Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Corolla

Comments

• When is the 2008 Toyota Corolla coming out.
  • The redesigned Corolla is already on sale in Japan. Will arrive in North America sometime later....I would guess spring or summer 2007. Along with the sedan, which will be called the Corolla Axio, they're introducing a station wagon, called the Corolla Fielder.

Will be built on the same chassis and wheelbase as the existing Corolla. The styling, to me, is disappointing...very bland and ho hum, compared with the Yaris Sedan and the new Camry. I don't think anyone will be holding their breath waiting in anticipation, except maybe those who have been hoping for a wagon version.

Here's a link to an Oct 11th story. If you google "2008 Corolla", you will find many others....

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/business-story.php?story=dispatch/2006/10/11/200- 61011-D2-00.html

Cheers
    Barnee
  • In my best Fred Willard voice: "Wha' happened?"
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,728
    The current Corolla debuted for the 2003 MY so with Toyota's typical five-year cycle, no new Corolla would be expected until the 2008 MY.

I think we will see it here sometime in early 2007, since the 2003 model came out in early 2002 and it's already selling in Japan, but we'll have to wait and see.
  • Thanks for the reply, Backy. I thought I read here somewhere that folks were anticipating a new design for the '07 model year. My Bad.

A bit of a tangent --- didn't the late 20th Century / early 21st Century Corolla look dang cool from the trunk view?? The letters on the back made it seem more pricey somehow. However, the increase in size in the newest generation is worth the slight tradeoff for potential perceived coolness of the previous.
    IMO the two best styles for the Corolla were the 1980-83 generation (the last generation to be all RWD) and the 1993-97 generation. I always thought the 1980 2-door sedan was especially sharp (maybe because I owned one), and reminded me of the little BMWs of the era. I liked the Corolla fastback and "sport" 2-door of that era also. There was also the SR5/GT-S hatchback from '84-'87 that was maybe the best-looking and most fun Corolla of all time.
  • bobw3bobw3 Posts: 2,997
    I'd like to see the next Corolla come out with more headroom (like the Versa or Fit), a 4dr hatch, and all of the safety features as standard. After test driving the Fit and Versa, and then going into something like a Civic or Corolla, I'm really sold on the more open feel when you're sitting in any seat, and the greater legroom in the second row. Or they could redesign the Yaris to the 4dr hatch design, full safety featurs, and normalize the dash!
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    This discussion has been reopened in accordance with this post: Sylvia, "Forums Software! Your Questions Answered..." #3319, 12 Nov 2006 2:43 pm. :)
  • fredvhfredvh Posts: 853
    Does anyone know if the 2 oil filters are interchangeable in the 2 available 2006 1.8L engines? Are the Toyota dealers using the same filter for both engines?
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    A reporter from a national news magazine is hoping to talk with consumers who have just downsized their vehicle from a SUV (preferably large) to a small, compact car. Please reply to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Monday, December 4, 2006 with your daytime contact info.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,692
    Now they are saying there might well be a new sport 2-door version of the Corolla, when the '09 debuts in spring 2008. I would like to see that.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

That would be nice. But... what would it mean for the future of the tC? But Toyota needs something like that, though. Nothing like it in the lineup since they dumped the Celica. At one time, I think that was one of Toyota's leading sellers.
  • dandman1dandman1 Posts: 12
    hi
    any word when the new 08 is coming out, fall 07? spring 08?
    thanks
    dan
    Check out the "Future Toyota Corolla?" discussion here, it's all about your question. Looks like February 2008 is the date.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
  • bottgersbottgers Posts: 2,027
    I test drove our secretary's '03 LE 5 speed yesterday. This was the first time I've driven the current generation Corolla (mine is a '99 model). I like everything about the car except for the fact the driver's seat doesn't go back far enough for me to get comfortable. I'm 6 foot tall and the seat seems like it needs to be able to go back about 3 or 4 more inches for me to get comfortable. I'm wondering if anyone has had the seat tracks lengthened in their's. It seems like it would be a fairly simple process to pull the seat tracks out of the car and take them to a machine shop and have them add about 4 inches. I don't know if you've ever seen them, but the seat tracks are actually a pretty simple design. They're basically a piece of square stock metal with a slit cut in the top and notches for locking the seat into a particular position. It seems to me a metal shop could fairly easily weld a 4" piece of square stock onto the tracks and cut the appropriate slits and notches to match the factory ones. This could probably be done for less than $100 (I would think anyway). Has anyone done this with '03 or newer Corolla?
  • jlawrence01jlawrence01 Posts: 1,828
    If you would put the seat back 3-4", would you be able to reach the steering wheel?

The one thing you would probably have to look at is the position of the seat belt tensioners before making that move.
  • bottgersbottgers Posts: 2,027
    Yes, I would easily (and actually more comfortably) be able to reach the steering wheel at 3-4 inches further back. Not sure about the belt tensioners though. I would have to check that.
  • ppcdc30ppcdc30 Posts: 18
    Does anyone have or had a rattle in the rear window by the rear speakers. It only does it when the car is warm. I hear it mostly on bumpy roads. It stops when it is cold outside? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appriciated.
  • Hi all, Newbie here.

can anyone tell me if a 1991 Corolla has a timing belt or Chain?

Thanks
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,668
    Belt - chains started in '98.
  • Looking at getting a 2007 Corolla CE and would like to get the VIP Security System on it. Using Build and Price Your Toyota on Toyota.com with my Zip Code, the VIP Security System doesn't come up as part of any of the option packages or as an accessory for the CE, does that mean it's not available for the CE? It does come up for an LE or S though. Also, what's the difference between the RS3200 and the RS3200 plus versions? Thanks.
  • dchevdchev Posts: 38
    Hello dewguy1999,
    Your car has to have power windows, doors, and locks in order for you to install RS3200 or RS3200plus.
    RS3200 version is for cars without keyless entry, while RS3200 plus is for car with keyless entry.
    You can check this website: http://www.toyotapartspeople.com/SearchProduct.asp?Model=Corolla&catid=337429182- 3456520&year=07&productdesc=VIP+Security+System

The price is good. This is a Toyota Dealer from the West Cost. I used them last year for buying some accessories.
    Good luck. :)
  • Hi dchev:
    The one we're looking at has the Upgrade Package (Power Windows & Power Door Locks) but no keyless enty so I guess we'd have to go with the RS3200. Now that we know it's an available accessory for the CE, I imagine we'll get it from the dealer when we buy the car. Thanks for the link, we'll probably use it before winter to get a set of All-Weather Floor Mats.
  • xpslayerxpslayer Posts: 2
    i am thinkin of buyin a 1990 toyota corola some body hole rust 4 500 bux. r they good cars? car seems mechanicaly fit...
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,447
    I had a 1990. Very reliable.
  • shaydshayd Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Corolla CE, It does not have ABS(anti-lock braking system). I need/want to know if I can have it installed. I have seen the diffrence first hand when braking in severe weather with and without ABS. So I would like to think I can get them installed. I don't care if I have to go through some special auto shop or take it to a toyota dealer.
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    Trade-in time......get side airbags also. Should also seriously consider VSC as well.

None of these are dealer installed add-on's.
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,447
    You would be money ahead to buy a new Corolla. Can't really retrofit ABS very easily.
  • I just got a 1999 toyota corolla today, and was wondering, what is the button above the gear shifter? I press it and it does nothing, soo, can anyone help me out? thanks