Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• douglas1douglas1 Posts: 130
    edited July 2010
    I'm shopping for a 2011 Limited and am considering the Black/Bordeaux interior but there are none to look at within 200 miles of me. Has anyone got this interior? It's hard to tell what it looks like from the pictures. It appears from the pictures that the headliner is light gray, most of the interior is black with just the seating area Bordeaux. Is this correct and if you have it do you like it?

I's going to be hard to give up my 2005 Limited it's a fantastic car.
    Thanks.
  • bergaminibergamini Posts: 45
    edited July 2010
    The Black/Bordeaux is all black with a hint of "bordeaux" (burgundy). There is no contrasting colors except for the woodgrain trim. It is, IMHO, the best of the interior colors because, on the Limited models, the perforated leather seats on the ligher two colors (beige & gray) almost look two-tone this year because of the black color coming through the perforation. The black perforated looks much more even and elegant than the beige and gray perforated, again IMHO. My co-worker has an '09 LTD with gray interior and the perforations on the leather look SO much less noticeable than on the '11 LTD. They matched the fabric under the perforation to be more like the regular leather whereas in the '11 it is a contrast and I hate it.

Any of the Avalon colors are great but in Limited form, I would only go for the Bordeaux in the future. Those weird perforation colors on the lighter interiors annoy me.

The really annoying part is that the Avalon in Zephyr Blue you can get the black interior but on the Limited, you can't get the Bordeaux.
  • rotterdam6rotterdam6 Posts: 36
    Has anyone purchased a 2011 Avalon in blizzard pearl? Are you pleased with your choice? What color interior do you think is best with this color? Thanks for your help.
  • nan48nan48 Posts: 350
    edited July 2010
    I have a choice of the blizzard pearl or the silver. I'm taking the silver because the pearl has 1900 miles on it and the silver only 32. The dealer will give me both cars at the same price with no reduction for the pearl. So it must be a popular color. I have NOT yet bought my 2011. I hope to pick my Silver Avalon up tomorrow. Someone had a good post about buying the extended warranty from a guy named Jerry. :shades:
    If you don't mind telling us. What are you paying and is it the LTD. Thanks!
    You are correct in buying a new car. I've wholesaled cars for many years and this is the ONLY way to deal with a dealer buying a new car. Always get OTD price. Warranty is the same with all dealers. Thanks for you impute! Very wise!
  • iamknottiamknott Posts: 82
    In defense of the black mats, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I rather like them. My '11 has silver exterior and grey interior. The black mats are close enough to the color of the dashboard and the door trim to provide an accent color. My '07 had grey mats and after the first winter I could never seem to scrub the dark stains out of them.
    edited July 2010
    Well, I went and signed the final paper work today for my 11 model LTD. I did not get the navigation system but that's ok with me. My final price was 28,300 OTD price, with my 2000 XLS trade in. I got silver in color, plus the black mats, :blush:
    Thanks for the clarification. On the toyota website the Black/Bordeaux looks like it's just on the perforated seating areas and not the entire interior.

What is your exterior color?

Is the headliner a light gray or black? I sure wish I could get a good look at the Black/Bordeaux so I could make a decision on what to buy.
  • algeealgee Posts: 78
    I have the Black/Bordeaux

The Bordeaux is just on the seating areas of the seats. The rest of the seat is black. The carpet is black the door panels are black except the plastic paneling areas which are are brown/Bordeaux combo is the best I can describe the color. It really works well.

The headliner is light/medium gray. The loose carpets are black.

The whole combo, to me, is really great and to me looks very classy.

I have had the car for about 3K miles and no trouble at all.
    Gets 21-22 mpg around town with some highway and 28-30 on highway.

I would buy the car again with no qualms.
    Now I'm a bit confused after reading your response and bergamini's(#324) response.

I'm thinking about ordering a Magnetic Gray Metallic with the Black/Bordeaux but really need to see the Black/Bordeaux.

If I unlock my email would someone be kind enough to email me a couple of pictures so I could see?
    edited July 2010
    I'm not sure about unlocking my mail, my address is billforgrace@yahoo.com My can is Silver with Grey interior, with the black floor mats. I think the colors are ok with me, she don;t like them. Right now my hand is messed up hard to type. Black on black sounds nice, if you like black car. I know they are really nice but for me it would be a never ending task to keep my can clean if it was black, Good luck with your Avalon, we pick ours up Monday :) ,
  • tkaztkaz Posts: 69
    I wonder if Toyota made any changes in the high beam headlights since 2006? Comparing my high beams with my 2006 LTD to my wife's 2005 Sienna LTD there is significant difference in high beam head light coverage in the Sienna's favor. Both use the same bulb. I assume the difference is related to the lens design. Both have HID low beams and both have good low beam illumination.
    I just picked up my Silver Avalon LTD today. I honestly didn't know it was so big. The car barley can fit into my garage. Love to drive so far. I've had the privilege to own many luxury cars in my life time. This car so far seems like one of the best. More later. :shades:
    Since I've own many luxury cars in my life time, I think I can give a true honest opinion of this car later on. So far, I'm really impressed. I owned a 1996 Impala SS and this car would give that car a run for it''s money. Comparing the two cars is impossible, Impala SS was rear wheel drive, this of course is front wheel. So far love the car, MORE LATER! Any impute for us please jump in.
  • nceencee Posts: 419
    Wow, talk about apples and oranges.

1996 Impala … not sure these 2 cars are in the same class.

Now if you want to compare, my 1991 Park Avenue, was twice the car as my 2008 Avalon, sorry folks but it was.

337,000 miles later, I wish I still had this car.

My Avalon is a nice car, but the park Avenue, was a great car.

3 other Park Avenues, a Cutlas Supreme, 3 Pontiac Catalina's and 2 dozen other cars later …

1) 1966 Catalna 4 door
    2) Park Avenues
    3) Catalina 2 door coupe
    4) Cutlas Supreme
    5) Avalon
    nan48

impute is a verb = to attribute

input is a noun = advice, opinion, comment

Thanks. :)
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    Ncee,

Sounds like you are very much a GM guy. Surprised you wouldn't have replaced the Park Ave with a Lucerne. I test drove the 06 Lucerne before getting my 06 Avalon and felt the Avalon was the better vehicle.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

ncee,

My wife had a Park Avenue of the 1990-1992 vintage. It rode and handled like the Queen Mary and had a horn of similar volume. That fact played a key role in one of my family's most-loved stories. One quiet Sunday morning, Dear Wife called me from a grocery store parking lot to tell me that her car alarm had gone off and she couldn't get it to quit. I told her to drive it home and then told the kids to come outside and watch the fun. We could hear and see her coming a mile away, lights flashing, horn honking, and cars pulling over to get out of her way. Naturally, the alarm reset as soon as she pulled in the garage and turned the key to Off. She was to embarrassed to leave the house the rest of the day.
  • twinbtwinb Posts: 140
    Bwahahahahahahahha. What a funny story.