Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Outback steering wheel shaking and hesitation

1234568»

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Boy, do I feel validated. Consumer Reports was right:

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/17/chrysler-fixes-grand-cherokee-handling-issue-- identified-by-co/

I brought this up, the response was:

If you get your car info from Consumer Reports you are in worse shape than the badly designed Outback.

I think you owe me (and a certain magazine) an apology...

Chrysler reprogrammed the stability control, just as I predicted they would.

Did I call it or what? :shades:
  • dlanningdlanning Posts: 8
    sounds like the fornt end is toed in to much i see this on a 1989 subaru xt . the factory call for 1/2 toe inward and i set it to 1/16th and wow it made the isue go away
  • zeak62zeak62 Posts: 1
    I just trade in my 2009 Subaru Gt Limited, and loaded. With 66,000 miles on it, I bought a new Subaru 2.5 i,for only $6,500. trade. Point I am making is This is my 4 th Subaru, and one think (I think I know) is Subaru's are a great safe, safe care. I now get 31.5 mpg overall driving for 6600 miles. I have no problem of shaking. Check your tires and balance, etc. Subaru is a great car company. Yes Acura is a much higher quality car. You must compare "apples to apples"

P.S. This is great car, great miles per gallon (with CVT). And a great warranty. with road side assist.
  • I have a 2011 OB--bought new last fall and have been experiencing a low level vibration/buzz in the steering wheel. The "buzz" was first noticeable as I approached 20mph..then it would cease and not be noticeable as the speed increased. Now it happens at 20mph and again near 40 mph. I have not had any highway speed vibrations (18K on the car) but driving around town it seems to be becoming more noticeable. I took it to a dealer to get the problem on record and was told they couldn't duplicate the problem so they didn't have any answers. They did say it sounded like the VRT and that it was just shifting normally. They did say to "bring it back" if I want to and they will test drive it with me--which they should have done while I sat waiting 1 1/2 hours for it.

This is my 7th Subaru and I am still loyal but this problem could be a deal breaker if Subaru doesn't address it. I may have to try a different dealer--I know a dealer that has never been anything but the best with me but they are 4 hours away. I am going to call them and see what they say. If I have to waste a whole day and 8 hours on the road to travel there I will not be a happy customer.

Has anyone else had this issue with their OB? I have two friends with new OBs (2011 and 2012) and I am going to drive theirs to see if they have anything similar.
1234568»