Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Grand Prix - 2000-2005

Comments

• johnclineiijohnclineii Posts: 2,287
    I just hope GM doesn't put the Uglycloth in the G6, too. It ran me off from a GP GTP purchase this time round...
  • wpbharrywpbharry Posts: 399
    First, John, what are you currently driving? Profile is blank on the issue.

Secondly, I AGREE with the sentiments re:cloth seats. Las Vegas, anyone? BUT can't believe cloth is even offered on the GTP. Is it really?
  • johnclineiijohnclineii Posts: 2,287
    ..a 2000 Impala LS bought new, now with 131,000 virtually trouble free miles. Before that was a 98 GTP I put 77,000 virtually trouble free miles on as well...
  • dindakdindak Posts: 6,632
    We have a w-body twin, an Intrigue. Two small issues over 3 1/2+ years now.

Given the proven drive train and the high quality plant where it's made, the 04 GP should yield very few issues.
  • wpbharrywpbharry Posts: 399
    Due to the fact that we're mainly in the Malibu Maxx forum, I DO know what you drive, and lost a beat. Sorry.

Here comes an UGH, but I love the orange fusion color on the new GP. VERY distinctive.

Huge rebates already, so maybe next summer, I'll be in one.

Keep posting reactions to the '04, please.
  • orwoodyorwoody Posts: 269
    For those still waiting/deciding I had the campaign(officially not a recall) work done on my 2003 GP GT today. Only took about an hour and they were real busy. (day before long Holiday weekend.)

Other than a couple of buzzy panels on rough pavement no troubles from the GT and got almost 27mpg on last tank. (about 80% hwy)
  • jodar96jodar96 Posts: 396
    Just bought a 95 Olds Cutlass Supreme with V-6 3100 engine for my son. I am asking this question here since there is no open Olds forum.

The engine in this car is identical to what GM put in all base W-car V-6 engines in 95-present.

My question is this; While replacing the rear spark plugs, I felt like I disconnected a two prong connector. After I replaced the back row plugs, I went back and checked to see where the connector was supposed to go. I could not find any male two prong area for this connector. I started the engine, and drove it around the block, and none of the lights came on, and the alternator was operating fine.

Does anyone know anything about this connector? After checking the outside of the connector, I noticed that the area that is supposed to be inserted into receiver had dirt on it, like it was never inserted into anything in the first place Is it possible that that two prong connector is for another engine like the 3.4L?

Also is it normal for the altenator in this engine to get so hot? The heat on alternator body is much greater than the heat off intake mainifold.

I though the wire might have come off the alt. but alt. connectors are in place.

Thanks,
    Joe
  • dan165dan165 Posts: 653
    Where did everyone go?
  • End of Uglycloth(r). Starting this month, the cloth will be mono-tone in appearance. Also more foam in the lower rear seat.
    Where did you see that?

They must have got a lot of negetive feedback.
  • Saw it on the dealership bulletin board, when bringing in my brother's 2004 GTP for the recall.
    Well, there are a few people here who should be happy.

Certainly was the right thing to fix quick as it was not nice to look at.
  • tek3tek3 Posts: 20
    Did they refer to it as "Uglycloth" on the bulletin board? That would make some of the cynical folks on here very happy.
  • evandroevandro Posts: 1,108
    So the 2004 GP still has the leaky intake manifold?
  • WOW! I may go look at the Grand Prix again! The Uglycloth (TM recognized) was one of two major reasons holding me back. The other was the need for backseat room, which, due to a change in personal circumstances, is no longer nearly so necessary...
  • oldsman01oldsman01 Posts: 1,203
    It's about time Pontiac got rid of the "uglycloth" seats. I mean what were they trying to emulate, the 1970s? I'll be curious to see what the new seat material looks like. BTW, anyonme see the massive sport sedan review in the latest issue of Automobile. The GP ranked near the bottom but it was ahead of the Maxima which ranked last.
  • The Maxima ranked last? Who was first, the biggest advertiser of the year? I believe at Automobile that would be Chrysler...

:)
  • Right Rear Brake Hose Fitting Torque was what the recall is for. Grand Prixs haven't had leaky maifolds since the first years of the last generation. ALthough you see it more in Bonnevilles then the Grand Prix.
  • evandroevandro Posts: 1,108
    Of course, the new GP has Al manifolds...

Yep, I took my Bonneville yesterday to have recall service performed. But at just 17000mls it leaked and the upper manifold was replaced.