Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo S80

Comments

• hcorrea228hcorrea228 Posts: 11
    Purchasing from a “New” Volvo dealer in Chicago. This is an 04 Volvo Certified S80 T6 Premier. Good Condition with 35,000 rounds.... Dealer will take $28,000 plus TTL and doc. Basic Premier, no Upgraded Stereo, Navigation, 4-C Chaises, Fridge, Reverse Assist or Rear Door Sun Blinds. Vehicle will be Certified through Sept 2009. Looking for some advice, Is this a good deal?

2004 Volvo S80 T6 Premier:

Mileage: 35,000

Color: Black / Graphite Leather

Major Options: Xenon Headlamps, Electric Rear Sun Blind, Heated Seats Front and Rear, Radio Single CD-player, Radio / Cassette, Cruise, Power Moon Roof, Homelink, DSTC, Power Seats Driver Memory Seat, Rear Seat Entertainment Center DVD player w/ Wireless Head Phone and Remote; Dual Screen DVD / 64 Channel TV Monitor.

Condition: Good Interior / Exterior

Only Upgrades / Options from Std T6 Premier Package are the Xenon Headlamps

All information, opinions assistance, etc would be much appreciated! Thanks!
  • heywood1heywood1 Posts: 839
    Considering the T6 Premier listed for $48K+, and Kelly Blue Book for this mileage is $30K, I'd say this is a reasonable deal with an extended warranty. If this car and color are your first choice, then go for it. You'll love the comfort and power of this car.
  • sharonpsharonp Posts: 1
    The lumbar airbag in the driver's door was deployed when the door was slammed. Now the car won't start. Any advise on what the problem is or where to start looking?

Thanks,
    Sharon
  • cxxviii128cxxviii128 Posts: 15
    I have just been informed that replacing a lost ignition key and remote for my 2000 S80 T6 will set me back about $400 - the ultimate in monopoly pricing. There are nearly 100 "Volvo remotes" for sale on eBay, for $15 or so (the dealer wants $120 just for the remote - not including the cost of reprogramming!!). Of course the dealer claims that they can't possibly program any of the remotes I would get from eBay.

Has ANYONE out their lost their keys and found a reasonable way to replace them? Can anyone other than Volvo program a key key and/or remote? HELP!

Thanks in advance -
    Mike
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    Dealer is correct, remotes cannot be reprogrammed.
    That is, any P2 chassis car can't. S80, S60 etc.
    Older Volvo's S70's, 850's those remotes can be reused.

Its not a monopoly, just reality.
    Buy a new Lexus and lose the keys and see what happens.
    Heck, in some luxury cars the motor co has to program the keys and remotes, not the dealer.
    So what am I to make then of the (for instance) MyKeyless seller on eBay, who has literally thousands of remotes sold, and dozens (probably more) of sales of Volvo remotes for recent model vehicles. AND they have great feedback: "worked like a charm, works great", etc. etc. They claim even to provide programming instructions with the order.

Are you saying this (and the other, similar sellers on eBay) are all an elaborate scam? Clearly they are selling remotes for S60, S70, S80, etc. and have happy customers.

Confused -
    Mike
    Have you lost both remotes?
    Yup. Long story.
    Well, then....$400 sounds cheap. I was told not to lose both fobs on my new Sienna, as replacement and programming would be $1,200....
    So I guess it's all relative... nice of them to tell you up front, though. I would have put one away for safe keeping instead of letting a certain other person run around with it in her purse...
    Sounds like a scam to me.

The older Volvo's, before 98 can be programmed by the owner.
    Newer ones simply can't.
    Unable to get TV reception through rear seat ent system. Only black/blank screen when TV option is chosen. DVD and AUX channels / reception are just fine.Any idea. Do not have an instruction manual to aid in diagnosing problem. Any hints or ideas? Anyone? Anyone?
    Take it to the dealer, have them make sure that the proper TV box is installed.
    Some of the US models came thru w/ Euro boxes.
    Thanks for the info..going to the dealer at the end of the week.

I have another question regarding the stereo system speaker placements. I have the basic 8 speaker stereo system in my T-6 Pr. Any idea what is underneath the mesh cover in the center of my dashboard? Is the opening there just incase I decide to upgrade?

I assume a center speaker would be place in the dash, but where are 9th and 10th other speakers placed in units with the HU-801 upgraded stereo system.

I'm thinking of upgrading my system, and would prefer to have HU-801 recommended setup if possible
  • voldovoldo Posts: 2
    Hi. Just bought a 2004 S80 AWD with 17 K miles, certified. I've paid $25k for it and I think it's a very good deal.
    It does not have DSTC and I hear it is imposible to install it aftermarket. Is that so? Anyone knows about this?
    The center grill is empty.
    The center channel speakers go in there.
  • lev_berkovichlev_berkovich Posts: 858
    Doesn't the Nav display go in there too? And if yes, how does the Nav system co-exist with the Premium audio? I was always curious about it.
    Easy, 2 different speaker sizes.
    If the car has Nav, it gets smaller center speakers.
  • monitagirlmonitagirl Posts: 1
    I want to buy a used car for my sixteen year-old daughter. I'm trying to decide between an S 80 or a Honda Accord. The Accord has a better repair record for all years, but the S 80 is safer. I began looking at 1999 models, and the S 80 has an abysmal record that year. I don't want to spend more than $15,000.

Any advice?
  • dmarcus48dmarcus48 Posts: 139
    Get the honda. 1999 or 2000 were terrible years for the s80. A honda would be a much better car for her than the s80. Its not a kids car. You're right about the safety factor though. The volvo is a great car, in later years.