a Mercedes MLB that never gives me any headache.
  • I had to replace my entire MMI twice . 1st time Audi paid ( AFTER many phone calls and wasted time) 2nd Time I had to pay $!000.

I spilled coffee on the shifter area where the MMI is and it shorted out. TERRIBLE FLAWED design to not SEAL the MMI unit BUT AUDI claims no RESPONSIBILITY.

So check to see if you spilled EVEN WATER will short it .

AUDI HQ was RUDE ARROGANT and down right insulting!

My lease runes out in 10 months and I plan to buy a BMW X3(better gas) or X5.

I love my Audi q7 ride BUT Audi cant spell CUSTOMER SERVICE !!!!!

Just curious ... Why did you go to an Audi from your Lexus.... I was also considering Lexus/Acura but I dont like the body style - boring ... ..

:lemon: .. ..
  • the Lexus was leased, and my husband needed more space for his golf clubs, plus the design of the Q7 i bet, is so appealing to the men; it has a "macho" look; i also admired it, but with the MMI problems, i'll never recommend it. just this morning, i drove it and the MMI just turned back on for 10 minutes. after i shut off the engine, the MMI turned on again for a few seconds...so weird!
    we can't wait to get rid of this SUV. mind you, before we decided to buy this,my colleague at work told me that every time there's something wrong with her Audi car, it takes a long time for them to fix it. should have listened to her.
    maybe we all should file a strict liability claim case against the company if we find more Q7 drivers with the same complaints.after the 4th time we took it for repair, they told us that there was "hardened spilled coffee or soda" when they took the MMI apart. My husband said just a very little bit of coffee spilled, and that was only once last year, plus, they never told us this was the problem that was causing it! it worked after they fixed it that time, and no liquid spilled after that! definitely flawed design, for liquids to seep in there. now they want us to pay $1100 for a replacement.
    aside from that, we had 2 TV screens installed on the headrests for our 2 kids; one of the monitors fell off 2X. also, one time,water (most probably from the airconditioning) was seeping into the floor on the driver side.what an aggravation for such an expensive SUV! so you see our frustration. waste of time going back and forth for repairs!
  • I used to be able to MUTE my sound system by depressing with my thumb the volume button found on the right side of the steering wheel . I have the Q7 Premium 3.6.

On a service visit I had the dealer check out an electrical problem and they said there was none but that they did some Software updates.

Then the MUTE featured stopped working.

I bought it in to the dealer for another service (since no mute button was annoying BUT I was too busy to bother with it ) and they now claim that feature was never on this model. SO I guess I (and my whole family) was HOLLUCIANATING !!!
    :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:

This may sound like a minor problem BUT it is typical AUDI customer service... If they cant fix a problem... BLAME the CUSTOMER - they are American IDIOTS ...

HAS ANYONE used the MUTE button or HAD THIS PROBLEM??

THANKS !!! :lemon: :lemon:

BTW.. I am the guy who had spilled water on the MMI and AUDI claimed it was not their FAULT that they did not SEAL the MMI unit from moisture... Again only AMERICAN IDIOTS drive and drink water/coffee.. It COST me $1000..

Hey but it COST AUDI a potential LIFELONG CUSTOMER !!