Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Galant

Comments

• I feel vibration when I start the engine. The car is 120K, 2000 2.4L. Its like the steering wheel, dash and passenger seat vibrate about 0.5 inches. Any ideas?
  • fushigifushigi Posts: 1,232
    I'm by no means a mechanic but I'd start with the motor mounts.

Does the vibration smooth out or at least diminish when you drive v. being at idle?

(I'm at 146K on my '99 LS V6)
  • Yes the vibration reduces when driving. I got the wheels balanced yesterday.
  • I think fushigi is right. Each engine mount is surrounded by a bushing that absorbs the engine vibration. Eventually, those bushings deteriorate and the vibrations appear. It's a common occurance for inline 4 cylinders with more than 100k on the odometer. The cost of replacing them usually isn't worth having it done. I've been down this road before as well. But, it won't hurt to ask a mechanic.
  • Mike - any idea how much it might cost to get them replaced?
  • I have no idea of the cost. I just know that labor is the killer. Try searching this site for an answer mitsubishi-forums.com
    Good luck. Sorry for the delayed response.

Mike
  • Does any one know if there is a difference between the 2 models? I am trading in my 2005 GTS lease (love the car) and am purchasing the 09 SE V6 with sun/sound package. I'm not sure if there is a difference as they are no longer making the GTS version.
  • mikevegas06mikevegas06 Posts: 272
    You're correct. There's no difference as the SEV6 replaces the GTS.
  • There are both different, they are both different years, and most likely others as well !!! :shades:
  • I've compared the two here...seems like there are little differences - the engine is the same but no blue panel lights or the lovely taillights. It is basically the same interior. How i will miss my lovely gray color and my GTS tail lights. I hate that change but i am gaining the sat radio and the ipod adapter already installed. Lord, how i love that GTS... How can i feel sad about getting a new car?? LOl :confuse:
  • I just picked up my 09 galant it came with an ipod adapter installed. How in the heck do i work it? :confuse:
  • ryha32ryha32 Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 Galant and whenever my car is in park the hot cold needle goes from in between to hot while the fan blows. Any suggestions?
  • the_guythe_guy Posts: 17
    Bad temp sensor
  • ipoole1ipoole1 Posts: 6
    Does anyone own a 2004 Galant ES that can tell me how this car runs
  • My car stalled on me two weeks ago and will not start, so I changed the fuel pump because I couldn't hear the pump pressurizing the system when I turned the ignition to the on position. I still don't hear the pump pressurizing even with the new fuel pump in it but when I crank the engine the pump does push fuel to the engine. I'm starting to wonder if there is a problem with my fuel pressure regulator valve being stuck open and not maintaining enough pressure in the system to allow the injectors to operate properly. Does anybody have any idea's what it could be or have you had the same problem and got it fixed?
  • Yeah I did figure out what the rattling noise was, underneath the dashboard on the passenger side of the middle console there are a supply and return line running to the heater core that provides the radiant heat for your heater. The supply line is controlled by a control valve which is operated by a little electric motor, when that motor burns out with the control valve closed there is no hot radiator fluid passing through the heater core to heat up the air. And usually the rattling noise in the dash is the motor giving out. I took out the motor and opened the valve and had a hot car all winter but the motor is very expensive to replace, hope it helps and sorry it's taken so long to respond.
  • bschickbschick Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2008 Galant ES with 33k miles and have a few questions. The transmission fluid looks light brown more than pink or red and does not seem to have that strong transmission fluid smell. Is this normal? I only received one key with the car. How much should I pay for a new one? Finally, there seems to be a lot of wind noise above 60. You can actually feel air coming through above the passenger side speaker on the dash.

Thanks for whatever you can tell me.
  • jsabia85jsabia85 Posts: 2
    I am having an electrical issue with my 2002 Mitsubishi Galant. A few weeks ago the fuse for my radio blew. This particular fuse controls my radio, overhead light, door locks and also hold the Odometers trip information. The door locks only work when they car is on. But unfortunately when I replace the fuse, it keeps blowing. 2 weeks ago, I completely disconnected almost everything I can think of one by one. As soon as I disconnected something I would pop a fuse in to see if it would blow or not.

I disconnected my radio, overhead lights, tail lights, door harnesses, amplifier and also my alarm. I popped a fuse in and it continued to blow. I decides to completely disconnect the battery and the ECU for about 5 minutes and then I put a fuse in and it DID NOT blow. SO i started connecting everything back 1 by 1 and it didnt blow. SO finally everything was good until today, the fuse blew again and continues to blow.

This time when I got home, I disconnected the battery, ecu and plugged in another fuse, reconnected everything and it still blew. Then I disconnected the door harnesses and put in another fuse and it didnt blow. Connected the passenger side, didnt blow, then i connected the drivers side and that when it blew. But i tested again by disconnecting the drivers side harness, put another fuse in and it blew. SO i have no clue where the short is coming from.

Does anybody have any ideas on where the problem can be?
  • kreemyekreemye Posts: 1
    I had the same problem with my 2001 ....my a/c's condensor leak valve was clogged with leaves.
  • Hi all,
    I am in need of help. I am sad to have to say goodbye to my 2008 Mitsubishi Galant Ralliart (fully loaded-nav and all), however I have been diagnosed with an illness and am unable to keep the car due to being out of work. I loved owning this car every minute and love driving it more than any other car I have ever driven, not to mention it's fun to watch heads turn when it is spiffy and shining. I bought the car in Oct 2007 and it has the low low mileage of 18,800. I am simply looking to sell my car for what is left on the loan ($18,900). I have babied my car and hope the person who buys it enjoys and loves it as much as I have. I don't know if anyone can offer me some advice on the best way to do this, but thought I would ask my fellow Mitsu lovers for their help first. Thanks for any advice you can give me. Broken Hearted in NY">