Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A6

Comments

• timcartimcar Posts: 363
    If Mendham (Morris County) works for you, I've been pleased with Audi of Mendham. Got two cars through Bonnie Manniello. She's very good to do business with. E-mail me if you want any more info.
  • antbartantbart Posts: 3
    I went to lease an A6 2.8 b/c of that special thats going on right now. BUT the problem is that the deal has been going on for about a month and most of the colors I want are not available.
    I'm not stupid and realize that the 2.7t is much better but I'm not sure about the price until I went to the dealership yesterday and was made an amazing offer.
    First of all, all the other dealerships that I have been to gave me a 39 mo lease price on the 2.7t for $578 w/ $1600 out of pocket, which was a bit too much for me. BUT yesterday someone offered me a 39 mo lease at $499 w/ $2000 out of pocket.
    The car includes premium package, bose stereo, col weather pkg.
    The msrp is $45,500.
    Can someone let me know what they think of this deal?
    I've read that the mileage is only 10K a year, and over mileage is a killer. Don't remember what it was, but check it out. IMHO, $2K out-of-pocket isn't great. My out-of-pocket was $100 through a credit union, with monthly lease amount approximate to STANDARD Audi Financial deal. Also '02 A6 should have some substantial improvements, and word on the street is A6 sales have slowed a lot. An alternate strategy might be to wait 4 or 5 months, and see what you can do on an '02. IMHO, it's more important to buy the car, than the price. From what I know, I'd be inclined to wait for the '02's. If that's a deal-breaker, then the offered lease IS pretty good, if you do low mileage.
  • dsumberadsumbera Posts: 8
    Picking up my new 2001 A6 2.7T this evening. Does anyone have any special tips for the break-in period?
    I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that the lease mileage is 12K per yr.
    So thats $2000 out of pocket, $499 a mo for 39 mo.s on a 2.7t that was sticker priced at $45,500.

Alright, another problem just came about, the Lexus dealer that I went to has just called me and said he can do a GS300 for the same price w/ 12k miles per yr.
    I test drove both of them and I think that they are both fantastic cars.
    Any suggestions and links to any sites that may compare the two.
    The quote i recieved for the 2.7t was $42,212.00 and the msrp was $45,500.00.
    Invoice is $41,109.00, do you think I can do better than $1,100 over invoice?
  • vkjvkj Posts: 67
    what is your cap cost?
    what does this translate to in terms of invoice?
    what is your mf?
    I am assuming no security deposit and no acquisition fee?
    also do you own or lease an audi, presently?
    what state are you in?
    what shape is your credit in?

from what I can tell you are over-paying. my goal would be $1000 over invoice with the base audi mf, which is believe is around .00139 for 2.7t (for the 4.2 it was .00153). You should decide if 12k mileage is reasonable as 15k will lower you residual by only 2%, which increase your payments by less than $20. If you really push the deal, $600 over invoice is probably doable as a recent poster got a 4.2t for $731 over invoice; however the difference between $600 and $1000 is only about $12 a month and I wouldn't loose sleep over such a difference. also I would make sure the color/option will suit you. the last point is probably a lot more important than some of the previous financial information.

if you never leased before there is a lot of information you must consider, if you are patient the people on this board, the edmunds leasing forum and Audiworld.com can answer almost every imaginable question you can have.
  • adam68adam68 Posts: 59
    Interested in purchasing a base A6 2.8 with
    celebration package. How much should I expect to pay? Is 33k out of line?

Thanks...Adam
  • I saw your earlier post, regarding the inaccurate outside temperature gauge. I don't know where it is on the A6, as I have not yet had a reason to look for it on my car. But the sending units on most vehicles are usually bolted on somewhere low on the front end, possibly behind the air dam, or under it. Sooner or later, on all cars, they fail due to constant exposure to weather, or being struck by foreign objects. The sending unit is also usually a plug-in device. Once you find it, you should be able to just unbolt it from its mount with a socket wrench, carefully unplug it, and then replace it with a new unit. I don't know what Audi will charge for a new outside temp. sending unit, but these are simple little devices that usually don't cost more than $15-20 at the parts counter.
  • Audi is sending out postcards to current owners offering them a $1000 to purchase a new Audi, or no-money down leases, if they purchase or lease by Sept. 20. Obviously, they are trying to move the cars in a slow market, to clear the way for the 2002. I have seen quite a few A6 and A6 Avant w/celebration package here in NJ. I would probably determine the dealer's invoice cost, and offer him that amount, at least to start. You must might end up with the car.
  • moimememoimeme Posts: 28
    Mine's dead accurate according to KGO, a local radio station I normally listen to when commuting to/from home. If they say 78, it's +78 on the dashboard. If they say 97, it's +97. If it's 41, it says +41. I HOPE they don't have my car bugged!

The only time it's inaccurate is if the car has been sitting still in the heat for a long time. Then, it tends to overestimate the temperature until the car begins moving. Then, it rapidly closes on the real outside temperature.
  • Picked up my 2001 A6 4.2 this past Wednesday. Here are my impressions:

-Luxury all the way
    -V8 is smooth and powerful
    -back seat leg room is better then my 1998 BMW 528i
    -control lights at night are cool and helpful
    -17 inch rims look great
    -car rides smooth
    -takes bumps well
    -manual gear shifting is fun
    -ming blue looks great
    -cannot believe I own a $53k car.

Later
  • dianeb773dianeb773 Posts: 19
    Does anyone know if Audi is extending the $399.00 deal on the 2.8 through July?
  • eddie2224eddie2224 Posts: 21
    Guys,

What is new for 2002 on the A6. I am considering getting the car if I can strike a good deal, but I hate when new options could have been mine for free. Plus, I am really bugged by the fact that I can't get xenons without getting the premium package.

help,
    Eddie.
    Suggest you check the attached URL for the Audi AG news release.

http://www.audiworld.com/news/index.html

Not all items and colors will come to U.S. However a few highlights include Bi-Xenons, tip on steering wheel, more colors, 3.0 to replace 2.8. and all the many "dynamic improvements" described. Best guess is around September, but early build may not incorporate all '02 features.

• markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Posts: 5,069
    Chassis stiffness, unsprung weight on front end, Telematics, suspension changes -- and the list goes on.

This is not a total redo of the A6, but this is a really big year for the A6. The previous years, by contrast have been evolutionary -- this one is closer to revolutionary (but it does fall short of that, however).

I will wait, having a 6 month old 2001 A6 4.2 -- but what a difference a year makes! Hopefully even more changes when I order my 2003!

If I could wait, I would. But the deals on some of the 2001 A6 2.7T's are very attractive -- but the content changes in the '02 might make me pause.
    I really appreciate the notice about the changes. Wow, it is a pretty extensive list. I noticed that ESP is going to be standard also. At an even I saw a demonstration of ESP in action and it was amazing. I think it is a "must have".

Unless the dealer suddenly gives the car away, I will be lookning to next years model. thanks again!!

Eddie.
  • gabmattgabmatt Posts: 2
    Unfortunately I can't wait (need a car) for the '02 to come out and therefore trying to get the best possible deal on a 2001 A6 2.8 Quatro (w/ Celebration Pkge, Cold Weather & BOSE). How does this sound or should I continue to shop : 15k miles/ yr, Taxes in pymt (NY), $ 0 Down , .... $492/ mth ???
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Posts: 5,069
    If I were given a car without ESP, I would take it and immediately trade it in on one that did, eddie2224.

In fact, both my wife and I traded in perfectly good 2000 Audis (her a 2000 TT, me a 2000 A6 4.2 -- on a 2001 TT and a 2001 A6 4.2) after we went through the Audi Driving Experience in Austria last year.

ESP is as much as a must have as seatbelts, airbags, side/ceiling airbags, dual braking systems and ABS -- in other words, the small financial hit we had to take for dumping out of our leases early (her $0.00 me less than $2,000 and Audi made the first payment anyway) was, in our judgement worth it -- 'cause when your dead or laid up from a car crash -- you can't spend it anyway.

ESP is a must have feature -- so much so that I cannot imagine any argument NOT to get it.

BTW -- ESP was standard on the 2001 Audi A6 2.7T and 4.2 (here in the US of A). For 2002 it is going to be on ALL A6's no matter how "humble."
    The deal I was offered in Chicago area was for

A6 2.8 Quattro
    Celebration package
    cold weather package
    Bose

the MSRP was $39,300 and they offered it at $37,442. Stated a $21,222 residual after 39 months and a $450.98/month lease (but NOT including Illinois tax). This was for 15k miles per year. Upfront they wanted a $1,000 cap cost reduction (which I would have refused to pay).

Take a look at the TMV calculator available on Edmunds and it would have shown an Invoice of $35,212 (incl destination charge) and a TMV of $36,530 (incl dest.). So, really, I needed to work their sale price down another $1,000+ before it was any good.

I think you should really push them hard and go in armed with the TMV from Edmunds.

Good Luck,
    Eddie.