Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• Just got my new Avalon a few days ago, but can't seem to find body side moldings...they're available for most years up through 2010, but nothing for 2011. Anyone got any suggestions/links? Thank you.
  • douglas1douglas1 Posts: 130
    edited September 2010
    I just got mine from a Toyota dealer somewhere in the southeast on eBay. They are the same as 2010 and actually the same as the ones I got for my 2005 Avalon. I got them for about $75.00 delivered. Do a search on eBay for 2011 Avalon body side molding. I haven't had time to mine on yet they the color is definitely correct.

The dealer is Clearwater Toyota in Clearwater FL. You might want find the number and call them directly as I just checked and didn't see them on eBay now.
  • Thanks for the info...I thought of using the ones for '10, but didn't the '11 have a body refresh? I thought because of that, the '10's wouldn't fit.
  • twinbtwinb Posts: 140
    Yep the EL400's are on my '11 LTD. 27K miles with rotations & well maintained, eh? Guess there's a trade-off between soft rubber, a great ride, poor mileage & the opposite. Still, it'd be nice to get 40K on a set that'll cost well over $500 to replace.

Good to know the body side moldings are available somewhere. My local parts dept. doesn't have them, nor can they get the light gray carpet floor mats. Wonder if the mats from the '10 would fit into the '11? Whenever I've asked my parts dept. guy these questions he gives me that blank stare & says the '11 is changed from the '10.

And that ends my whining for today.
  • A little checking on the web shows the same stock number for aftermarket floor mats for the Avalon 2007-2011 (I didn't go back further). My guess is that OEM mats are the same for this generation Avalon. Toyota might have made some changes, but keeping the floor mats common would save a lot of money.

Pairing the current options down to a couple of colors just saves more.
  • nan48nan48 Posts: 350
    Sign into ebay and put this number in your search engine on ebay:

Item number on ebay: 310207133014
    Also this number on ebay: 350306829635

There are many to choose from. Body side moldings, hope this helps!
  • One of the main differences I've noticed is the ride. Much softer and quieter. Another thing is that the reflection that (at certain times) came off the dash was very hard on these old eyes. Like the new taillights and back up camera. Not many other differences other than a new speedo with 0 miles on it.
    Thanks for the info Pops and Bill.
  • Go to www.sportwing.com. They have painted body side moldings for your car. At the present time they are not charging for shipping.
    That's a neat site Schultz, thanks. I'm thinking of also passing it on to my grandson for his Silverado pickup, but I've got mixed feelings because I know it'll cost me $$$.
  • Has anyone else noticed that the wiper motor make a fairly loud whining noise during operation. My 2005 did this and it annoyed the hell out of me but the dealer said it was normal. Now I find my new 2011 Limited wiper motor making the same whining noise.

Does anyone else notice the wiper motor is unusually loud noise when operating?
  • nan48nan48 Posts: 350
    edited September 2010
    I have not noticed any noise coming from my wiper motor. No more than the usual noise you get with any wiper motor.
  • You have NO noise when your wipers are on? What is the usual noise from any whipper motor?

I can hear my wiper motor over the radio when I'm at a stop light and it's very annoying.
  • I have a 2011 Avalon Limited; about 6,500 miles...I have noticed no noises at all from the wiper motor------------F.Y.I.
    Ditto. Although we're in a drought here in the mountains, the wipers have come on a couple of times since I've owned the car & there was no noise.
  • While most buyers of Avalon's will not experience the total potential of the 268 hp V6 I found the following interesting. From Motor Trend mag test time of 6.2 secs. 0-60 and 1/4 mile time of 14.7 secs. These are fairly representive of the performance capabilties of our beloved musclecars of the late 60's and early 70's. Few if any of these old dinosaurs would best the Avalon and the kicker, these old musclecars would all knock down a solid 12 to 14 mpg. How times have changed.
  • gramzgramz Posts: 102
    I'll never forget in 1965 breaking 15 seconds in 65 Ford Fairlane GT with a 390 CI V8 You're right, times have changed.
  • finfin atlantaPosts: 586
    Interesting memories... In the early 60's a 14.9 quarter mile would almost win the trophy in the old Super Stock class. It took a 409 Chevy or a 427 Ford to do it. The 283 Chevy was a little slower stock but usually made up for that by winning in the old Gas classes. Back then, my modified '53 Ford could do 12.9 with slicks on a good pass....with street tires I drove it to school... It's really hard to imagine that you can buy a family sedan, like Avalon, and turn winning times from 1962... with more safety, twice the gas mileage, and a better ride to boot.... :) :)
  • According to MotorTrend my new Avalon would blow the doors the 67 390 CI Mustang Fastback I had in 1967. Let the good times roll.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    New tech vehicular or simply tires..??