Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti Q45

Comments

• tlcmantlcman Posts: 220
    Hi everyone merry christmas, Ive been looking between Mazdas 929 and 626 and the infiniti Q45 of yester-year 92-98 and while the styling is not the pretiest on the outside, I like the power under the hood and the interior is plenty posh. Just what to know what are some issues that I am looking into here and is this a solid built car that can handle some evasive 100mph plus moves on a desolite colorado back road? Help would be apreiciated! The cars are used in good condition (preferably with records) and have around 70-100k miles on them.

-Thanks
  • I have a Q myself, a 2001, and it's awesome! the real question is what kind of a price range you're looking at, then figure out what car fits in that range.
  • Are there any owners of 1993 era Q45 models who could advise me if they have installed an after market cd player and how to resolve the issue of worn cracked leather driver seat and centre arm rest
  • sysadbsysadb Posts: 83
    I had a 93. I would say your best bets are either to find (If you're REAL lucky)a matching seat and armrest at a junkyard, or to get them re-upholstered at a fabric shop, assuming the seat underneath is OK. Buying a new seat would be very expensive.

DB
  • sysadbsysadb Posts: 83
    About the CD player...there are aftermarket CD changers you can trunk mount to use with your stock BOSE stereo. However, you might think about replacing the entire stereo instead before adding a changer. The problem is that the stock BOSE stereo is difficult to repair (if it can be repaired at all). I just had a problem with the 90 I own, and new parts were unavailable. Each BOSE speaker has it's own amp, so you can't just replace the radio with something else - the speakers must be replaced also if you change the stereo to another brand.

So...if it were me I wouldn't add a CD changer to the stock BOSE system unless the radio shop guaranteed me the changer could be used with a replacement stereo unit if the original goes bad. I just replaced the entire system with a nice Clarion stereo/single CD unit with Blauplunkt speakers. ($500)

DB
  • How is the reliability of q45. Looking to pick up an off lease 03 later in the year. Anyone have experience with them
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Hi mechrad1 and welcome.

I hope you'll take advantage of the information contained in the previous postings here - you should find it quite helpful.

Good luck!
  • jasonnbjasonnb Posts: 4
    I have a 2002 and it's been great. You should really check out the freshalloy Q forum. There are about 30 owners on their who actively post, including me. Anytime you have a problem, chances are they know the answer.
  • Good news/Bad news for Stolen Infinity with Lo-Jack
    Good news: Lo-Jack located the car on other side of town in ten minutes.
    Bad news: cost to re-key the car....ready? $1250.00.
  • pesantespesantes Posts: 1
    I love my 1990 (104kmiles) q45, but in the last 6 months I've had problems with the engine reving up and down when parked. Also when accelerating, it lags, this does not happen all the time, that's why my mechanic can't diagnostic with the computer. My mechanic suspect it is the air flow meter. Has anybody had the same problem. Please help me. My email address is: Ben@Pesantes.com
  • tegacaytegacay Posts: 1
    I have two 1991 Q45's. Actually one is a Q45a.

I would like to take some things off of one and add them on the other.

1 - Is it possible to take the 10 CD changer with the control built into the center console out and install in the other?

2 - Also, neither drivers power seat controls work. Does anyone know the best way to get these working?

3 - How do I take the wood grain off of the instrument panel and put it on the other car?

4 - Finally, when I turn I get a pulling of the tires like the power steering has a catch in it. It does it whichever way I turn and although it does not cause me to lose control it is a gentle jerking feeling.

Thanks for any help
  • q45ridaq45rida Posts: 2
    I have the same problem with my '95 Q45. Have you found some resolve to your issue. I have been to three different mechs. and have gotten three different answers. please help if you can.

Thank You,

Q45rida
  • q45ridaq45rida Posts: 2
    I have a 1995 Q45 and it seems to studder and or lag when riding down the road. I have been told it may be my fuel pump, fuel system modulator (computer), spark plugs, injectors, fuel pump relay, fuel injector relay. I have cleaned my fuel system and changed the fuel filter and air filter, to no resolve. Can someone help me in the resolve of my problem, at least lead me in the right direction. I'm getting tired of riding down the road as if I'm bucking on a wild horse, plus my dates are very uncomfortable.

Thanks
  • I have (3) 1994 q45's
    I think you have to send to clean you "air flow" meter that's what my garage "friend" told me he did
    Great cars
  • romeo5kromeo5k Posts: 1
    You know what yall, i just got a Q45 with 146k miles for $2k. And i think its a good deal because nothing is wrong that i know of so far. But now, im pissed,c ause the dealership is telling me 140$ just to raie hood and put on computer. I was like hells naw. But i need to know what would cause a slip light to come on and what would cause the TCS light to stay on and not come off. And also, What will fix that delay in acceleration. That getts on my last nervers. It studders like i put bad gas, but im using super, then wen i mash the gash to pick up sped quick, it may go up to 4000 rpm then will immmediately come down to 2.500 rpm. So what to do?
  • zacozaco Posts: 1
    I have 1997 Q45 and overall it work perfectly well. It has already gotten around 120,000 miles. Just recently a power recliner switch on the right front seat stopped to work. The seat is in a very inconvenient vertical position, and I cannot move it manually. At a dealership I was told that one of the seat's motors that reclines the seat is broken. To replace it, I would need to pay around $500 including labor. Any suggestion on how to reduce this cost? Where I can buy this motor myself? Is there any way that I can move and recline seat manually?
    Thank you in advance for your help.
  • qtee1qtee1 Posts: 1
    :cry: Hi, I am new to this forum and found you because of a possible serious oil consumption problem. I have a 2002 Q45 that I leased for 3 years and have since purchased because I truly loved it. It is spacious, runs so well. luxurious and still gets heads to turn (I believe those unique headlights bring lots of attention to this car). However; recently I have encountered an oil consumption problem. This did not rear its ugly head until January of this year. Has anyone else had this problem with this engine?
  • hunteramihunterami Posts: 1
    I have a 1998 Q45 with an in-dash CD/Radio/Cassette combo. When I put a CD in, it tries to read the CD and error comes on. Can anyone give me some direction on how to solve this problem?
    Thanks in Advance
  • west2west2 Posts: 1
    I have the same car. The way to fix this problem is to replace the Air Flow Sensor which is located on top of the Air Filter. The part can cost from $275 to $350 plus the labor which should be about 1 hour. In addition you should also make sure the Timing Relay Control and the Throttle Body is adjusted accordingly. After these repairs are done your car will drive like new. But start with the Air Flow Sensor first. :D
  • nadirnadir Posts: 1
    i had the same problem. i replaced the air flow meter and the fuel box in the trunk behind the back seat. this cleared the stalling, however, i cant get power to the fuse for the engine control under the hood.