Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo S80

Comments

• fwjfwj Member Posts: 6
    I'm taking my T6 in this week to get several things checked.

I'm wondering if a few of you could let me know how far you can be from your S80 and still have the remote key work. Both for unlocking and for turning on those cute little perimeter lights.

Mine fails at about 10 feet and beyond. I'm just wondering how loudly to complain.

Thanks
  • rollierollie Member Posts: 337
    Regarding post #268:

fwj, the S80 remote is a little goofy in this respect. If you want to use if long-range you have to turn the right side of it towards the sensor in the car. Using this method I can unlock the car from well over 50 feet away. I don't recall who discovered this tidbit but I'm pretty sure I first encountered on the BrickBoard.

Thanks.

-rdo
    rdollie@home.com
  • jack130jack130 Member Posts: 9
    Rosemary, Volvo North America OSD office, told me this morning that there is an $ 800 discount/rebate on S80s ordered after 6-19-00 for overseas delivery.
  • dfwt6dfwt6 Member Posts: 24
    Yes, imagine that the transmitter is on the right side of the remote and point THAT at the car.

If you've read back through this board you'll know that one suggested change to the car's programming is to have the remote unlock all doors, as opposed to having to depress once for driver's and twice for all. I think I'm getting more range from this change also, maybe since there's no logic circuit waiting to count the number of signals received?
  • oldhapoldhap Member Posts: 3
    Ordered a roof rack yesterday for $141 - figured for Wash DC area that's not a bad price. What kind of carrier did you purchase to use with your rack? Have you transported bikes? Thanks.
  • brigg1brigg1 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2.9 purchased in 01/99 with a build date of 10/98. I have approximately 20K miles on the vehicle so far. (No major problems except the famous bushing noise which was fixed.)

After reading the numerous early posts on the transmission failure problems, I have become concerned about a brief but definite transmission shudder which occurs when the transmission is shifting from 2nd to 3rd. Beginning under moderate acceleration and becoming more pronounced under harder acceleration. I contacted my Volvo Dealer, Smythe Volvo in Summit, N.J. The person I spoke with was not that knowledgeable, (granted it was the "night shift" guy) He gave what appears to be a pretty standard answer for any problem with the S80 - "May need a programming change."
    Has anyone experienced this problem? If so, what was the "fix" if any? Much appreciated.
  • rowlandjrowlandj Member Posts: 254
    I had the same problem on my T6 and the culprit was a bad solinoid and function #333 was downloaded.

Hope this helps...

JR
  • mi297fmi297f Member Posts: 2
    Today, me and my mother(I'm 13) went out to test drive the Saab 9-5 and Volvo S80. We stopped at Volvo first because it came along first. There the salesman showed us the new models and two used. One used one was a 99 black T-6 that had a graphite interior and the options we wanted(Surround sound, CW pack., moonroof, etc.) It had 32,200 miles on it and the price was 34,995. He knocked of 1500 and gave us 4200 for our trade-in 95 Saturn SL2. So we basically are paying 524 a month, 60 months. This was the best deal yet so we took it.

The car is really great. Quite fast, great styling, amazing sound system, very good seats and general comfort, lots of features, and who could forget the safety. We got it at Cheery Hill Volvo in Camden County, by the way.
  • derekchoyderekchoy Member Posts: 36
    In response to post #273, I also own a S80 which was manufactured in 09/98 with about 19k miles on it right now. I don't really notice a shudder but the transmission was reluctant and sluggish sometimes from 2nd to 3rd and more noticably from 3rd to 4th. I am not sure if it is normal, but it does wait until the revs go up to 3k rpm before shifting from 3rd to 4th, especially under hard acceleration. This late shift causes a jog which is quite uncomfortable sometimes. Anyone with similar experience?
  • papadoc1papadoc1 Member Posts: 10
    ATTN DFWT6: IN YOUR POST # 271 YOU MENTIONED RE PROGAMING THE REMOTE TO OPEN ALL DOORS WITH ONE CLICK.
    CAN YOU TELL ME HOW IT IS DONE OR DO I HAVE TO GO TO VOLVO TO HAVE IT DONE.
    THANKS PAPADOC
  • ctw2000ctw2000 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone have information concerning the best price for a 2000 S80 - T6? A previous message asked if rumors were true about a 1500 dollar incentive for dealers to get rid of 2000 models...true, false, any info.?? I plan to buy in the next week or so--thus, my fate is in your hands...

Also, could someone summerize any benefits to getting a "newer" 2000 vs "older" one ("newer" meaning a 2000 that was built more recently).
  • jarchjarch Member Posts: 16
    Hi papadoc1 - I had the one touch open on doors done at the dealer. It is REALLY nice (I greatly prefer this setting to the default setting and highly recommend it to anyone who like me did NOT like having to hit the unlock twice to open the passenger doors). The one touch open requires a VADIS programming change which can only be done by someone with a computer interface to your S80 (e.g., a dealer). Volvo charged me $50 for the labor and the software download 'patch' from Volvo North America.

FYI - other VADIS options are also available and have been posted on this site before if you are interested (such as T6 Turbo lag software update, turning off daylight running lights, time interval programming for inside light dim when you turn off your car, and a few other notables). If you are considering doing this change, review everything that is available so you can do multiple changes at once (won't be as costly that way).
    1) Thanks to rollie and dfwt6 for your responses to my remote key query. It does get farther with the remote turned sideways; gets about 15-16' now.

2) I'd like to ask how the heck you other T6 owners are getting such great gas mileage? I've driven conservatively for several tankfulls now to see what the car is capable of, but I usually get 21MPG. I've barely gotten 24MPG on a tank, even on a long road trip at 65-70MPH. In town it's 17MPG with most everyone else passing me. Surely those window sticker estimated mileages aren't literal for conservative driving; just curious.

3) My dealer charged $160 for the 5000 mile service (with 10-30 Pennzoil). They switched the daytime lights off after I talked them into it; no charge.

4) Previous threads have touched on the CD-changer option so I thought I'd post what I know about it.

- I paid the dealer $800 for the changer and installation.

- When I picked up my car, the changer hadn't been installed and the stereo 'source' knob listed the choices [FM, AM, TAPE, CD-PLAYER].

- After dealer installation, the 'source' knob allowed [FM, AM, TAPE, CD-PLAYER, CD-CHANGER]. It's likely the dealer had to re-program the radio to recognize the changer as a 'source'.

- It's a very nice changer and it simply bolts into a pre-drilled and wired rack in the trunk. It says Volvo on it but no other brand name.

- The dealer wanted $40 for a second CD-magazine so I went looking and found that the Kenwood magazine (part # KCA-M110) matched and works perfectly. They have them at Fry's (Sunnyvale, CA) for $30.

- I also looked at the Kenwood KDC-C715 10-disk changer ($230 at Fry's). Every physical detail I could check matches the Volvo changer from the dealer. The KDC-C715 feature list includes "Disk Naming for 100 disks".

Does anyone have 'Disk Naming' working on their CD-changer or front CD-player? I believe the Volvo changer is a Kenwood and I'm wondering if installing a KDC-C715 (and possibly another programming change), would provide 'Disk Naming'.

Enjoy the ride,
    fwj
    Oops, in item 3 that was $160 for the 7,500 mile service. The 5K service is $70.

fwj
  • mmullenmmullen Member Posts: 17
    I didn't know the S80 had a 5K service. Is that just an extra oil change you had performed for "good measure"?

Michael
  • scustredscustred Member Posts: 2
    I use the bike carrier, which will cost you another $130 or so. Works well, but unless you are tall, have a step ladder, or park near a curb that you can step on, it can be a little awkward putting the bikes on top. Once on though, they hold very well. I longest distance I have taken them is about 30 miles. Taking them off can be tricky as well if you again don't have the height for it. I am 5'6" and have to make sure I park by a curb so I can access them easier.
    Michael,

As far as I know the 5K service is not a factory recommended service. It does include an oil change and fluid checks but I don't remember what else.
    Regarding post #280:

fwj, it's counter-intuitive, but the T6 gets better gas mileage with moderate to heavy acceleration patterns. Someone else mentioned it here or on the BrickBoard first and I've noticed it as well. As it happens I'm a lead foot at the lights so this works well for me. Try being a little more aggressive getting to the speed limits (not maximum acceleration though) and see if you mileage improves. Good luck.

-rdo
    rdollie@home.com
  • brigg1brigg1 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, rowlandj for your recommendation on programming patch #333. I suggested that to my dealer and they actually performed that upgrade and the transmission shudder has disappeared. The transmission shifts seamlessly now. (More throttle being automatically applied) I believe the overall performance has also been enhanced with quicker transmission shifts translating into quicker 0 - 60mph time. But can't confirm without timing device. The car just feels quicker.
    Thanks again.
    As you probably figured out during my delay in responding, yes, go to the dealer. Many (myself included) did not have to pay for the reprogramming. I've also had the daytime running lights (OK, so they're really just the lights circuit programmed to stay on) turned off, also N/C.
    I'm averaging around 18mpg. But, heck, I came out of a Tahoe, so the way I see it I'm getting about twice what I used to.

Note that the theory of better mileage by aggressive acceleration also presumes at some point you stop accelerating...that is, go more quickly to your desired speed then maintain that speed. If you continue to accelerate until you're braking (decelrating) you'll likely not experience an improvement.

Nor will you experience an improvement if you like to drive around town in slow-and-go traffic locking out in 2nd (streets) and 3rd (highways) gear. THAT'S where I REALLY love this car!!!!!!!
    Are you now migrated from east to west?
    Well, not completely counter-intuitive, a quicker acceleration gets the vehicle in a higher gear more quickly and a higher gear is good for fuel economy. Once the car is going fast enough to comfortably drop into high gear (around 50 MPH on a flat road) easing off the pedal (allowing the transmission to drop into high gear) will result in better fuel economy. In the city, ease off sooner allowing the car to drop into 3rd or 2nd sooner depending upon the general speed of the traffic. So if the traffic is moving very slowly or is stop and go, just "blip" the throttle to get yourself moving quickly and then let off so you can coast. If you see you will need to apply the brakes, it's better to do it a little at the earliest possible moment instead of all of a sudden hauling the car down to a dead stop only to step on the gas a moment later.

I would never advocate using gas saving techniques at the expense of safety or traffic flow but it's amazing how minute changes in driving habits and a general awareness of the cars in front of you can increase fuel economy by an appreciable amount.

Michael
  • dt77dt77 Member Posts: 232
    Does anyone know what's new for 2001? Has it been tested yet? Website?

What baffles me is that it is still a 4 speed auto and not 5. If the T5 has 5 speed, there is't any reason for not doing the same with the T6.

Obviously, the 5th speed would be an overdrive if they introduce it.
    Regarding post #289:

Yup - it's done. The T6 finally arrived last Friday and our furniture arrived the week prior. We are now residing in California (although I don't know for how long since my wife who really wanted to move to California is having a bit of a rough time adjusting - I'm not sure if it's our area or all of Southern California but we've met a lot of plastic people so far). A move to another area of California is already under consideration much to my chagrin!

-rdo
    rdollie@home.com
  • cchudacoffcchudacoff Member Posts: 2
    Rollie

Hope that you do not mind my curiosity. Where in Southern California did you relocate?

C Chudacoff
  • tom1996tom1996 Member Posts: 7
    I heard on the radio this morning that there is a safety recall on the S80. The announcer said he had no additional details. Does anybody?
    dt77, the existing T-6's have an "overdrive" 4th gear. I don't see how it could be considered anything else since it allows the car to go 150 MPH and the ungoverned speed would be even higher. The T-6 engine has a "ton" of torque so more gears would not be much of an advantage. I don't think you will be seeing a five speed automatic mated to the T-6 or 2.9 since transmission space is really limited with the transversely mounted inline 6 cylinder engine.

This puppy is smooth!

Michael
  • ribkinribkin Member Posts: 2
    DETROIT (Reuters) - Volvo cars, a unit of Ford Motor Co., recalled 116,000 S80 cars worldwide Thursday, including 49,000 in the United States, because of a possible steering problem.
    The Swedish automaker said 1999 and 2000 models of the full sized S80 are being recalled because a front ball joint in the front suspension can loosen prematurely, affecting steering.
    Spokesman Dan Johnston said Volvo has received 30 reports of problems, but none involving accidents or injuries.
    The car was introduced in the 1999 model year, first sold in 1998.
    Volvo has notified the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration of the recall, but owners won't receive letters notifying them of the recall until the automaker has an adequate supply of replacement ball joints, Johnston said.
    However, any owners experiencing any related problems should bring their cars to a Volvo dealer, he said
  • rayjoerayjoe Member Posts: 2
    Thank you (ribkin)and (mmullen) for the heads up on the recall....placed a buyers order last night for a S80 2.9......specified car had to be manufactured after Jan 2000, homelink, nautic blue metallic paint, sunroof and leather, CW pkg and DSTC.....also got verification (after some time) that dealer was willing to give me $1500 factory incentive or preferred financing (somewhere in the 2.9 - 6.9 range...didn't lock in which option yet)....with the $1500 rebate option final price would be $35K.....MSRP was like $40,200....felt IF they could find exactly WHAT I wanted it was a good deal....was told they WOULD find it and I'd be called today....nothing yet.....do you think dealer will tell me about the recall when he calls? Also, what do you think about the final price I got....is that good or could I have done better? With this recall, I think I can negotiate....but now DON'T think I want a recalled car....anybody out there having the problem cited in the recall? Should I stay with this deal and trust Volvo to make good or go on to my other new car options (LS, Jag S-type, or A6?)
  • tom1996tom1996 Member Posts: 7
    Many have written messages about a front-end clunk that often took several repairs to fix. Could this be the ball joint that is being replaced as part of the recall of 116,000 cars?
    Regarding post #298:

rayjoe, some of your other choices are nice too but you can't be seriously wondering if Volvo is going to make good on the recall (I wasn't sure if you meant make good on the recall or their efforts to find your specific order)? They initiated the recall themselves. It's for a simple ball joint. I'm pretty confident they will make good for any and all owners that bring their car in for this annoyance. I doubt you'll get any more than another $100 or so because of the recall (and of course the dealer is going to tell you that yours will be replaced before you pick up the car so you might not get any leeway in negotiating because of the recall).

Good luck.

-rdo
    rdollie@home.com
  • rayjoerayjoe Member Posts: 2
    Just got a call from my salesman.....told him about the recall....he said he didn't know anything about this.....do you believe that a leading and large Volvo dealership in No. VA only found out about the recall because I told them? Is that believable? Told them to call me next week after I calm down and then decide if I still want the car....is this believable?
  • vader3vader3 Member Posts: 2
    By digging around on Edmund's sketchy info on the 2001 S80s, I've found that the Executive version of the car has a power rear sun curtain. This is an option I was hoping to see on *all* models. Does anyone know if this is something that can be factory-ordered on a T-6 or 2.9?
    Regarding post #302:

If you want all the details and options on the S80 Executive, go to Volvo's regular U.S. site ( http://new.volvocars.com/newvolvos/s80/options.html# ) and check it out. I would buy one of these things if I wasn't afraid my wife and son would try to turn me into the family limo driver!

-rdo
    rdollie@home.com
  • papadoc1papadoc1 Member Posts: 10
    I hate to burst your bubble but I think you overpaid for the T6 with 32000 miles on it. You could have bought a 2000 s 80 for 499 month on a lease in NY with the first month waved..The t6 would have cost about 4200 more spread over 3 years and you would have had a new car..Sorry..
  • broeuxbroeux Member Posts: 46
    fwj: On a recent 2 1/2 hour trip of 95% interstate, driving 70-80mph, and average 26.4mpg. On another road trip recently, using good two-lane back roads and driving 60-70 the avg was a little over 27. But around town we nearly always average 15.5-16.5, and that's driving the car with moderate acceleration, not flooring it at every TL. When I tried the suggested getting up to speed faster, the mileage went down, not up. I've come to the conclusion that the issue with our low mileage in town is simply heavy traffic, stop-and-go, sometimes near gridlock. Could that be a factor in your situation?

Broeux
  • shaunsshauns Member Posts: 24
    I heard about the ball joint recall on the news last Friday, and called my dealer about it. He said that I was the 3rd customer to inquire and that Volvo hadn't sent them any info yet. The usual method is for the manufacturer to mail the owner, who then brings it in. But it does sound like bad timing - usually, the announcement is made AFTER the letters are sent and the dealers informed.

For those worrying about whether to buy a "recalled car", my 91 Accord was recalled THREE times - for clutch material, for a prone-to-disintegrate safety belt latch, and for something else I can't remember. The car gave me 165K essentially trouble-free miles, and the recalls
    were handled promptly and efficiently. Even the best cars get recalled; it's a question of whether the mfr fixes the problem promptly.

I'm wondering now if some of my "torque steer" problems might actually be slop in the ball joints. A long shot, but...

Shaun
    Regarding post #293:

Hi Craig. We ended up in a small town called Aliso Viejo in Orange County. It seems pretty decent and we were told it is in the middle of nowhere and close to everything. My wife is already eyeing Newport Beach so we may end up there if things don't work out in the short term (the Mrs. is having a bit of time adjusting to native insects like ants and spiders).

One of these days if I can get off the road, I will have to find out about the local Volvo owners group.

Thanks.

-rdo
    rdollie@home.com
  • mwjohnson1mwjohnson1 Member Posts: 3
    I am coming close to a decision to buy a new T-6 (2000 oor 2001). One of my high priorities is a low noise level inside the car, because I am a music lover who plans to take long auto trips after my retirement in January.

I understand that Lexus sets the standard in this regard for "luxury" cars, but I prefer the Volvo in most other respects. Reviews give attention to this issue only sporadically, so I am interested in views on how the T-6 (or the 2.9 if there is a big difference) stacks up against the competition on this criterion. Thanks.
    The S80 is a very quiet car inside the cabin but if low road/wind noise is one of your primary criteria I think you will do better with one of the Cadillacs or a Lexus.

This is what Daniel Heraud's Volvo S80 Review of had to say about interior noise levels:

Noise: The level is low thanks to a rigid cockpit that boasts excellent soundproofing. Engine and tire noise is muffled effectively and the S80's aerodynamics eliminate any wind noise.

I think that's on the optimistic side but the car is very quiet nevertheless. It all depends upon what you are used to and the texture of the road.

Michael
  • broeuxbroeux Member Posts: 46
    Mark, I can't give you a comparison of noise factor between the Lexus and S80, but here's noise testing reported in Road & Track's initial review that may help:

Interior Noise
    Idle in neutral: 50 dBA
    Maximum in 1st gear: 69 dBA
    Constant 50 mph: 65 dBA
    Constant 70 mph: 70 dBA

Other reviews may vary. I've read more than one review that noted the cabin was so quiet otherwise that you will hear more tire noise than might be desirable. All's relative. As Michael just noted, road noise is much dependent on your own tolerance and the road texture, plus your tires. On smooth roads I find the noise very low.

But where the S80 with the upgraded stereo excels is the ability to block any undue noise out. I, too, really like my on-road music, and in this car it's like front row at the concert.

Take along a favorite CD (and maybe ear muffs for the salesman if he rides with you) and ask to test drive a T6 with HU801 stereo and see for yourself. Then let us know what you think.

Broeux
  • gasmeistergasmeister Member Posts: 5
    On my MY2000 S-80 T-6 there are 2 recommended inflation pressures on the fuel filler door: 29 psi for 2 or so passengers and 39 psi for 5 passengers. I primarily drive alone or at most with 1 passenger. I had been using 29 psi but after a recent rotation and balance at a specialty tire store (where, incidentally I had an alignment after their analysis- verified by me- showed the alignment to be off after 7500 miles) and without asking they filled the tires to 35 psi.

Now I'm wondering which pressure is optimal. There was no outer edge tire wear at the lower pressure and I can't tell any significant performance differences at the higher pressure. Any thoughts??
    I have come to find that I prefer 35psi since it gives a firmer, more responsive ride than lower pressures without the slight harshness associated with higher pressures, especially on broken pavement. I was surprised to discover the tires hold more tenaciously while cornering with the 35psi (instead of 29psi) but I can't tell any difference in holding ability of 35psi vs. 39psi. At lower pressures the tires do not hold as well.

Michael
  • rowlandjrowlandj Member Posts: 254
    A closing post on my saga of the ’99 S-80 T6. I have posted before re: the problems with my car. Briefly, the front-end clunk, steering column replacement, transmission shifting problem, acceleration degradation and minor sun-roof issues.

VCNA is the worst with regard to concern for the customer. I was going to push the Lemon Law over the recurring problems with the front-end but decided to cut my losses and get out. It became very apparent that they have no interest in actually resolving problems they would rather wear you down with “it’s normal for that model” arguments. I was more than happy to work on a replacement as I truly did like the model, I just did not like my particular vehicle and I expected better based on the name and the price. I guess I should have read the boards sooner.

Anyway, the fix for me (and others from what I can tell) is to go elsewhere, and do my best to be sure others do not buy Volvos in the future. I know a number of folks who really liked the look and ride of my S80 (including myself at one time) and have steered them away. I am sure my story will affect a few folks, but not enough for VCNA to care.

Oh well, live and learn.

BTW – my replacement is a Mercedes E-320. I love it.

Regards to all,

JR
  • shaunsshauns Member Posts: 24
    Ahh, a topic after my own ears. I did extensive testing with attention to road noise before I bought my 2.9. First off, let me say that my hearing is very sensitive to road noise due to hearing damage, so you may not notice what I do.

Lexus is unquestionably the quietest make on the market, with the ES300 and LS400 being the quietest. The GS300 sacrifices quietness for handling, and thus has noticeable tire noise.

The S80 is really rather loud for a luxury class car - R&T's initial numbers were followed by a couple of other reviews that pegged 70MPH noise at about 73dBA. For point of reference, this is about equal to a Honda Accord, a car not noted for its silence.

The S80 is very quiet on smooth roads, but has pronounced tire noise on rough or old roads. The rear seat is particularly noticeable, but in general the rear seat is noisier than the front, being right on top of the rear wheels. The noise is biased towards the higher frequencies, which may indicate insufficient damping materials in the floor and body panels, and too-stiff suspension isolation.

SAABs are just plain loud.

The MBE320 and Audi-A6 are both very quiet cars on smooth roads, but the A6 booms on rough roads, and the MBE320 has a remarkable resonance around 30-50MPH that is suprisingly unpleasant.

The best German car under all conditions is the BMW 528i with 15" or 16" wheels. 17" wheels transmit more road noise. The noise spectrum is remarkably consistent under all road conditions, and the typical 70MPH noise level is around 65dbA. This is a VERY significant noise reduction over the S80 and comparable to the Lexus LS400.

This being said, why did I choose an S80?
    1. Fit. It has enough headroom for me - the
    BMW doesn't.
    2. It's not a BMW. Yuppie factor. Volvos are
    better for BOBOs (check out the book...)
    3. Price. Lots cheaper than the Germans or
    Lexi.
    4. Spectrum. The S80 is louder than the BMW,
    but like it, doesn't have the annoying booms
    and resonances of the MB or Audi.

I agree that if you're looking for top notch noise isolation, you should consider something else, particularly with the sorry conditions of US roads. In fact, several mid-range and near-luxo Japanese cars are better - Camry, Avalon, Acura TL. The Passat is very good except for rough road noise, like its more expensive cousin.

Shaun
    Rowland, the Mercedes E320 is one excellent automobile, I would have considered it but I wouldn't want to be caught dead in one. I know looks and style are a personal thing but I think the E320 is just plain...well, I can't say this tactfully so I will just have to say it accurately, butt-ugly. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder so I'm sure you must think it looks at least acceptable or you wouldn't have one. Consider yourself lucky, I had to rule out almost every car above $50,000 and many cars for less just because I couldn't live with the styling.

Looks aren't very important to me, but if you can't live with the looks, I guess that will rule it out. I would have bought the S80 even if it was a brick because I can live with a box but it just so happens I really like the styling of the S80 so that's just an added benefit for me.

But I'm glad you found a car you like,that's what matters, it would be a real strange world if everyone drove S80's.

Michael
  • jefff1jefff1 Member Posts: 5
    Here's a problem I've not seen before on this forum: I cannot open my trunk electronically. The trunk release on my 2000 S-80 T-6 no longer responds to the remote. The doors lock and unlock just fine, but I have to use the key to open the trunk. (I didn't even know there was a place to use a key.) Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm taking the car to the dealer tomorrow. This is a new one for him too.
    Regarding post #316:

jeff1, look on your dash. You should see a trunk lock button. Yours is probably lit up (orange light as I recall) which means that your trunk shouldn't lock or unlock with the remote. Simply push this button to turn off the light while the car is running and you will be all set again.

Now it is possible you don't have this button because I don't remember if it was standard with the T6 or part of the security package. Either way, if you dealer didn't bring this up you should think about finding another dealer!

Thanks.

-rdo
    rdollie@home.com
    Regarding post #316:

jeff1, I almost forgot - I think there is a key hole for your trunk. I seem to recall (I'm in Denver this week away from my S80 so I can't check) that a black rubber stopper is covering it but if you look up under the recessed area of the trunk you should find a black rubber plug near the latch.

Thanks.

-rdo
    rdollie@home.com