Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Toyota Avalon

1818283848587»

Comments

• nan48nan48 Posts: 350
    edited November 2013
    Skip, I agree totally. I'm guessing it's about the almighty dollar. I suspect it cost LESS to produce a smaller car.

I also suspect the 2012 Avalon is the last of the big cars you'll see. I hope that isn't true but I'm guessing it is.

If I go smaller than I might REALLY go smaller and buy a Prius C. I might, my wife says, "yea, wait to you drive one, then you'll see, you'll never buy a car that small". Don't get me wrong, we've bought and sold tons and tons of Honda's, Toyota's, etc., small cars in the past.

My 2011 still has a lot of life left in it. So for now I'll just keep mine unless I was offered the right money for it. I mean everything is for sale, right? (except the wife and dog) At least it's been that way in my house.

I guess I should state my back ground was dealing/whole selling cars to big dealerships. One rule we had in the business was "NEVER fall in LOVE with your inventory". Hard rule to follow but a good one. My wife reminds me that HER 2011 Avalon is NOT in my inventory. Plus I've been out of that business nearly 25 years. lol, boy time flies.

Stay Warm, Bill/Nan48
  • neil1neil1 Posts: 17
    Agree that the back seat is great - or at least that's what our passengers tell us. But I think the back seat was designed at the expense of some trunk space? We travel frequently and our Lexus ES 300 (a smaller car) seemed to have much more usable trunk space that our 2011 limited.
  • lntlnt Posts: 188

I am just wondering if the 2012 Avalons are any quieter than the 2011's? I know they are the same car, but thought maybe they added some insulation or something for 2012's. I went for a test drive in the Azera with my son and it was so much quieter than my Avalon! By the way, the blizzard pearl 2011 that I bought last summer was in a wreck Dec. 17. A man ran a stop sign and hit my rear wheel. Did $4,000 worth of damage to axle, suspension, etc. So it is in the shop right now. I am afraid it won't drive the same when I get it back. I know I won't be able to get anything for it if I want to trade it in if I don't like the way it drives when I get it back. Was just wondering about quietness of 2012's just in case I might want to trade it. Know I would lose a bundle of money! Any advice out there?

• gramzgramz Posts: 102

Maybe you will luck out and with the body shop. I had around $6,5500 to the left front and it drives the same now as before the accident. Good Luck.

Well, that makes me feel a lot better! I don't know anything about this body shop. The Toyota dealership uses it for all of its body work, so I hope it's good. It is somewhere in Dallas. Called "Concours Paint and Body. I'm ready to get it back. Tired of driving this little 4 cylinder Chrysler 200!!

• finfin atlantaPosts: 586

Ok... INT make sure you realize that a wrecked and repaired Avalon, or any other newer car, is worth less than one that has never been wrecked. Ask for compensation from the driver that hit you...above the amount of the repairs because you have lost value in the car. The insurance company owes you a satisfactory repair and settlement.

Oh, I DO realize that my car is practically worthless as a trade-in now! So how do I recoop the loss? Sue the insurance company for more than the repairs? I will make sure it drives the same and looks the same before I sign a release, but didn't know there was a possibility of getting more. Hopefully, it will last me the rest of my driving life! I had planned on it being my last car anyway, but only if it rides, drives, and looks like it did before.

Well, my 2011 Avalon has been in the body shop for 46 days!! Supposed to get it Monday. I barely remember what it looked like before it was wrecked. Can't image why it has taken so long to fix it. Can't wait to get it back. A little nervous, though, that it won't ever be the same again. After driving this Chrysler 200, it'll probably feel awesome, though. Fin, how do I go about filing a lawsuit for loss of value? Does my insurance company do that for me or do I have to get a lawyer?

• finfin atlantaPosts: 586
    edited January 25

Can't give you exact advice, you are probably not in Georgia anyway.. but.. most insurance companies are familiar with this concept, my opinion, it is well known. Suggest you discuss it with the adjuster or company handling your claim or your insurance company. See if they offer anything for "diminished value" as a wreck repaired car is not original and worth less. If so, good, negotiate something. If not, ask a personal injury lawyer near you about it. He/she will advise you on what to do. The mere suggestion that you will involve a lawyer may make them offer something, maybe. This is especially true if the wreck was_ not_ your fault. If it was, perhaps a different story... Hope this helps....

Used my extended warranty from the midwest organization a couple of days ago for a $355.00 oxygen sensor and a $188.00 leaking power steering return line. Both items were covered 100%.

@gramz said: Used my extended warranty from the midwest organization a couple of days ago for a $355.00 oxygen sensor and a $188.00 leaking power steering return line. Both items were covered 100%.

The warranty also covered a rental for 3 days while awaiting parts.