Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• fhimesfhimes Posts: 17
    Thanks! I found the pressure switch based on your info. What a location.
  • I also had tried to find the switch based on the owners manual picture. I immediately went out to the garage and indeed there is a push button switch under the dash. However holding the switch down did not turn out the tire pressure warning light. I have been told that one of the sensors has been damaged and replacement would cost over $200. Should the switch turn off the light with a damaged sensor?
  • twinbtwinb Posts: 140
    edited August 2010
    I'll chime in here too because I bought my '11 LTD without navigation for $32,900 before TTL at Gulf States-Houston on the Internet. Included were premium carpet floor mats (black because light gray have not yet been offered in the Avalon), rear bumper applique, & the vehicle shield package with lusterizing sealant cleaner/wax plus interior leather conditioning. Total suggested retail was a tad under $36,900. So far the car is everything I'd hoped it would be.
    edited August 2010
    Speaking of which, today I filled the tank in my '11 Limited with ethanol free gas and after figuring the mileage/amount of gas to fill the tank, I averaged 27.6 MPG, combined city/hwy miles with the air conditioner on 75% of the time. Needless to say I'm pleased and impressed. 'Tickled pink' would be an even better phrase.
    2 days with no new posts. Gotta be some kinda record. Am I a thread killer par excellence or what? hehe.
  • fhffhf Posts: 19
    Problem Solved .
    I took my 2011 Avalon Limited to the dealer and they found a loose connection. Now my Ipod gen 5.5 30GB works as described in the manual.
  • fhimesfhimes Posts: 17
    I purchased a 2011 Limited in May.I had written a message a few weeks ago that my interior and puddle lights on the outside rear view mirrors did not come on when I approached the car with the starter device in my pocket. Some of you responded that it takes a special setting by the dealer to make this happen. I finally learned from my dealer that this function only works when all the exterior doors are locked. No other settings are required. My lights work fine now. I do not remember this requirement being explained in the owner's manual.
  • algeealgee Posts: 77
    Mine don't work and all my doors are locked. Dealer is going to reset the computer settings.
  • _bill_wa_bill_wa Posts: 37
    edited August 2010
    1st post here: Past owner of a 2003 GLX Avalon, bought new, put 110,000 miles on it...1 bad oxygen........Was very pleased with that car.....sold to private party for "way more" than what a trade-in was worth.

1. Bought 2011 LTD, White, Navigation, etc.---Tax, license.....$37,851.81

2. Garage door opener, took a few trys, but works great.....manual was not written very clear for more that a few items for the 2011.

3. Have gotten as high as 29.4 mpg but as low as 24.6 mpg.....If you can purchase "straight gas" you are much better off.....car runs better and mileage is better but the cost for straight gas if more.

4. Just recently had the oil changed....Toyato service thought it called for "synthetic" but we checked "oil filler cap"....oil 5 - 30 weight.

General comments.....love the 6 speed transmission and the increase HP, better gas mileage than the 2003, quiet, seating is good, love the cooling/heated seats, cup holder is better thn the 2003.

Why would Toyato discontinue the Avalon series????? The demand is there, cheaper than a Lexus, with many of the same options.....AND the Avalon performs very well on "regular gas"....yea!!!!!!!

Ohhh 1 additional comment.....Nagivation is a "pain in the [non-permissible content removed]" but then I got spoiled with the Tom Tom 730, undates were free, could change/ask while driving...maybe there is a way to "work around" while driving????????
  • danhoustondanhouston Posts: 20
    edited September 2010
    does anyone know what/how much the factory to dealer incentive is for 2011 avalons? i'd like to purchase and have curiosity of a close estimate for the actual dealer's cost. currently, there's no incentives/rebates offered to customers.

thanks in advance
  • nan48nan48 Posts: 350
    When I purchase mine there was no incentives with the exception of a bad economy.
  • nan48nan48 Posts: 350
    edited September 2010
    The best way to buy a new car is this. ( In my humble opinion) Know what you want then get the dealers competing against one another with the price. With the ecomony the way it is this is easily done. Always get OTD (out the door price) which includes all hidden fees. Tell Dealers what you are doing and do just that. The better deals (again my opinion) are in the bigger towns. Like when I purchase my Avalon in Athens GA. I had better deals offered to me in Atlanta. I had one at 31,500. However when push came to shove, the dealer in Athens matched the deal I was offered in Atlanta and also beat the deal by 100 dollars. 31,500 was not OTD price but it was a start on getting a low price. Since I had to trade my 2000 Avalon in, it's truly hard to say what I gave but I'm happy. Look at post notes on this. If your financing then it's somewhat of a different ball game, ESPECIALLY if your using Toyota to finance. Hope this helps!
    Agreed. I told dealers what I wanted and asked for their lowest OTD price, less taxes & title. I never gave a price to them. After a half dozen submitted bids, I went around to them again saying their price was not the lowest & if they could beat what I had I'd make the deal; but I never told them a price. Eventually I got an eye-opener deal that no one could/would match and I bought my Limited.

As for the factory to dealer rebates, I'm betting dollars to donuts that no one knows except for the top management at the dealerships; I'd be surprised if even that's not negotiated.
  • nan48 & twinb, thanks both for the tips. yes, o-t-d- price is the way to go. i haven't yet started the shopping / bidding process, as i still have some time until the year's end. just curious of where or how we could find the dealer cash info. to get a better estimate of the actual cost
  • Greetings; After much experimenting, my 2011 Limited's puddle lamps & inside dome light illuminate 100% of the time when I leave the car and use the key fob lock switch. That securely locks the car & automatically lets the puddle lamps & inside lights come on when you near the car upon returning. Too bad it's taken me about 4 months to figure it out! No word of this seems to be in the instruction book--unless I have missed it.

Otherwise; all is great!

I hope this helps. Thanks ;)
  • tome1tome1 Posts: 10
    Thanks. Yes, I've finally seen mine work. Haven't used key fob though to lock car. Usually, just walk away or touch button on door handle. Yes, Owners Manual is pretty inadequate in this area.
  • I got mine to work, yesterday..........but had to use "fob". Don't understand why the "black buttons" on the door handles wouldn't do the same thing??????
  • I struggled with my puddle and mirror lights too for 3 months before I learned the doors have to be locked. However my lights now work when I lock the doors either with the black button on the door handle or the starter pocket device (fob).
  • Stopped by my dealer.....No recalls on anything........so that compass "thing" is not in a recall/fix list......at least not in Washington State.
  • My dealer in Houston also knew nothing about a compass fix coming from Toyota. My compass continues to lock up at times and than starts working again when the engine is shut off and restarted. My dealer checked my compass and could find nothing wrong. Of course it was working the day I took it in.