Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• nceencee Posts: 419
    I stopped by the dealer and told them that the new wiper arms / blades not only didn't make it better É it made it worst!

He informed me that Toyota has just come out with new wiper blades, that he feels is to help cure this issue, but that Toyota wasn't just replacing them for no reason, and seeing he just replaced my blades and arms, he'd have to check with Toyota to see what to do next.

Hell the 2013 MAY get announced this coming thursday, maybe I'll just wait and see.

Skip
  • nan48nan48 Posts: 350
    I would say it's your dealership NOT wanting to replace the wipers. Dealerships are all different. I had no problem AT ALL getting them to replace my entire wiper arm and others in here have had no problems getting theirs replaced either. There is a problem, it's logged into Toyota's data banks, so I'm sure they know about this problem. The problem shows up more in Washington state where there is a lot of rain but the wiper's do have a problem. It can be fixed. Hope this helps!
  • neil5neil5 Posts: 118
    I have had my LTD 2006 for many years. No wiper issues, I just get rainX latitudes at walmart and good to go. Only problem with car has been the L Xenon self balancing motion stopped but Headlights are fine otherwise. Great car can't let it go until the new 2013
  • _bill_wa_bill_wa Posts: 37
    I posted , on page 66, item number 1296.....my problem with my 2011 LTD Avalon, noisy wipers....

bottom line.....factory fix......no noise.....took NEW ARMS and NEW BLADES.........If your dealer is telling you he doesn't know about any fix........THE DEALER is lieing to you!!!!!

I live in zip code 98520......have lot's of rain, so I know about quiet wipers.....now I have them....
    I live in zip code 98520......have lot's of rain, so I know about quiet wipers.....now I have them....

Bill from wa is right. I had to tell them to "look it up", I told them that on the West Coast they had more problems than here in Ga/SC. Not much rain here. Avalon went in, techs got a hold of it, came out with new arms and blades, problem was sloved. Hope this helps!
  • pat147pat147 Posts: 1
    I bought a 2011 Avalon and thru my own fault I wore the car battery down to nothing. This being the case, I was unable to open the trunck with the release on the dash board, the key fob, or the button on the trunk.

Two dealers said that there used to be a key lock hidden on the trunk in previous models but could not find one on the 2011 Limited.

How do I get into the trunk in this situation. Also, there is no valet lockout on this car so that wasn't the problem.
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    The only way I could think of is to open the pass through from the rear seat and with some sort of long pole, use the emergency release located in the trunk. I believe it glows in the dark so it should be visible.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• _bill_wa_bill_wa Posts: 37
    I wanta know "how you wore the battery down to nothing"??????? Sound like you need to get a battery charger.....could save you lot's of problems in the future.

I do wish, they had the glove box switch to disable the "trunk switch", was a nice feature in my 2004 Avalon, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to Toyato.
  • marv15marv15 Posts: 32
    http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/05/2013-toyota-avalon-2012-new-york/

Not sure I like the front grill placement. Have to see it in person.
  • I'm not sure I like the bulbous front end. I do like the rear though. I'd like to see how big the rear deck is. With the looks of that sloping rear window it must be huge. I see they removed most of the wood trim in the interior. The multi-function buttons on the steering wheel look interesting. I don't like the looks of the two obvious holes that are the cup holders. The back-lit display appears to be easier to read than the current one.
    I can't wait to see, feel and drive one, but until then, can we get some spec's?

- Rear room, more or less then current model?
    - Just how smooth / quiet is it?
    - Price range?

I'm thinking from these photo's, there will be one in my driveway this fall:) (Dark Blue)

Skip
    edited April 2012
    I've never been a fan of a long back window. I remember driving the 73 Ford Fast back and you could not see out the back. Usless window on the Ford. Lets hope the rear window is not like that.

First thing I saw I didn't like was the cup holders.

I would have to see the specs before I fall in love with this new Avalon.

I do love the so called "Duel Exaust" pipes. Very well done. Again I would like to see the specs. Lost of power? More MPG? Room in the back?

I have several compliments on people riding in the back our Avalon. One person said it's almost like riding in a limo. Just have to wait and see for me. Not a big rush with 16 thousand miles on my 2011 and my big extended warrenty.

Just found a picture of the 2013 Avalon, I don't know, I don't believe the back window is anything like the 73 Ford Fastback, close but I bet you could see out of this window, I did find out the 2013 has less horsepower 3.0 engine, We have a 3.5 engine, 248 pounds of torque at 4700 RPM, the 2011 is faster but probably the 2013 is better on gas. ? ?

Photobucket
  • In so far as wheelbase length, if the NY Auto Show reveal of dimension is correct, then it is the same as 2011 and 2012. This then places the interior dimensions of the cabin on the redesign. Overall width may be wider and length may be longer to provide the roominess that the videos allude to. Interesting, though I wish the QNX OS was used in lieu of MS Sync electronics.
    "I'll be looking for someone who can make a new name badge for the front and back:), then this car will be complete:)

http://www.designsbyskip.com/oldcars.htm"

Skip
  • Nan48.....where did you hear the 2013 Avalon will have a 3.0 liter engine?
    As soon as I can get one of these made, it will replace the front and back ones on the new model, and then it will be complete:)

Just a bit more class.

Skip
    Looks like the passengers will be able to control the air / heat right from the back seat?

- http://www.leftlanenews.com/photos/toyota-avalon-2013-picture-11.html