Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Kia Forte

2»

Comments

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,699
    thanks for that explanation. Sounds like Kia has fixed the problem for all of you all, then.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• steven39steven39 Posts: 636
    hi folks,i have a 2010 kia forte koup sx and today i noticed that after washing my car that there was water dripping all over the passenger window where the speaker sits.all windows were closed shut while i was washing car.dealer can't figure it out.but the water is leaking in regardless.anyone else experiencing this problem??
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 791
    I've driven both a Forte EX with the 4-speed automatic transmission and the SX model with the 5-speed automatic. Both were great cars and the EX was actually the more pleasant highway car with a slightly softer ride and less road noise than the SX. The EX's only real flaw is the 4-speed automatic tranny! It was reluctant to downshift at highway speeds and when it finally did so, it was much more abrupt than I would have liked. The 5-speed auto in the SX responded much faster and downshifts were just as smooth as upshifts...of course, the added power of the 2.4L reduced the need for downshifts in most situations.

I would be very interested to see how the 5-speed automatic and 2.0L engine perform together, but that combination is only available in the EX with the "Fuel Economy Package". In addition to the 2mpg increase in city and hwy mileage, acceleration should be a bit better also- going faster and using less fuel sounds like a win-win setup to me! Hopefully the 5-speed auto would perform as smoothly in this application as it does in the SX model.

But I have never seen a Forte EX with the Fuel Economy Package on any dealer's lot. I've spoken with sales managers at three different dealerships and they've never seen one either. Have they actually made any of these or are do they only exist on paper???
  • conwelpicconwelpic Ontario, CanadaPosts: 600
    edited August 2010
    I have read that when the 5-door Forte arrives it will have the new 6 spd auto in it.
  • hmownerhmowner Posts: 23
    For future Forte SX buyers:

Great Car for the money, but few things to know before you buy (I would, however, still buy the same car ):

- There's a "deadspot" on the accelerator which you may want to fix. check this forum or other Kia forum for "best throttle mod". Without it, the manual is so difficult to drive.

- When turning fast over a rough patch of road, the rear side of the car will skip.

- The steering wheel does not feel solid and responsive when driving at highway speed (when compared to honda). There's a bit of dead spot on the center.

- manual shift is not so smooth as compared to other cars (like Honda). 2nd gear and sometimes 5th gear goes in a bit rough. Dealer says it's normal - i.e. other Fortes has the same symptom)

- gear ratio between 2nd and 3rd gear is too great. 3rd gear feels "too tall".

- Weak air conditioner or lack or roof insulation causes the car to feel warm/hot during very humid and hot (90+ degrees) weather, even with the fan blowing at full.

- 17 inch low profile tire is NOT a good choice if you often drive on rough pavement. Car bangs around a lot You will feel every imperfection on the road. One way to mitigate is to keep the tire pressure at 31 - 32 psi.

- Great highway mileage ( 38 mpg when going at 65 mph, and about 32 mpg@ 80mph), but terrible city mileage ( about 20-21 mpg). When passing at highway speed, you will definitely want to down shift to 5th or 4th gear.

- Engine has "ticking sound" which the dealer and KIA says is normal, but I don't particularly like it

- Engine oil burn - it stops around 6,000 miles.

- The seats are bit firm and seems to about an inch narrower and/or shorter than other cars. It's a bit uncomfortable on long trips

- Blue tooth. Often, you have to pair the phone again as it stops from connecting automatically or stops from automatically downloading the phone book. You cannot talk with windows open... Too much background noise.

- Front bumper and front portion of the hood will chip easily. Check every week and use touch up paint to cover up noticeable damage (BTW, use a thin brush or tooth pick to apply the paint. Do NOT use the paint "PEN" which leave noticeable and ugly application marks)

- The inside of the engine will start to rust - especially the pure iron parts - during humid weather.

- Inside the engine compartment, certain black tape around wires would start to come loose. Just clip it.

- Sound. speed dependent volume control doesn't seem to always work.

- Ealge LS2 tires are VERY noisy on concrete highways. I started noticing the noise after about 4,000 wear on the tires.

- Stones/rocks hitting the rear tire wall sounds VERY loud.

- head light by itself doesn't seem to illuminate the road well. The fog light helps. BTW, the factory setting on low beam is too high and you probably will need to re-adjust.
    some very good points, have you considered forwarding these onto both KIA US and KIA Motors and also Kia Buzz as I'm sure they would be interested in getting feedback from an owner.
    hello,i have a 2010 kia forte koup sx with auto trans.the only issue i have had from the ones you have mentioned here is the bluetooth sometimes not connecting automatcly.yes this does happen to me on occasion as well for unknown reasons.but it does work and you do have to have the windows closed in order to be heard from the bluetooth system.as far as the a/c goes mine works very well down here in the south fla heat and iv'e actually had to turn it down a few notches because it got to cold..maybe the sedan forte sx has more issues than the koup version but i have had my car since march of this year and it's been pretty good overall.
  • rrbhokiesrrbhokies Posts: 108
    Has anyone else experienced the following "anomolies" that our EX Koup has experienced in the first week since owning it?

1. Twice, when turning off the car and removing the key from the ignition, the radio will continue to play for a few seconds, sometimes up to 10 seconds, but then will turn off.

2. Once, after exiting the car, the rear tail lights were still on. The car was off and the keys were removed and the car had been locked. Noticed it while inside at a 7-11 gas station. We have the auto-headlights enable, but the headlights themselves were turned off. It was only the rear tail lights that were still lit.

Otherwise, love the car!!
    i have the forte koup sx and have not experienced the issues that you are describing here.you could possibly have some electrical issues with the car.even though it's brand new sometimes these things happen due to defects from the factory.but that's what new car warranty's are for.bring it back to the dealer and let them diagnose the problem.
  • Guess what Forte Koup lovers?
    2010 will see Kia Canada continuing to Drive Change by entering the Motorsports arena.
    Kia has a spicy red Forte Koup SX in the 2010 Targa Newfoundland. The Forte Koup is driving for Team Wishful Thinking and hopes to raise $100,000 for Children's Wish Foundation.

Check out kiacanada(dot)ca/targa- and on on Twitter (at)kiadrivechange or Kia Canada on Facebook. Details on the Forte Koup can be found at kiacanada.ca/targa.

Drive Change!
    Gigi
  • Have you had any resolution yet? I have the same car and when it rains (which is frequently) the driver side seatbelt gets soaked... The dealer has supposedly fixed it twice, but it's back in the shop today.
  • the dealer did a water leak test a few weeks ago and could not duplicate the leak that i told them i had..problem is that it only happens when water is comeing in sideways like when it's very rainey and windy and not when it's comeing straight down.might be something that i'll just have to live with unless it gets worse...
  • Should be easy to duplicate in a car wash....if there's one at or near the dealership, you could just have him go with you to it.

Or what about a simple hose? It's not that hard to duplicate water coming in at an angle.
  • your right,when they did the water leak test they probably just filled a cup of water and just poured it over the window rather than do a more thorough leak test.anyway,did they discover why your seat-belt was getting soaked on the driver side when it rained???
  • mihmih Posts: 10
    What is that light near speedmeter that turns on and off while I am driving ?
    I asked the dealer and he said that the car is running in efficient mode .. something like it.
    I test drove the car at night, and it was a bit annoying to see that turning on and off...
    Does everyone notice this light ? not annoying at all ? or any option to turn that off ??
    Thanks
    sounds like the Ecominder indicator, see page 4-53 in your manual for operation.
  • I've seen the tail light issue on the 2011 optima as well. Must be by design. But I'm not sure what purpose it serves other than drain the battery some.
  • elvin75elvin75 Posts: 1
    I didn't find anywhere in the manual on how to manually input and save numbers in the phonebook. I really wanted to do it by voice, but unsuccesful. How did you get the numbers to save manually ? Thanks
  • jimpimmsjimpimms Posts: 81
    There's a brochure available at your dealership, or online at Kia's website [http://www.kia.com/#/bluetooth/ -- click on View Printable BLUETOOTH Wireless Technology Manual (541kb)]. It allows you to print it. If you have a small but indispensable program called pdf24, you can print it directly to a .pdf file. If you have any problems getting a copy, shoot me an email with "Kia Bluetooth Manual" in the subject line, and I'll send you the .pdf.
  • jhanyohojhanyoho los angelesPosts: 1

I've had my Kia Forte 2010 for a little 4 years now and although I wouldn't complain about the car itself, I've had horrible experiences at the dealership. It makes me dislike my car...

A few issues I've found with my car:

The TPM light ALWAYS comes if I've driven for longer than 1.5-2 hours straight. It freaked me out the first several times because it was a new car. Went to the dealership to get it checked, no issues. But it still does it... 4 years later.

The car has also a few recalls, so I've had to take it back to the dealership three times. This is my first car, so I don't know if that's common or not. It's annoying because I hate going to the dealership.

Overall feel of the car is ok, but I don't really love it or hate it. But props to KIA for making a lot of positive changes to their vehicles and brand image.

Will I buy another KIA? Probably now. With gas prices going up all the time, I need to get a hybrid! I'm seriously considering trading in my Kia Forte for a Toyota Prius.

Anyone here have any experience with reselling your kia forte??

2»