Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo S80

Comments

• I have a 2000 s80 t6 with the HU-801 audio system in it and out of no where all my speakers except the dolby surround sound speaker in the dash are out and im smelling a little burnt plastic does anyone have any input about what it could be and where the ampliphier is located in the car.
  • I also have a little bit of a power loss problem my turbo spools then cuts out 2 or 3 times through one gear i was told that it could be my boost sensor sticking is that possible let me know if any one has any input thanks
  • jnguyjnguy Posts: 3
    I reply to replacement of engine mounts under recall. I did not receive any such notice and did not see any posted under NTHSA recalls. I would be very interested in getting this recall information which I think Volvo should fix with their upper and lower engine mounts.. as I myself have had problems. There was a recall for some parts with the fan system which could lead to overheating.
  • kiiwiikiiwii Posts: 283
    most of the 5 mph crash testing is done on the rear bumper here in US. lighten up.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    It's time to let this go.
  • I love it. It looks mint. It has a factory replaced motor. 93,000 on car. 12,000 on motor. Everything works, for now from what i hear. Can you tell me what to watch out for. Know any good links to service manauls or anything would be appreciated. I'm definately keeping it.
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    By now, all the upgrades should have been done.
    Jus common things to watch out for, CV joints, bushings, the upper torque mount.
    If it is a turbo, watch out for the rubber seals on the turbo oil lines, they can leak sometimes.
  • bill_lbill_l Posts: 38
    I'm thinking to buy an 05' S80 2.5T w/ extended 4yr warranty. I test drove it and found the steering wheel vibrates pretty obviously (seems +/- 1.5mm) when the car is at idle, but nothing can feel when driving even at low speed. Anyone has similar problem? Could it be fixed by dealor and how? Any information will be highly appreciated.
    Sounds like the upper torque mount needs to be replaced.
    Thanks a lot! By the way, Since it is only 2yrs old and has only 35K miles on it, do you have any idea about what could be the root reason that causes upper torque mount needing to be replaced? What could be the worst consequence if not replace it? How much it could cost and could it be covered by the factory warranty?

Thanks a lot again.
    You are looking at the worst consequence right now, vibration.
    The mount exists to quell vibrations,plain and simple.
    Since it is a part that does normally wear out, warranty doesn't cover it.
    If you haven't bought the car yet, I'd have the dealership look into replacing it.
    Thanks. Unfortunately I've paid the deposit since the dealer told me that the vibration is normal though I doubted it. But I can not believe the mount wears out that fast, it has only 35K miles, and can not believe the warranty won't cover it. Wish the dealer could help me. Any other suggestions?

Really appreciate!
    Some vibration is normal.
    But not enough to be apparent through the steering wheel.
    Are you buying the car from a Volvo dealer?
    Honestly I can feel the whole car is shaking, though not sounds that terrible, it's really not a normal vibration. I'm buy from an auto group that service VW, Volve and others. The S80 is at VW.
    Peronslly, I would just bag the car, get my deposit back and move on.
    Go find one at a Volvo dealer that is a CPO car.
    It may cost you a little more, but you will have a Volvo warranty and some piece of mind.
    Thanks a lot for your suggestion and I'll think about it. The car is Volve certified and has a Volve extended 4yrs/100k miles warranty. I've called the sales dealer to ask them to check and replace engine mounts. He said he will do it. I'll check with him again this afternoon and will cancel the deal if they won't fix the problem. By the way, are you thinking the problem won't be fixed thoroughly and will happen again shortly?
    If the S80 is at the VW dealer, then it isn't Volvo Certified.
    It has to be sold at the Volvo dealer.
  • billodbillod Posts: 31
    Thanks for the reply. I've been away for a while so I just got your msg. The brakes are mushy all the time. The pads look good and the fluid is all the way up to the top. The pedal travel is 2 inches until engagement of the rotor (is felt). What is a brake booster? Is it a secondary master cylinder? I just have not heard of a brake booster before. Please advise at your convenience. Thanks.
    the brake booster is the cylinder that the fluid resivor is attached to.
    Since the dealor is a group of VW and Volve and others, the S80 is Volve certified. I stopped by this afternoon and found the problem had been fixed by Volve servicemen. They changed the lower mount and the car is now silksmooth. Thanks a lot for your suggestions!! :D