Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Envoy Denali XL Gas Gauge and Oil Pump Problems

Comments

• If any one has the same complaint. Please contact me and send me your contact information to make GMC pay us for the trouble! My GMC Has only 46,000 miles and the cluster in the dash sending unit in the tank and the fan clutch went out at on 46,000 miles! Please lets get this going contact me!
  • moosedb1moosedb1 Posts: 11
    I am with you. If there is a suit i am all in. I had bad fuel sending unit, and the topper was i had to replace the Engine 114k well maintained vehicle
  • moosedb1moosedb1 Posts: 11
    Rachel, i am ready to make these GM crooks pay. Let's try to. Make it happen
  • rachelnjrachelnj Posts: 2
    I'm all in. Let me know how you would like for me to contact you.
  • julien61julien61 Posts: 5
    I'm ready also. I own a 2005 Envoy. I've had a gas guage repaired. Now, I'm suffering with the oil senosr issues. I've also had the issue with the fan clutch at about 40,000 miles!
  • envoy05envoy05 Posts: 4
    edited April 2012
    I also have the same problem as you julien61, with my 2005 Envoy XL. I have seen a lot of posts about just call your dealer and they will split the cost with you or it will cost $150 to replace. Called Todd Wenzel GMC and he said $450 just for the fuel sending unit. So I am all about recovering my costs.
  • ugmikeugmike Posts: 1
    I am the original owner of a 2007 Envoy. I think the fuel guage went about 20 months and 50K miles ago. I currently have 145K on it and finally need to have the fuel gauge fixed since I need to pass emissions for a plate renewal. Can't get the check engine light off without fixing the fuel gauge. Maybe more is wrong there too. No help or feedback from the dealer other than pay me, pay me, pay me... Don't recall ever getting a letter about an offer for GM to pay half - not that a cowardly offer like that is sufficient to a major issue. But now even if I had such a letter I understand there were mileage limitations. The tire pressure light goes on and off whenever wet. Plus like others the front speakers work on occassion. Add me to the list of those having "fun".
  • my fuel gage recently stopped working , my master fuse blew the other day, the tire pressure lights go on and off whenever they want, after reading all these posts i am not looking forward to other things going wrong but it seems like they are unavoidable....great
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    joevegas7,

I'm sorry that the gauges are having some difficulties on your vehicle; have any of these issues been looked into as of yet?

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I had 2006 GMC Envoy which is giving inaccurate gas level readings. This is known problem with GM SUVs from 2005 -2007. the NHTSA has gotten 668 complaints. GM agrees to pay 1/2 the fee to fix it. My half was $194. The dealer stated they will not paid 100% because it is not a safety issue. I told them -"Try running out of gas on the entry ramp to the George Washington Bridge and see how safe it is". GM should recall theese vehicles and fix them
    edmunds42,

I'm glad to hear that you have gotten 50% of the repair costs covered. How is your vehicle running after the work was finished?

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • i do not have the time to take it to a dealership, i had my mechanic look at it and i demmed it not worth paying for, when i have the time to go to a dealership and deal with the hassles of going to a dealership i will get it done if they pay half
    Good morning joevegas7,

I certainly understand time constraint. Keep us posted if and when you decide to go in.

Take care,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • lizstllizstl Posts: 1
    hi i have 2004 envoy having problems.....oil pressure low stop engine check gages now it wont turn on where can i get help
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,881
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

Thanks!

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• ladyt2004aladyt2004a Posts: 2
    I am also having the same problem, I have a 2007 gmc envoy xl and my gas gauge went out. I understand that gmc is doing a 50/50 split on getting this repaired is this correct is it possiblo? What can I do to get this repaired? I am a single mother on a budgeted income.
  • julien61julien61 Posts: 5
    Bring your vehicle to a GM dealership & they will honor the 50/50 split on the gas guage repair. It cost me about $191 for the gas guage repair. Hopefully, you won't experience the oil guage problem. :lemon:
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    ladyt2004a,
    Thank you for taking the time to post your question and concerns. If you would email me your VIN and current mileage to SocialMedia@GM.com I would be happy to verify that for you. I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • tenvoytenvoy Posts: 1
    2006 Envoy
    Have had the same problems for 3 weeks with my Envoy. Took in to have part replaced today. I also had to pay 1/2 for the repairs and I am furious!! After reading numerous customer complaints for the same issue same vehicle I feel GM should be responsible for the total repair/replacement to my vehicle and I will be contacting GM directly with my complaint! If I do not get any results with GM I will be making my complaint known to ANY media organization that will listen as I feel we as consumers are truly being taken advantage of by General Motors!!!
  • EVERY ONE OF YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! I HAVE LOW MILES AND EVERY THING WENT OUT. IT COST ME $ 2000.00 FOR REPAIR. 48,000 MILES FOR A GMC AND IT TO DO THIS IS NOT A GOOD COMPANY FOR ALL OF US TO PAY! I AM PISSED AND WE ALL SHOULD GET TOGETHER AND GET A LAWYER AND GET GMC TO PAY US BACK FOR THE LEMON THEY SOLD US!!!!! IF ANY ONE WHANTS TO DO THIS SEND ME YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION AND WE WILL GO FOR IT!!!