Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Envoy Denali XL Gas Gauge and Oil Pump Problems

Comments

• If we can get a service request going for you, please contact us via email with more information, including: your name/Edmunds username, contact information (phone and address please), the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

In the meantime, I am documenting this thread with the frequently surfacing gas gauge concerns.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • there is a recall for the problem you state with the fuel gauge, but they will only pay half of the repair cost....
  • timbo65timbo65 Posts: 22
    thanks kawhi,
    mine is not the gas gauge its the speedo, and sometimes oil pressure.. i would be happy with GM paying half !! i see a GM rep name "sarah" on here sometimes, would love speak with or e-mail with her and see if there is anything GM will help out with. love my truck, but without any relief from the factory, i will be shopping toyota or nissan... and i really never buy foreign ANYTHING if i can get U.S. made.... its very aggravating....
  • Mine is the oil pressure gauge also. My fuel sensor already went out so that was replaced. So at the request of GM I took my car to the dealership for diagnostics. I paid for the diagnostic and they told me the oil sensor is bad but GM will not cover it. (even though this is a known problem). Also, they told me I had a leak in the water pump and wanted over 700 bucks to fix it. I took the car to my regular mechanic and lo and behold no water pump leak. So right now I don't have much faith in GM or the dealership. I also had the sound or air leaking. As murphy's law would have it, when I took it in it wasnt making the sound. They never even checked it out just said they couldn't hear anything. GM also never addressed my question about my throttle body being replaced and also the ignition starter. All issues that have been known problems and should notl go bad. Will not be buying another GM product anytime soon. :(
  • My dear friend is having the same issue with her piece of crap - I told her not to buy a GM - Envoy. Gas gauge shows its on E even after she fills up. It chugs and bucks and stalls and has left her stranded a few times.

Shes having some awful life struggles right now so my husband and I have been helping her and her kids along the way. This car is her only vehicle and now its going to cost her $600 to have the fuel sending unit (fuel sensor) and an oxygen sensor replaced. Thats $600 that she doesnt have. Thats actually $600 that we dont have either to help her.

WTF GM??
  • Good morning,
    I am not sure if you already have or not (a fellow Customer Service Representative, Christina, answers incoming emails from Edmunds), but we would be happy to look into your situation and get a Service Request set up. The email in my profile will forward to our database, and you will get a response from an "@gm.com" address.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    thank you SARAH,

it made my morning knowing someone knows what i'm going thru !!!
    i will use the link you provided to GM, and thank you so much....

respect,
    tim
  • I would like to happily report that after calling GM and getting a GM dealership to confirm that is was indeed part of the recall and the fuel sending unit - it only cost $147 to have it replaced with labor and taxes! The only bad part is that it also needed an oxygen sensor which then cost an additional $200 just to replace.

Easy and no hassles whatsoever. Im glad we could pay for this repair for our friend.
    hey gweller,
    thats great news !!! i also had a GM rep on here put me incontact
    with a corporate service person. he has me dropping my truck off friday
    so it can be documented as to why these are failing... i hope i do as well
    as you !! i also dont mind helping out a bit on the bill as you did, just to
    have my truck [which i love] back to being reliable.... again congrats
    on your "victory" of a sorts..... enjoy, and respect !!!!
    TIM
  • I admire your generosity and kindness, gweller! I'm glad that this was able to be resolved without hassle. If in the future we can be of assistance, we're available!
    Take care,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Hello, Just had my fuel sensor replaced at dealer, used the GMC 50% letter I received. Quite Frankly I am very upset with GMC they would not cover this repair completely on a 6 year old vehicle. The part cannot be replaced by the consumer. GMC you should be ashamed (BAILOUT) I was forced to pay $170.00 for this service. No more buying GMC for me!!!!!
  • Good morning,
    If you were to send us an email with more information (including your name/Edmunds username, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and involved dealership), we would be happy to look into this further with you to see if there are any options available.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • ryan74ryan74 Posts: 2
    I own a 2005 GMC ENVOY with 78,000 miles on it.My wife has a kept up with having the oil changed every 3,000 miles faithfully as well as any time she thinks something could be wrong.Once she took it to the dealership after hearing a rattling sound she thought was the motor ,come to find out it was just a screw loose on the muffler extension.Now the LOW OIL PRESSURE then STOP ENGINE flashes and oil gauge goes to 0.I had the oil pressure sensor replaced by a shop and like 2 days later this happened again.The oil is fine and never any noise with engine either time.I can not believe this is happening to a car with less than 80,000 miles on it.I called GMC to see if their was a recall and they told me if it was the gas gauge going to empty they would pay 50/50.HOW DARE YOU GMC AND THE MONEY THEY GOT FROM US TAXPAYERS (BAILOUT) Does anyone know how to start up a class action lawsuit to get this problem fixed?It's a shame for as much money as this car cost,the age,and the mileage it has problems like this in so many cases all over the country.
  • Please let me know if there is a class action suit. My 2005 Envoy is doing the same thing!
  • I have a 2006 Envoy with the same issues. I first had to replace the fuel sending unit in the gas tank as my wife ran out of gas a couple times because of this issue. I now have a low oil pressure message that pops up while driving and then goes back and forth. I had the oil sending unit changed hoping to resolve this issue but it did not. I see this is a well known issues and most people with this vehicle are having the same problems. If anyone can help, give ideas of what problems I may be looking at or have a GM #,person,recall information please help me out. Lifters on the vehicle started tapping oil of the blue while driving and I had to get the car towed home as I did not want to risk driving it. I started the vehicle trying to see where the sound was coming from exactly but it stopped and the short burst of smoke was no more. GM seems to not want to address this issue with any of these vehicles at there cost!
  • ryan74ryan74 Posts: 2
    I will let you know if I hear anything and I hope someone on here will be able to help us.
  • Ryan74,
    I can understand your frustration; can we look into this further for you? Please send us an email with more information (your name/Edmunds username, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership) and my coworker Christina will further advise you.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Sarah and Ryan
    GM will not do a thing for the oil gauge issue. I just had the diagnostics run (that GM required) at a cost of 50 bucks, to tell me there is a problem with my oil gauge sensor but so sorry it is not covered and we will not fix it.

Same dealer also told me I had a water pump leak and it would cost over 700 bucks to fix it. Took the car to my mechanic and I do not have a water pump leak and there is nothing wrong with my water pump.
  • moosedb1,
    Have you already visited your dealership on this concern? If we can be of assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch via email (be sure to include the last 8 digits of your VIN).
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • kamiekamie Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 envoy with 79000 miles on it and I have the same issue with the fuel gauge. I think it should have been recalled and replaced completely. Please let me know if you are aware of any suits against gm for this. Thank you.
  • Sarah, I was told by GMC i need an engine and they will charge $4-$5K for the engine. No warranty GM will not cover and this seems to be a flaw in this engine. Bringing in they would only do pressure test but the engine need to be replaced from the issues I have
  • If this is something you would like for us to look into further with you, we'd be happy to open up a Service Request! Please email us more information (include your name/Edmunds username, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership).
    Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • kpickkpick Posts: 1
    just bought a 05 denali xl a month ago & the oil pressure gauge started acting up by dropping to 0 and now is just pegged at max took it to the dealer for a alignment and to look at the oil pressure issue and they tell me i need a whole new instrument panel and it's going to cost 500$ oh and the kicker is they say my extended warranty they just sold me wasn't going to cover it has anybody had this problem master tech warranty is anybody familiar with this warranty
  • While I don't have information on the Master Tech warranty, if we can look into the situation at the dealership please get in touch via email with more information (please include the last 8 digits of your VIN and involved dealership).
    Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Hi I have an 07 Envoy Denali and I have a problem with my engine light being on. Took it to get a diagnostic check and the Throttle position sensor needs to be replaced. I have replaced my altenator and battery in 2010. Now my bags that lifts the truck struggle and does not work on a daily basis, my lights may not come on and the oil gauge light is on (and also dropped down to zero). Two years ago i replace the motor that controls the window that cost me around $500 bucks. If all these problems are common why haven't they did a recall on them. I mean is this why they don't make them anymore. I am strugglng what can I do, Its not in warranty and it seems like the motherboard going bad. What are my options?
    Please let me know...
  • Good morning,
    If you would like to explore any available options through Customer Service, we can get a Service Request set up for you. Please send us an email with more information (include your name/Edmunds user name, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership) and my coworker Christina will advise you from that point.
    Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • sorry to tell you this KISHIA1, but, you'll get no help from GM on any of your problems... we taxpayers bailed out GM because they could'nt keep themselves afloat. now when something like ALL these gauge problems arise, [many thousands, said the service writer himself] and they should do a recall, they say "oh sorry thats not covered" if it was TOYOTA they would fix EVERY single one as they have shown in the last recall.. i'm done with GM i own a perfect, garage kept ENVOY with low milage and they would'nt even split the cost with me on they're under engeneered parts..... been a GMC man all my life, was ordering a caddy CTS this spring.... FORGET THAT, hyundai has a sport coupe out that will kick the pants off the caddy.... so who loses????
  • I am on number three Fuel Sending Unit. I complained to GM over the phone and emails to no answer. I am a true believer in buying American made products until now. I get a letter in the mail from a GM dealer saying they know that there is a huge problem with the sending unit and that they will pay half. Half? You put a crap piece on an overly expensive car and you will only pay half. I recently bought a Toyota Solara and it is awesome. Thank you Toyota and thanks for nothing GM! Trying to sell the Envoy :mad:
  • Here is the problem. We shouldn't have to waste our time with a lawsuit. Look what Toyota and Honda did; they replaced their issues and didn't run away from them!
  • When you called, were you assigned a case number? We could look into what is going on with it, if you like. Please send it to us via email and we'll see what we can find.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service