Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Corolla

Comments

• Anybody want to talk about the Corolla now?

Ohh, mee, meeeee! *raises hand.

Does anyone have an idea of what engine(s) the Corolla will offer? It's so close to being here, I was wondering if there was ANY leak of information.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,621
    There's been quite a bit of info posted in the 2009 Corolla discussion. Might be the best place here in Town Hall to get the latest scoop.
  • Probably so, I had not seen that thread.
  • irismgirismg Posts: 345
    Motorweek did a show on one of the new Corolla models, and I'm sharing it here. For some reason they haven't posted the video of the show yet, but here's the transcript.

http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2718a.shtml

I believe I saw one last week that wasn't this sporty model. Very exciting!
  • loneilloneil Posts: 1
    toyota says the corolla weighs 3500 lb. and
    has a towing capacity of 1500 lbs.
    Can I tow a 14 ft jonboat with a 15 hp motor?
    Toyota dealership is mum on this issue.
    ps ... I live on flat terrain.
    Thanks
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    toyota says the corolla weighs 3500 lb.

I doubt that. The last Corolla (2003-2008) weighed around 2500 lbs, and vehicles like the Camry and Accord don't weigh 3500 until you get into the loaded V6 models.

Follow this link for specifications on the 2003-2008 Corolla

I'd bet a 2009 1.8L Corolla wouldn't weigh over 2800 lbs.
  • I have a 2001 corolla with roll up windows and I want to make them remote is there any way. And what about the car start up and the door locks because the door locks are not automatic plz I need feed back
  • Corolla - 2723 lbs.
    Corolla LE - 2745 lbs.
    Corolla S - 2767 lbs.
    Corolla XLE - 2811 lbs.
    Corolla XRS - 2877 lbs.
    My 2 cents: Don't tow with it. Get a truck.
    The Hedge maze game on toyota.com's Corolla page is very difficult. Couldn't keep my car out of the bushes.

The best game is the car chase. I only hit a rock twice, and kept "the man" successfully at bay!
  • My corolla makes a very loud tap tap tap noise whenever I accelerate. Also, the car rattles when I'm idling in drive but not park, neutral, etc. The rattling is so bad I'm afraid to drive the car because it sounds like the engine is just gonna give out. Any ideas? Thank you
    Valve adjustment maybe?

I'm not a mechanic, and have never worked on cars, but it sounds like your valves may be clacking.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    The Sludge game is also very difficult. Changed oil and filter every 3,000 miles and still couldn't keep sludge out of the engine!
    At least they're making these car websites entertaining! Didn't ever try the sludge game...
  • rrojas1rrojas1 Posts: 3
    please, is normal that the needle of gas tank is moving constantly, i mean i fill my gas tank full, and more or less to 43.5 miles the needle start to down slowly and you drive and drive by 2 or 3 days in the city and suddenly the needle may be in the middle of tank ...that is normal? o i need to check fuel filter or my toyota corolla type S 2003 has some problem....

thanks
    I'm not sure of the Corolla's fuel tank design, but a floater in a fuel tank (which will send information to the gauge as to how full the tank is) may be at the highest point of travel (indicating full) while there is actually fuel above the top of the floater's travel (in the filler neck, et cetera). I drove 60 miles in my Accord before my needle dropped off of full. In the next 60 miles, I was close to 1/4 tank down.

This is normal.
  • rrojas1rrojas1 Posts: 3
    thanks a lot....

your comments were important for me!!!!!! :D
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,621
    I've found on every car I've owned, there's anywhere from 1-2.5 gallons "above the float" so that I can drive quite a ways, sometimes as much as 100+ miles depending on the car and how full I fill the tank, before the needle crosses "F". Sometimes I make a game out of it: how far can I go on a "full" tank? On the Corolla, that could be pretty far!
    I usually get 70-80 miles in my old '96 Honda with the type of gauge that doesn't drop to E when the car is turned off. In my '06, I typically see the needle start dropping at the 30 mile mark, crossing F around 40mi.
  • honshuhonshu Posts: 11
    Help I traded in my 2005 Corolla CE for a Sienna. I am now having withdrawls!