Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A6

Comments

• what is the S-Line that i keep hearing about? the A6 i bought is that tannish-gold color, which im not to fond about, but it has tan leather with the wood grain dash, extremely clean for the miles that is has on it. yeah it does have the tiptronic 5 speed in it. Im pretty sure its still completely stock but that car sure can move.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    Well, "S-Line" used to mean that you got an Audi that was a little more special than the regular ones. IIRC, you got sport seats, sport suspension, bigger wheels, performance tires, aerodynamics kit, and some upgraded trim pieces. Now it's basically just a badge job. :sick: A pricey one at that. You get S-Line badges and you might still get a different front fascia. Check Audi's site for details.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    It's not just a badge job.

All 08 models have S line exterior standard. 18 inch 5 arm wheels, painted rear lower diffusor (was black plastic), more aggresive lower front spoiler and S line grill and interior badging are now included @ N/C.

The S line interior is $2000 extra, and that gives you the birch trim, sport seats, sport wheel and shifter.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,207
    in a better world, a "sport" package or "S" badge has something to do with spring rate, sway bar diameter, ride height and shock/damper characteristics. Those things cost actual money to develop and keep track of, while cladding and different tires/wheels don't. Besides which, it's easy to add tire/wheel mods later -- the real stuff, not so much.
  • fluid15fluid15 Posts: 60
    Agreed. Sport should mean performance and since this isn't an actual 'S' model, the priority should be on handling components and secondary on the seats/trim to hold you place during the spirited driving.
  • torino5torino5 Posts: 4
    Is anyone know how to change date and time on MMI and on bottom of tacometer(instrument cluster).I was reading manual for few times,but I didn't find any helpful information.
  • kgarykgary Posts: 180
    If you choose radio in the MMI function there is a sub menus for time and date.
  • dave174dave174 Posts: 25
    Been looking for some months now among the Audi A6, Lexus GS 350, yea the Infiniti G35, and the Hyundai Genesis V8.

This is what I was offered by Audi
    6 cyl quattro AWD, premium pkg, tech package, S line interior pkg, music interface, nav system, 19" wheels, sport suspension, without any state taxes fees etc cost $46,704 with .9% APR.

Seems like a fair deal to me
  • dave174dave174 Posts: 25
    to all, bought the car A6 yesterday at the above price. Getting windows tinted tomorrow. Best experience dealing with Brian M with Audi Mission Viejo Ca. All aspects of the sale were flawless and professional. No pressure at all, take your time ,ask any questions you have and when your ready we can begin. Everyone I spoke with knew everything about all the models and their competition. I understand that Audi has first rate training schools for sales and service, it sure showed. Its the wife's car and she is really excited. They sold 14 cars from 4PM-8PM when I was there. Happy to be 1 of the 14. We made a great decision to go with Audi and Audi Mission Viejo
  • audigalaudigal Posts: 1
    Hi harryly.
    I don't know if you're still reading these message boards, but I'm curious about the result from your brake pad and catalytic converter issues. Coincidentally, I'm having the same issue right now. The difference is mine is a '02 A4, with about 77,000 miles.
    I had 80,000 mile preventative 4 weeks ago. Then, 3 weeks ago, the brake pad waring light came one. I took it back to the dealer and was told by my Audi Service technician that my brakes are good and to ignore the warning light. Then, at the end of last week, the MIL light came on. I took my car in yesterday, and this morning I'm told that the reset it, my car passed the trouble test, and that I can come pick it up without repair (like you said, they require 2 failures). This all just seems wrong.

What was your outcome?
  • I purchased an A6 last August. Since then, I have been driven a loaner car (A4) almost 9 weeks becasue my a6 has been kept by local audi dealer to fix a probelm.

Even if they have spent total 9 weeks to figure out and been trying to resolve the issue the car has, still they have not resolved the issue. Now what can i handle this situation?

I am very skeptical to keep that. In order to evade a lemon law, they have not wanted to release the car before they confirm that the issue is resolved.

This means that I may drive a4 several weeks more.

I am really regretting about purchasing a A6 instead of lexus GS series ( expected better reliability).

the best thing I want is to return and purchase another brand.

Any suggestion for this situation would be appreciated.

Thanks a ton.
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Posts: 1,653
    Has your long term A4 loaner experienced any problems?

The 09 A4 is very attractive and similar in size to the A6. Or if you like the Euro feel there are others that are compelling (C class, 5 series etc)

This is assuming you could get out of your existing situation. I would followup with the lemon law; 9 weeks is unacceptable

It's difficult to stay with a brand after a bad (terrible) experience
  • Just wondering if anyone had suggestions for replacement tires for my Audi A6 Avant. Mostly highway driving in the Midwest with 3-4 snows per year. Not looking to change tires seasonally so touring all-season tires most practical. I have ContiPro 245/45/17 inch tires now that made it almost 35,000 miles. I would like a tire with a little better wear but no increase in road noise. Research thus far shows good marks for General Altimax HP and poor marks for Michelin Pilot MXM4. Any info would be appreciated.
  • mark49mark49 Posts: 5
    Just bought a model stated wondering what the large service costs on avarage and the small service oil change basic? Love driving the car
  • erickplerickpl Posts: 2,735
    Haven't had any major costs on my wife's 05 A6 3.2. It's all been under warranty.

That said, I do as much as I can myself. I replaced her brakes myself easily. I do the oil changes (the filter is on TOP and easy to get to) and I have a fluid extractor to get the oil out, but I can put it on wheel ramps to get the remaining oils out. The ONLY thing hers will see the dealer for is if something breaks.

-Paul
  • allmet33allmet33 Posts: 3,557
    Good day to all of you. This past weekend, my wife and I purchased an '04 A6 3.0 Quattro with 63K miles on it. The car was in better than good condition, but slightly less than excellent. The maintenance was on point and it showed. The car drives, rides and performs extremely well and I think we made a good purchase. My question to the forum is...should there be things I need to look for on this car? Is it known to have any issues that have plagued other owners??? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Congrats, Mike. Nice to see you over here! :)
    Thanks Pat, I promise to play nice over here! ;)
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    It never occurred to me you would do otherwise. :shades:

Tell us more about your A6. Were you looking to add a car or did something just work out for you? You do still have your Azera?
    :blush: Oh Pat!

Actually...unloaded the '07 Saturn Outlook which was our 2nd vehicle, so we needed to replace it. So...it was really a move to scale back, however...walking into this deal, it was hard to walk away from it. Not to mention, it made the wife happy, so it was a win/win deal!!!

We started looking Thursday evening and came across one that was just in terrible condition. The salesman said, "Yeah...she's a tomboy, but when you take her out to run...she'll show you just how she can go." Sorry...I'll pass. The 2nd one was actually a twin of the one we ended up buying, but with 30K more miles and a cigarette smell on the inside. We left, but kept it on our list.

Friday morning, our first stop was where we found the one we bought. The exterior was practically pristine to be honest. Hard to believe it was an '04 with 63K miles. Got in and interior was immaculate, no worn buttons, no buttons or knobs broken and the rear seats don't even look like they've been sat in. Front seats have, but don't look like they are 5 years old at all (actually better condition than the leather in my 3 year old Azera). Carfax showed only 2 previous owners and the maintenance was kept up faithfully. That final push was that the wife fell in love with it. Took it for a test spin and everything was just so easy to fall in love with...I actually want one for myself! LOL

The only negative thing we've found is that it didn't have the 2nd remote key and the rear speakers don't work (non-Bose system) which isn't a problem for me as I intended to upgrade the sound system anyway. :shades:

I still have my Azera, as the plan is to drive it till the wheels fall off (sounds good, right?).