Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1968 Chevelle Concours Sport Coupe...mystery Chevy

• I currently own a 68 concours 2 dr hardtop with black leather bench seats and roll Windows. Back windows roll backward and down.....very cool. Had it since I was 15 yrs old, am now 34. Looking to possibly sell to buy a home.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 53,032
    Old Cars Price Guide suggests a 5% premium for the Concours package. so I guess you'd price it pretty much like a Malibu 307 and then add a little.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• uplanderguyuplanderguy Kent, OHPosts: 8,848
    edited October 25
    To answer an earlier question here, it had the regular Chevelle dash, but with a woodgrain strip over the glovebox, and a 'fleur de lis' emblem on the steering wheel. Some had the Olds Cutlass Supreme seat and door panels; other, the Buick Skylark Custom's.

The Concours Sport Sedan is rare but not ridiculous; the coupes are nearly ridiculous to find and as I've noted, there is not a shred of factory documentation on the coupes in the way of brochures I have ever seen--and I've actively looked. The Concours Sport Sedan is in all the Chevelle literature that year.
    edited October 25
    Funny, the coupe has a completely--and I mean completely--different seat trim than the Sport Sedan. I have heard and read, although not sure how reliable, that an upholstery plant fire which made Malibu seat trim resulted in these Concours coupes being a stop-gap thing using Olds and Buick seat and door trim. It does seem odd, otherwise, that such an obvious, highly-visible borrowing from other divisions would've happened at Chevy. I'd love to see a dealer sales bulletin mentioning the availability of the Concours coupe...there has to have been one.
  • sdasda Indian Land, SCPosts: 1,104
    That is Buick Skylark upholstery in this Concours, correct?

2010 Pilot EXL-RES, 2013 Accord EX

Yes, same year Buick Skylark Custom.