Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Grand Prix - 2000-2005

Comments

• dindakdindak Posts: 6,632
    Congrats!

Look forward to reviews and pictures from you.
  • patssoxpatssox Posts: 8
    <<Ever noticed how many gray cars are on the road?>>

According to several reports I've read recently grey/silver is going to be "The" color for the next several years. Beats Teal, I guess.

Paul
  • orwoodyorwoody Posts: 269
    I saw the black GTP at the auto show and it looked great. Silver seems to be the most available color on the new GP. I read somewhere that silver has been the largest seller for the last year or two. My 2000 GTP was silver and looked good.
    As for teal; I didn't think the teal they put on the 2002-2003 GP looked as good as the teal they offered on the previous generation Bonneville. i.e. the teal that changed color as the light changed. We had a 96 Bonne that looked drop dead gorgeous all shined up in that teal.
    The Pontiac dealer I've dealt with finally got 7/8 new GPs in - unfortunaeltly I've been too busy to get over and take him up on his offer of a few test drives.
  • richm4richm4 Posts: 169
    Just brought home a 2004 GTP last week. Since the car was probably built and painted in the last month or so, does anyone know if I need to wait a certain period of time before I can wax my car?
  • hammen2hammen2 Posts: 1,313
    In the Olden Days, you did need to wait for paint to "cure". This should no longer be an issue with modern paints (my wife had this same concern when she got her 2001 GTP).

I would seriously think about using something other than wax on a new car (i.e. Zaino, BlackFire). Now that spring has (finally) arrived in Wisconsin, today I can finally do a full wash-and-detail on my wife's GTP and my Aurora - I haven't hand-washed or applied Zaino her GTP since last June, and it still "glows" and beads very nicely - try that with wax!

--Robert
    Gray looks nice, but when everyone else has it you blend in too much.

Next car will be an onyx blue or polo green.
  • oldsman01oldsman01 Posts: 1,203
    Polo green has always been a favorite color of mine. I remember when Cadillac first started offering that color on the Eldorado touring coupe way back in 1991. I was only 15 when I saw one of those in that color at a local auto show and that was what I dreamed of for my 16th birthday. Does Pontiac offer a dark blue on the new GP?
    Don't know.. I saw a Polo Green one at the local lot though and it's nice.
  • Hi guys. I have a 98 Grand Prix GTP. I was just looking to improve the exaust sound. Guys have any suggestions on a pair of mufflers?
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 6,919
    How do you compare the '04 GTP to the previous one you owned?
  • ruskiruski Posts: 1,566
    it looks much refined. More features. It is very close to Chrysler 300M. It is 300M with more punch and without memory seats (passenger seat is actually not powered at all)
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 6,919
    Thanks....I've got 110K mi on my 300M. It's been the best car I've ever owned.

I was thinking of replacing it with the GTP since I saw it at the Detroit Auto Show. I may hold onto the 300M for another year and wait to see what Chrysler does with the 300N.

Of course, there's always the RX8, which I like a lot, too.
    Looks like Toyota is getting primed for NASCAR..

http://www.autoweek.com/specials/2003_newyork/

The new Solara on the bottom looks a lot like a smoothed out Monte Carlo.

Saw my first 04 GP on the road today. A gray GT, very nice.
  • ruskiruski Posts: 1,566
    from the back it looks like Tiburon!
    The sculpted rear panels look very Monte Carlo but the rear does look a little Hyundia.

Too bad there is no GP coupe anymore. Wonder what it would have looked like.
  • evandroevandro Posts: 1,108
    What the freak did they do the 300??? That's an eyesore!!! :-P
  • vcjumpervcjumper Posts: 1,110
    looks a lot like their convertible.

New TL looks surprisingly modern/not overly conservative.
  • Lot's of cars getting hit with the ugly stick!!!
    At least the 300 is distinctive.
    It never fails to amaze me how Japanese cars always come out at the same time with the same design cues. The front of the 2004 Galant has basically the same design elements and layout as the Maxima. Even the roof is similar. Even the new Sienna has that chunk in the middle of the grille now. Do the designers call each other?
    What happened with the Diamante!!! They stuck the nose from an old Pontiac on it?

Hey... wait...is this the Grand Prix board?
    The new one is very attractive....and no one will flame me for that. ...and it comes in metallic orange!