Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• nceencee Posts: 419
    edited April 2012
    Not sure, but I think I'd would have rather seen the mirror bezels painted the same color as the car?

Skip

http://www.leftlanenews.com/photos/toyota-avalon-2013-picture-6.html
  • gramzgramz Posts: 105
    Sure an ugly seam on the left side of the dash on picture 10.

Looks like 80 is still straight up on the speedometer.

Cup holders look like an after thought.

My 2011 may turn into a high mileage vehicle. We'll see
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    I'll have to see it in person but I'm not liking the front one bit and the overall profile looks a lot like a newer Sonata.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• nan48nan48 Posts: 350
    I'm not sure but there are, what seems to be buttons in the back. You might be right. I wonder about the leg room. Is it the same?
    http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-187454.html

In this ad on the internet, it says they won't tell you the MPG till spring. I think Spring has Sprung. So anyone out there know?

I probably won't tade in because there seems to be a price increase and I haven't seen anything on a Limited yet. I suspect later on in the year they'll have a LTD. (Limited)

I might look at a Prius C, if I went for MPG. I like the speed and the MPG of the 2011 and 2012. Avalon, but that's me and we don't drive a lot.
  • Do you still have those new ivory carpeted floor mats. If so, I would be interested. I have a 2011 avalon with the ivory interior that came with the black mats. I think Toyotas idea of constrasting colors leave much to be desired aesthetically.
  • marv15marv15 Posts: 32
    Here is an excerpt "And speaking of faces: is that a gigantic chrome egg-crate- textured, horizontal water-melon hanging out of the front of the “all new, emotional” Toyota Avalon? Yet another “all new” Toyota face, another brand striving for consistent visual identity?

“Faces” on cars do matter, folks! And not that many car companies understand that."
    from
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/boblutz/2012/04/11/how-designers-put-a-face-on-cars/- - 2/

This is the part of the new design I can't warm up to, it's overdone. I might stay with my 2011 Avalon.
    I wish I could see it. I'm not connected to face book. :(
  • nceencee Posts: 419
    I'll wait to see the final production, but it's KIND OF growing on me:) Of course that might be me hoping the final version is a bit smaller.

Skip
    edited April 2012
    Photobucket

Now let me know what everyone thinks of the 2013 Avalon front Grill. Is it a face only a mother can love? hmmmmmm, it's certainly different!
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    I really don't like it, buuuutttt if the car was great in every other way it could be liveable.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

I think Toyota developed a bumper into a grill. I haven't looked at one in person but it looks like it's a grill, perhaps to let the engine cool better and give it better MPG. ?? It's different. Unless it improves the proformance, I personally don't like the new grill but I would have to let you know for certain when I see one close up.

I did read articles that said "Toyota was trying to appeal to younger group". One article said Toyota's Avalon comes with a free membership to AARP. And so on.

For now all I can say it's a change. I'm not sure how that plastic shinny so called crome would hold up to 80 MPH bugs slamming into it, in the country. Any thoughts on that. Knowing Toyota they tested for that.

For now, my 2011 Avalon LTD, with 16 thousand miles is just fine. I paid 3.66 per gallon for gas yesterday, OUCH! My next car might be a Prius. MIGHT!
  • geo123geo123 Posts: 33
    From this picture I think the front grill is absolutely ulgy! Also, it does not look practical. Damage would be major with the least little incident to the front. The rest of the car especialy the side view looks pretty good. I was hoping for a more conservative grill something like on the front of the Lexus. Just my two cents!
  • marv15marv15 Posts: 32
    I don't mind a couple of dings on my front bumper, but now there is none. Also, if in NJ, where do you put the front license plate, unless they did away with it. Make the grill a little smaller, move it up to take the place of where the Toyota insignia is, and center it (replacing the smaller grill opening) between the head lights where the narrow smaller opening now is. Then you have an overall winner, and a car with a bumper returned (slightly ahead of the grill so if touched by another car, in parking, the bumper is touched first, not the grill) and a place to hang a plate. Just my humble thoughts. Other then that, this sounds like the best Avalon to date. If they do this, I'm a buyer. I hope they see the light and make the change. That seems to be the major complaint from all I've been reading, hopefully they read it too. As it is, I won't buy it, it's not practical. They didn't think it through. When they got rid of the old real chrome steel bumpers, to plastic that was one thing, but to get rid of a bumper in the front is nuts. Good luck to all.
  • robsisrobsis Posts: 160
    edited April 2012
    I remember a few pages back about some speaking of a slight loosness in their steering columns. My wife started noticing a slight click in the column and you could feel it move when you drove, so I thought it was just a loose adjustment. Took it into the dealer, who agreed that there was a looseness; however, the senior mechanic said the click that came with the slight (1/8th inch or less) movement was a defect and they are replacing the entire column under warranty.

Will keep the board informed once it is replaced. The Service Manager did not respond when I asked them if their was a TSB out about this...and I'm truly surprised at how fast they are just replacing the entire column.
    I had the slight movement but no clicking. I mentioned it to the dealer but they checked the front end. It's only moving a little and only notice by me. With that said my wife said she finally notice it the other day. Please keep us update on your steering problem.
  • _bill_wa_bill_wa Posts: 37
    Did a search on the net, came up with the following site:

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/327965/20120413/2013-avalon-toyota-specs-picture- s-new-york.htm

2013 looks good, like the following features......what I didn't like was going back to 210 HP vs. the 268 HP the 2011 and 2012 have.....Hope the 210 HP is a mistake, I like that "extra zip" when I need it......at a little over 27,000 miles, my gas mileage, kept in a book, is a little under 28 mpg......leave the hp alone and give me the "sports suspension", I would be happy.

"The redesigned Avalon does come with a lot of swanky trim, from touch controls for climate and audio to "special lighting, including ambient night illumination," but more interesting is the fact that it will come with three driving modes: Eco, normal and sport."
  • robsisrobsis Posts: 160
    Well, steering column now replaced, AND WHAT A DIFFERENCE! No movement in the column at all, no clicking. Steering is tight and much better than ever. It has never felt this good. I was actually just expecting the clicking to go away but the solid nature of the steering with this replacement is noticeably improved.
    :D
    My problem is my steering only moves slightly sometimes. It's not a problem that others notice. Can you describe your problem better to me.

When I last took my car in to be checked, they check out the front end. I know there's no problem in the front end. The movement is almost something I got use to but I would like for it NOT to move any.

So can you tell me in detail more about how your column acted and what did you say to your tech to make them take notice.

Thank you for your time, 2011 Avalon 17 thousand miles