Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Galant

Comments

• About a month ago. Twice I did rate my car coz am so disappointed the one who rate this car as over-rated at 2.5 score!!!!!
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Maybe it wasn't complete enough or something. Email me approximately what you wrote in your review and I'll let you know if there's a problem - Pat AT edmunds.com - we'll straighten it out.
  • melliomellio Posts: 1
    My 2000 Galant ES is sitting in a shop right now, having the "torque converter" replaced, an "electric lock up solenoid" replaced (?) and a "general transmission overhaul" (there was "metal in the pan"): my quote for all this is the princely sum of 2138.30 (w/tax, parts, labor, and 1yr/12,000 mile warranty included). Apparently, a couple of the parts can only be had from Mitsubishi, which supposedly explains the high price.

I love my Galant, it's the best car I've ever owned. I bought it new, and I've taken really good care of it. Mechanic says the only other thing wrong with it is that it needs a new paint job (ah, Florida summers--it was black, once!). I'm fairly comfortable with the mechanic, but I'm blown away by the price. Is two grand too much to be paying for this type of repair? Thanks in advance!
  • Looking to buy 2nd car for easy commute to work, with good gas mileage. Initially located a 93 Civic with 176K miles, However also at same dealer found a 97 Galant with 96K miles on it. They are same price?? Both are clean on inside and outside seem to be well maintained. Trying to figure out why the dealer showed me the Galant when I specifically wanted to see the Civic, however now I am considering the Galant. Logically the Galant would be the better buy or is Honda's reputation worth sticking with?
  • Looking to buy 2nd car for easy commute to work, with good gas mileage. Initially located a 93 Civic with 176K miles, However also at same dealer found a 97 Galant with 96K miles on it. They are same price?? Both are clean on inside and outside seem to be well maintained. Trying to figure out why the dealer showed me the Galant when I specifically wanted to see the Civic, however now I am considering the Galant. Logically the Galant would be the better buy or is Honda's reputation worth sticking with?
  • jflorjflor Posts: 20
    Mitsubishi just announced that one of these concepts will be shown in next month's Tokyo Auto Show. Could this be the basis for the new Galant?

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=122534
  • Mitsubishi is giving the current Galant a re-skin for the 2009 model year. The Concept ZT is more likely the full redesign (i.e. 10th generation Galant) rumored to occur for the 2011 model year. I feel that's too long to wait for such a beautiful design. :cry:
  • I could be 110% off on this but when I saw the concept ZT picture the other day and read there was speculation it could be the next generation Galant, I thought to myself how non-concept like it appeared. That is, it looks like a normal vehicle that you might see on the road today. Most concept show cars usually have some pretty blatant exaggerated aspects to them. All glass roofs, bulging fenders, 22 inch tires etc..etc.. The ZT looks like a finished design doesn't it? There doesn't appear to be anything that needs to be "toned down" for the general population.

I would suggest that showing a concept so agreeable to the customer base at 2007 - 2008 auto shows might mean it could realistically be ramped up for production by 2009 - 2010? Isn't is a fact that most concept cars are either not built at all...or put into production within 1 or 2 years after they are displayed.

Of course this could be wishful thinking on my part.
  • I'm about ready to replace the tires on my 2004 LS Galant - p215/60R16. I was looking at Sumitomo H4, but was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. Thanks
  • i'm trying to find out what size monitors can go into a 06 galant se headrest, if any body knows please help me out
  • How much do you think a ralliart galant with navigation would lease for? 36 mos, 12kmiles, zero down?
  • I have a 2005 Galand LS with 30k on the clock. The dash board has a crack in the trim next to the radio. I brough the car to Smithtown Mitsu , they took a picture of the crack and sent it to the zone rep. That was 5 weeks ago and no reply. I have called the dealer and they tell me " We have left a message on his voice mail".
    Any ideas on what my next step should be? Who on the ladder can I call next? The dealer aparently can do nothing for me.
  • mack9mack9 Posts: 15
    The 2009 Mitsubishi Galant will NOT in fact be redesigned. Instead it will be refreshed again with new machine-finished alloy wheels for the Ralliart version, new front grille with the spilt theme eliminated, new redesigned sporty lower intake, new hood and bumper theme and slightly modified exterior headlight housings.

This means the planned redesign may be pushed to an extra two years, till 2010/2011 or at least a few years away from now.
  • fushigifushigi Posts: 1,217
    That's bad news. I've a '99 LS that has served me very well for 134K miles (and counting) and I would easily consider a new Galant to replace it. However, I really don't care for the current styling and wouldn't buy the current model. That the V6 still requires Premium doesn't help either.

While I like my Galant a lot, after nearly 9 solid years of ownership I am tiring of it. It is the longest I've ever owned a car. I'm not sure if I can go another couple of years before replacing it.
  • psychogunpsychogun Posts: 120
    For those who want an early look at the slight re-skin the Galant is receiving for the 2009 model year, please click below:

http://www.thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60461

It's not much of a change... Also, it is expected that the mechanicals are virtually identical to the current car.

So yes, we will likely have to wait until 2010 for the redesigned 10th generation Galant.
  • Hi did you get anywhere with the galant heater module? I have the same issue. :confuse:
  • Question:

Owners manual recommends that the timing belt on this Galant be replaced at 60k miles. What are your experiences? Do you guys think I can take chances up-till 90K (as it is recommended on Toyota Camry)? And what other things should be done along with the timing belt?

Thanks in advance
  • 1racefan1racefan Posts: 932
    I wouldn't push it to 90K, but that's just me.

You should replace the water pump along with the timing belt. You should also replace any drive belts (these are belts that your car has in addition to the timing belt). The reason for replacing the drive belts is because they have to be removed anyways to access the timing belt. So, by having these replaced, tell the mechanic that you are willing to pay for the new drive belts themselves, but not for additional labor, as he would have to remove, and re install the old belts anyways.
  • I have a 2002 galant as of the other day the heat stopped working, however the blower still works but is only blowing cold air.

Does anyone know what the problem could be or have you ever had this issue?
  • DID you get anywhere i have the same issue as well???