Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Grand Prix - 2000-2005

Comments

• snaabsnaab Posts: 68
    plase use this link rather than the other one i gave. this one has more pics. someone wanted pics of the seats so i will try to take a few pics of them soon. take it easy.

http://photos.yahoo.com/amulay2003
  • dindakdindak Posts: 6,632
    I know production is well under way, but I didn't realize the cars had hit the dealers yet. I will have to check and see if the local Pontiac dealer has any.

Great pictures by the way!
    cars are NOT in dealers yet. im guessing another 2-3 weeks before that happens. my fathers car is a test vehicle that upper level GM employees get. THe purpose is to evaluate the car before it gets to the dealer lots to see if there are any last problems. They always do this when cars are redesigned or facelifted.
    i posted up more pics. someone wanted pics of the cloth seats i believe. cant really think of any more pics to take but let me know if anyone wants to see anything.

• richm4richm4 Posts: 169
    Thanks for posting all those pictures -- they really run the gamut.

Those multi-colored cloth inserts on the seats looks kind of tacky. If I order one, I'll probably get the leather even though it's not as comfortable to me in the extreme weather.

The local dealers keep saying "they'll be arriving next week" for a few weeks now. I'm getting antsy for a new car, I'm also considering the Accord. The Accord is a nice car, especially it's interior, but I hate to not take advantage of my GM Card rebate points and GMS pricing I can get.

Since your dad works for GM, do you know if dealers will be doing the GMO or GMS pricing right away?
  • richm4richm4 Posts: 169
    Snaab, would you mind posting a picture of the way the dash looks at night? I have a 98 GP and am curious as to how it campares to the current design.

Thanks.
    Ah, I see. I drove by the local lot today and they had none yet. I live about an hour from the plant so I'm hoping we will see some GPs early.
    Saw the 04 GP review in the new Car and Driver. They were quite positive on the car and it's handling! Check it out when you are at the corner store next time.
    i dont remember which board it was in, but someone wanted to see pics of the GP guages at night. i tried takin some right now... but its kinda hard without using the flash becuase the shutter stays open longer making the shot very sensitive to movement. hope that made sense. thats why they are blury.

• oldsman01oldsman01 Posts: 1,203
    Stopped off at the local dealer the other night just to see if they might have any of the new GPs in. They didn't, in fact they didn't have much in the way of Pontiacs in stock unless you want a Sunfire or Grand Am. They had 2 current GPs and 3 Bonnevilles. One of the Bonnevilles was a fully loaded 2002 SSEi. That one got my interest a bit because I've always liked the SSEi(and this one was black with chrome wheels) and I began wondering what kind of discounts this car would have. Being as the 03s have been on sale for nearly half a year now, I'm sure they are bound to be wanting to move this thing off their lot.
    Thanks for the link! I think the "American BMW" idea is far fetched, but it sounds like the new GP has some decent handling and the interior is definitely much better. I'd really like to take one of these for a spin when they come out.
  • vcjumpervcjumper Posts: 1,110
    Unfortunately when I take a look at Snaab's pictures of the back seat, I see how sloped the rear window is towards the seats and it reminds me that I have to look elsewhere for my needs.
    i dont think that head room is too much of an issue back there. however maybe this is because the seat is too low. headroom: good. comfort: not too great.
  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 1,744
    Sadly, whenever I read a C&D review of any new model I take it with several shakers worth of salt. They almost always rave about a new model only to trash it 6 months or a year later. The only exception I can think of lately is the Ion. I think I'll wait for a while before passing judgement.

2011 Buick Regal Turbo, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

Still it's encouraging to see a good review out of the gate here. Back seat in the new GP is bad though, fine for kids but not good for adults IMO. Anyone else seen a different review of the 04 GP?
  • phrostedphrosted Posts: 3
    Does anyone know if you can get one color cloth seats? Those two-tone seats look too old-manish...
  • patpat Posts: 10,421

Join us tonight, 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET for another
    round of automotive trivia and member-to-member chat.
    Test your skills (or multiple choice guessing ability)
    against other Town Hall members.

http://www.edmunds.com/townhall/chat/townhallchat.html

Hope to see you there!
    thats the only pattern you can get on the cloth seats. the leather is supposed to be of better quality this year. and i think its only about $600 more and comes with heated seats. not a bad deal in my mind.
  • johnclineiijohnclineii Posts: 2,287
    If you do not want leather, if they pay YOU $600 to take it, it is not a good deal. That cloth alone is enough reason for me to go back to ONLY considering a Mazda6. First GM lost me by putting the old generation of supercharged 3800s in the new Impala SS, and now this. I do not need a car that my business associates would never take seriously.

Plus, I agree, there is no way I am putting a real estate agent and a lawyer in that back seat for a 100 mile trip. No way.

Guess I better call up the Mazda dealer and make an appointment.