Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• robsisrobsis Posts: 160
    Didn't cost me a penny.......but I do have about .37 in my pocket most of the time, just in case! :P

Also, I was surprised to find how cheap the OE Japanese blades were for my FJC at the dealer. Only about 6 bucks apiece with their quarterly 'wiper blade' coupon...worth it for no more chatter city.

Never did ask the dealer what it would have cost me if I had to pay..and the slip just says 'warranty' with no price. I think I'll try my old standby, wipers123.com, when the time comes for replacement. They run specials all the time and they have lots of options running from cheap to luxury...at least luxury for wiper blades... :shades:
  • nan48nan48 Posts: 350
    I didn't get any coupons like that. What I did get was a coupon for a free pin strip. It's a nice touch.

My wiper really bothers me on slow speed. I figure it's because they are new. Now at least I know what to ask for.
  • jim3jim3 Posts: 19
    Does the seat belt reminder bell annoy you folks as much as it does me? I asked the dealer to disable it, and he said he couldn't. by law.
  • nceencee Posts: 419
    It only annoys me, until I plug it in, and then it stops:)

It also stops after about 60 seconds if you choose not to use it, at least it does on my 2008.

What annoys me more, is when the passengers don't hear, notice or wonder what the bell is ringing for, until they realize they need to buckle-up.

Skip
    I wouldn't do that either - except that would mean, not driving it for 4+- months here in Maine:)

Skip
  • I did it Go to "How to disable a seatbelt alarm on a Toyota" on goggle
    It works just follow the instrucitons don't belive there is any law that
    requires an alarm, dealer is taking the easy and safetest way out to protect the dealership..............
    Well, it certainly annoys me a lot. The warning will go off but by that time it's ringing in my head. I can understand a dealer not disconnecting it. I'm don't think I would either. It is a safety feature and it works. Annoying YES!

I reset my computer like someone said. Seems to work much better. The computer that tells you what MPG you're getting. I'm getting close to 4000 miles on my Avalon. My first oil change is coming due soon.

Living in GA we have yearly taxes on our cars/trucks. I just got mine and it was 400 dollars for this Avalon. OUCH! I mean that's high, VERY!
  • Is that a "road priviledge tax and tag registration" like in Mississippi ? This means that car tags are high, but by design, it taxes the only real property that some folks own.

Without this tax structure, homeowner's property taxes would be much higher.
  • douglas1douglas1 Posts: 130
    Thank You, Thank You, Thank you. Should have thought about Google. I've been trying to find the right wire to disconnect, it was easy on my 2005 Avalon, but couldn't find the right one on my 2011. . . too many wires under there.

Problem solved and thanks again.
    Yearly taxes on top of registration?

I paid over $800.00 the first year I got my Avalon, $710.00 the next year and $540.00 the next. The lowest it will go is about $120.00 per year, once the car is 8 years old.
    edited February 2011
    Without this tax structure, homeowner's property taxes would be much higher.

Sorry I totally disagree with that statement. Tennessee has no car tax and their property tax is also lower per millage rate than GA.

Florida has no car tax and like Tennessee has no income tax. Florida property taxes is much higher than GA.'s

Ga. car taxes seem high. Then I read a post where a person is paying almost double. My taxes should go down every year.

I'm am formerly from TN. great place to live with LOW taxes.

Hope this helps. ANY one with tax information on their car please share.
  • robsisrobsis Posts: 160
    We paid over $600 VLT for our Limited here in AZ. It goes down every year with the value of the vehicle; however, we are skewed here in AZ as the Native Americans, a large part of our population, don't pay any VLT at all on their vehicles, thus the rest of those paying have to make it up by paying more. The argument is they have dirt roads on the Res (and there is a faction that says it is a right since 'we' took their land...don't want to get into that issue at all....); however, they use all the same roads (highways, etc.) that everyone else does but do not have to pay for the maintenance at all through the VLT. Just a pet peeve of mine.... :mad:
  • I, too, am formerly from TN. TN has a lower property tax rate, but one of the highest sales tax rates in the U.S. Most cities, or counties, also collect a yearly "privilege" fee (sticker) for vehicles. GA has a much lower sales tax so they add in a car tax.

The states are going to get their money one way or another, just saying.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    "Memphis" is moving into Mississippi.
    I understand US giving tax breaks to certain people. I understand the reasoning behind such actions. I simply disagree. We can't totally undue our wrongs in the past. Theirs no way we can. We are ALL Americans, and we are a YOUNG nation and making the same mistakes Rome made. Where does tax breaks, free college, freebies stop in life? Congressman are over paid, drug companies lobbying for their drugs, big insurance don't want to give insurance to pre-existing conditions, all these companies have lobbiest in Washington to get their agenda across. It's time to put our foot down and take our nation back.

I know my taxes here in GA. are cheaper than most states. I know TN sales tax is higher than GA's. Sometimes I think the flat rate tax is the way to go.

Frankly, I think the nation needs to step back and completely restructure everything. Just my thoughts.

You want to pay the national dept off. It's a easy fix. Put Americans to work. STOP Nafta. If our factories come back, welfare slows down, taxes are made off people working, and companies producing, etc. Ross Parole said this would happen and he was right. We are a nation that makes nothing and consumes everything. Someday it will come crashing down. Perhaps sooner than later. Now these are just my thoughts.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Living in GA we have yearly taxes on our cars/trucks. I just got mine and it was 400 dollars for this Avalon. OUCH! I mean that's high, VERY!

You wouldn't like Nevada then, it's about $2,000 to register a new Lexus.
  • yankeryanker Posts: 156
    Nafta is a great success we need to trade with our# 1 partner Canada.2Bankers are overpaid and so are oil company officials If you run an agency that has 500 people you should executivesbe paid at the same rate as industrial The real problem in this country is the stupidity of the American people. They don't know any economic and run on 19th century ideas Conservatives from the South are the problem
  • yankeryanker Posts: 156
    We had the same problem and the dealer refused to change saying it was too expensive and try to live with it The kic was right on trying to save us dsome money but 45 windshield wiper blades is rediculous
  • gramzgramz Posts: 105
    Yes, I love my Avalon, glad you asked.
    Our problem ***IS*** Nafta....everything we buy is made over seas. Soon China is going to import cars. In the late 70 and late 80's Japan was over running our country with cheap imports. We STOPPED that buy taxing the cars coming in. In return Japan starting building factories here. PUTTING Americans to work. China will NEVER do this. IF we stop imports and we won't. Then we put American's to work. Our MOTO should be , "if you want to sell it here, then build it here". Just think of the tax dollars coming from that idea.

The conservative South is the problem. Give me a break!