Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• nan48nan48 Posts: 350
    edited January 2011
    Yea, because of this blog I happened to find out about Jerry too. :) It is a Toyota warranty and will increase the value of our cars. If we ever sell them. I hope I never have to use it but if WE do this our Warranty should pay for itself. Right? I'm curious, If I may ask, What warranty did you buy?
  • daveqdaveq Posts: 20
    8 years/75k. My other car, a 02 Camry bought in 01, is just now approaching 75k miles so I have no use for higher miles.
    Probably a good choice. I forget which one we went with now. But I'm sure it was 8 years. We don't drive much. I did hear the 2012 Avalon's was going to a mirror or the 2011's. This is a very good thing for owner of 2011's. I only have 36 hundred miles on my car. Like I said we don't drive much.
  • Bought a 2011 Avalon in mid-November '10. Since Day 1, the horn works intermittently, the compass is stuck on NE, intermittent wiper control is wired backwards, constant wipers cut off every once in a while. I don't get it -- if I bought a flatscreen TV at Best Buy that was defective, they'd just exchange it for another one. Why won't Toyota just exchange the defective car? I bought a new car so I wouldn't have to start dealing with problems with my old Avalon (2002 model). I have a case open with Toyota Corporate, but I think it'll be a long battle to get buyback initiated...
  • robsisrobsis Posts: 160
    I'm curious...what have they done so far to remedy your problems? Have they replaced the rear-view mirror compass assembly? Rewired the wiper stalk? Done nothing?
    edited January 2011
    When it comes to problems like this. A lot depends on the dealer. A lot of times you are pushed to the side, hoping your warranty will run out. Sometimes dealerships will take your problems seriously. Again a lot has to do with the dealer. You'll never get an exchange this I can assure you off. With all due respect, it's NOT like buying a TV at best buy. Once your car was titled then the value of your car/ my car/ everyone car, went down. I suspect a 20% loss in value. You are not comparing apples to apples when you say "I can take a TV back to Best buy" Hope this helps.
  • Reference the platinum warranty . Have not been looking at this site for a while . After reading the last msgs it seems as though some of you people have bought the warranty from Jerry .

Is this correct ?????

For the buyers of the 11 year Avalon how many years did you buy . and what did you pay ?????

Appreciate that info . Thanks in advance .

Not sure how the years work , we get 36 months and we buy additional 36 months for a total of 72 months .

the 37th month starts the new warranty and ends at the 72 nd month from the purchase date

Is that correct .

I have written down 8 yrs for 75000 miles Price 564 is that correct ????

Regards OLD MAN
    edited January 2011
    I bought the 8yr 100,000 mile from Jerry. I don't drive much but the extra miles will make a good selling point. That is IF I ever sell. I paid a little over 1,000 dollars. I'm not sure of the exact amount but it was more than 1,000 but less than 1,100. Everything was done professional and in a very timely manner. I received the booklet from Toyota of California, receipt of payment from Jerry. He said to pass the word around. He does make money, naturally, but he doesn't make as much as other dealers. A very nice man. Our dealership could NOT touch the price they said. In fact "they said" they pay more for the warranty than the price I paid. Of course, I know they MIGHT have not been lying. The price could be set by the dealership. Not the man giving me the price. Does that make sense? I hope this helps. My wife just said 1,139 she thought. I won't change all the above. :o)
    The Warranty starts the day you bought the car. So even though we bought a 8 year warranty is actually only a 5 additional years. Plus it is required you keep the maintenance up to date on your car, or warranty will be void. I really think it's a good investment. I hear of tales as electric, heated seats costing 3 grand. A dash cost over 2 grand. A rear view mirror costing 12 hundred. As you know the Limit has a lot of gadgets. I hope I NEVER has to use it but I have it and it makes me feel better. I KNOW it's an excellent selling point, and it is transferable to another person for a 50 dollar fee.
  • beekeroobeekeroo Posts: 4
    edited January 2011
  • beekeroobeekeroo Posts: 4
    edited January 2011
    edited January 2011
    That sounds right. I'm sure it's the same price oldman and I was quoted. I would act before prices goes up. I paid more but I bought the 8 yr. 100 mile warranty. For resell value. Hope this helps and welcome to our blog. I've learned a lot about Avalon's in here. Again, Welcome!
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Not sure Best Buy would exchange your TV either, unless you bought THEIR warranty plan for the product. Then they will, maybe.
    Recent trip from SC to Birmingham got an average of 26.6 MPG. Computer said I was getting a little better 27.8...Car was packed with suit cases, two people, etc. Road like a dream. MAYBE and MAYBE some wind noise around 80. Winds out side was mild on the way to Birmingham but strong on the way back. 36 thousand miles on this Avalon. FYI..........
  • gramzgramz Posts: 102
    I went ahead and purchased the extended toyota warranty from Jerry at Midwest Toyota in Kansas. I settled on the 7yr/125,000 option.

I called my dealer and asked him for a quote and he was about 2 time as much as Midwest Toyota, BUT after visiting with him awhile I think I know the difference. My dealer doesn't sell the Toyota warranty. The one he sells is bumper to bumper. The Toyota one has a number of exceptions. My dealer was seemed like he wanted all the work to be done at his shop which leads me to believe other dealers may not recognize it.

The one from Jerry satisfies my requirements, the price was right and Jerry was a pleasure to deal with.

I've got my confirmation from him and the warranty will be coming directly from Toyota.

I have 12,750 miles on my car now and haven't changed the computer gas mileage since I bought it. My driving habit have changes and I'm in Phoenix for the winter with lots of traffic. My average mileage up to now is 27.3 mpg. I've been extremely happy with the car and hope I can put 125,000 miles on it without using the warranty.
  • robsisrobsis Posts: 160
    Gramz,

I live in Flag and love how the Avy comes up the hill from the valley...nary a blip with an occasional downshift from 6th to 5th....and the mileage is excellent!

Come visit! The traffic is tolerable and the downtown is fun! :shades:
    Is there a way to reset the computer? You sounded like you was saying you could do that. Perhaps I misunderstood you. My computer is always off on my mpg. I'm not surprised by that. I've actually got better mileage than my computer claims. However most the time it's not better. My driving habits are MUCH better now. I know the power is there, if I ever need it. I am happy with everything about the car. Amazed on how the shifting is. One heck of a car.

Good choice gramz on the warranty. Seems like you drive much more than me. I only hope I get one oil change in before the free maintenance runs out. :)
  • gramzgramz Posts: 102
    I'm not sure what you're asking but you can reset the mpg and start over. Many people do this to just check mileage for a trip. I don't have my manual handy but I think you just hold the button down and it will zero out.
    Thanks Gramz, Yea, I know to reset the trip button. I figure the gas mileage on EVERY fill up. Write it down and see what I'm getting. In fact I write EVERYTHING down I do to the car in a little black book. Plus naturally I keep all receipts. When you go to sell the car this will help the resell value tremulously.

If my wife would leave some things at home we probably would get better gas mileage on trips. She's the type of woman who wants to take EXTRA clothes, drinks, etc. Thanks again,
  • donb1donb1 Posts: 47
    To reset the computer hit the Display button until you get the information you are seeking then press the display button again until it resets. You can do this to all the cumulative displays as well.

Don B