Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Corolla

Comments

• naz786naz786 Posts: 1
    my airbag light aswell as the engine traction and p/s lights keep coming and going, i took it to the main dealership and they said the wiring for the airbag has come off the circuit board and that the airbag is coverered under my warranty but the wiring aint im not sure if thats right is it true plz help./;
  • terceltomterceltom Posts: 1,017
    I guess the easiest answer would depend on the age and mileage of your Corolla. If it's under 3 years old and under 36,000 miles I would say Yes, the wiring should also be covered also.
  • hi i have a 2002 toyota corolla that drives pretty smooth but recently i found out that when i start the car after the car being parked for a few hrs or overnight, and i shift from park to reverse or drive, doesnt matter which, there seems to be a loud gear side that wasnt there before. this only happens the first time after starting the car in the morning or something, after i shift a few times and after i start driving, the transmission shifting becomes smoother. is this because the transmission fluid is low and needs to be drained/refilled? because i recently drove from la to north california which is like a 6 hr drive, and i noticed after driving halfway when i stopped to take a break that there was fluid dripping from under the car. i thought it was the coolant fluid, but i checked that and the water was still full, so it most likely is transmission fluid leaking perhaps? does anyone have any opinions on this? thanx!
    edited July 2011
    I assume that when you state"a loud gearside" you mean a loud noise when doing this shifting. The easiest way to check if you lost transmission fluid would be to follow the cars manual on how to do this by using the dip stick under the hood. If it is the case that you are low on fluid perhaps you blew a seal on the transmission that needs to be replaced. To do this you check the fluid with the car's motor warm and running; after you shift all the way up and down the shift selecter stop in park and check the fluid using this dipstick.
  • my car has developed problems with rear stop lights. Rear stop lights will not turn off when I switch off ignition. Auto parts store informs me that a switch located on brake pedal needs to be replaced. The switch costs $34.99. I was also informed that the problem could be rectified by purchasing a rubber grommet that attaches to the existing defective switch Please help. I just purchased car only four days ago for $5000. Thank You
    What exactly is it that you need help with? I would just get my head down under the brake pedal and determine which of these two fixes is necessary. After this determination go to a dealer and pick-up the correct repair part. Replacing should be straight forward, just remove and replace the grommet or switch as needed.
  • Thank you TercelTom. My problem is I cannot see the complete switch when I get under the brake pedal and have no idea on how to remove it other than by feeling around. I do notice that there is a panel underneath the steering wheel that seems to be secured by only one bolt or screw. Do you know if this panel is removable?. If so, it seems like I would have a much better view of the switchAgain, thank you for your interest
  • Howdy all...
    Does anyone have an idea, a clue maybe, as to why Toyota does not develop a hybrid system for its Corolla?
    I know some of you will say Toyota has the Prius line for anyone interested in owning Hybrid tech, but if the automaker can provide Hybrid tech for the Camry then why not for the Corolla too?
    It's about time some automaker offered a SMALL vehicle, Yaris sized, with Hybrid. The Honda Civic Hybrid, or regular high mileage HF, are great...but I find Honda's warranty lacking...that's a deal breaker, speaking for myself.
    Any 4-1-1 appreciated...
    Peace!<-AladdinSane<- :shades: -
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,426
    edited February 2012
    A corolla hybrid would cost just about as much as a Prius, but would have quite a bit less interior space and would lack the advantage of a hatch.

I don't see much point and I suppose Toyota doesn't either.

Not trying to be flippant. I also have a niche I would like to see filled, but I know it never will be. A Prius that handles better and has a stick shift. I won't hold my breath.

They are coming out with a smaller Prius soon though.

http://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/priusc/
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,667
    edited February 2012
    Agree re: the stick Prius.

aladdinsane : The comment about the Honda Hybrid - if you want the best fuel economy, I am not sure why you would by the Honda?
  • I dig the hybrid's Flash Gordon two tier infotainment cluster, plus the Civic's reliability/dependability reputation is nothing to sneeze at (so to speak). I realize there are other brands with better stats and even a better driving experience. The Civic is just one of a small list I have of machines to check out. I'd like a hybrid, but there aren't many small hybrids out there to check out for purchase. The Civic's size is just about right, speaking for myself.
    Peace!<=AladdinSane<- :shades:
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,667
    edited February 2012
    JD Power Dependability Study

This is the latest dependability study by JD Powers. It shows that for 2009 models (3 years old), Toyota got more awards (8) than any other maker. #1 Lexus (Toyota) #2 Porsche, #3 Cadillac And Toyota, #4 Scion (Toyota).

Also note - for compact cars, the Prius was #1, #2 COROLLA. That's pretty good, considering the 2009 was the first year of a new generation of Corolla.
  • blackdynamite1blackdynamite1 Posts: 7
    edited March 2012
    I know I'm impressed! :shades:

And it makes sense when you pair it back to back with the current car. It does carry over design elements, it just does so more aggressively:

http://www.newcarsfor2013.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2013-Toyota-Corolla.jpg- -
    BD
  • aladdinsanealaddinsane Posts: 182
    I like what I see for the Corolla in this pic.
    Any idea when this new version will be sold?
    2014?
    That sounds a forever away, especially since I'LL be in the market for new wheels soon.
    I could wait for it, but it still sounds as if this new version is far off.
    :(
    Whatcha think?
    Peace!<=AladdinSane<- :shades: -
  • Expect to see it late 2013-early 2014

If the current model's sales tank, then expect an earlier release.

Since the current car has held fast against the many new models on the market, I'd expect it around 2 years from today. ;)
    BD
    Howdy friend...
    Thanx for the reply.
    I appreciate it.
    No matter what the naysayers may say I still dig the Corolla "S" and the machine's general simplicity.
    I have more to comment on concerning the Corolla, but I don't wish to bore you.
    Anyway, thanx again mate.
    Peace<=AladdinSane-<- :shades:
  • Keep in mind, as it seems you are overseas, I was referring to the timeframe for a U.S. launch. The U.S. is usually the last market to receive new Toyota designs, for a variety of reasons.

Toyota vehicles can launch up to one year earlier in foreign markets, so be on the lookout! :surprise:
    BD
    No brother...pure USA flavor here... ;)
    All good, though...
    And I do appreciate the replies, definitely...
    Peace!<=AladdinSane<= :shades: -
    Not much "all-new", right?
  • I'm user of used car Toyota Corolla, any feedback on mileage when you bought it?