Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Intrepid

Comments

• ottowrkrottowrkr Posts: 778
    From what we have been told there will only be RWD on all the cars. They are also looking into AWD for some. Yes with all the traction/stability controls that will be used they should drive with no problems in bad weather. Yes the LX cars will be moved upscale ,lets hope not to much upscale though. We have also been told we will be building something that is a cross between a car and station wagon .Looks like every manufacture is also going to this style also
  • emaleemale Posts: 1,380
    i've also read that the next generation lh (to be called lx) cars are switching to rwd. in fact i just read that dc is already adding on a new tranny line at one of its current tranny building facilities. the new line will produce mercedes 5 speed automatics for the new rwd lx cars. from what i've read, that mercedes tranny is a very good unit. also, the lx cars will feature many suspension bits and assorted other items that are to be installed on the next generation e class mercedes. these can only be good things unless dc prices the new lx cars too high!
  • ehaaseehaase Posts: 328
    If I could just get the 1993 Taurus that I inherited to last 3 more years, I would love for a Chrysler LX to be my next car. I love RWD sedans and had a 1989 Crown Victoria for many years. I would like a more modern, reasonably priced RWD sedan to be my next car.
    if DC wants to sell cars and I think they do, raising the prices would not be the smart thing to do. So I dont see the LX cars being that much more than what they replace.
    i guess we'll see, but it seems chrysler is mis-firing abit lately...
  • It's been quiet in here so I'll throw this out there to you all. On my first ever Dodge product, the 2002 Intrepid, I'm getting ready to head in for the first oil change, also need to have either a bad speaker mount and/or blown drivers door speaker looked at. The dealer I bought the car from is 5 star, but they are nearly 20 miles away. There is another Dodge dealer who is 5 star, and they are not even a mile from the house. However, the guy who lives across the street from me has owned a bunch of Chrysler products, and he insists I don't take the car to the nearby dealership, rather he recommends a Chrysler dealership which is about 5 miles away. Now I know 5 star is Dodge's symbol of excellence, but is it legit, or just something they use to advertise. Also, is a Chrysler dealer a better place for service? I'm used to Ford Motor Company, and at least as far as the dealerships in Central NJ go, their service departments stink. I go to the nearby Lincoln-Mercury for my Explorer. Interestingly enough, a lot of local PDs take their Crown Vics their as well. Thanks!
    Yes 5 star is an award given to dealers with good service, but that does not mean that they are perfect. If your someone recommends a dealer give them a try. njdevilsrn I see in your profile you say the car you are shopping for is a Chev , but you just got the Dodge. Does that mean you bought the Dodge instead of the Chev? if yes all I can say is GREAT and THANKS ...Take care
  • andre1969andre1969 Posts: 21,594
    how long have you been building Chrysler products? What did you guys used to build up there before the Intrepid came out?
  • I just updated my profile, but for a long story made short, the wife's 2000 Malibu needed its engine rebuilt at 9000 miles for what GM called "excessive piston bore"...never got an explanation out of them as to whether that meant the piston was slamming into something and making the clapping sound, or if the shaft was too big and the piston was slapping around inside. Anyhow, we were making payments at 7% interest, and had no desire to keep it off of warranty. I went and took a peek at the Impala and also the Grand Prix due to some GM credits we have. Wife didn't like the round tail-lights on the Impala, and the Grand Prix has the same exact engine as the Malibu unless you go for an upper model, $25000 was a bit much. So, we bought the Dodge.
  • 1. Is the AutoStick still available in the Intrepid ES for 2002?

2. Is the AutoStick available in the Stratus Sedan for 2002?

3. Is the AutoStick also know as the 41TE? If no, what is the
    nomenclature for the AutoStick?

Thank you,

WKH
    njdevilsrn - guess GM's lose is our gain

andre1969 -our plants( we had two in Brampton at one time)were AMC plants before getting bought by Chrysler. The first plant opened in 1961 and built many cars like the Rebel ,the Gremlin, the Hornet and the Concord . In 79 and 80 we built CJ 5 and 7 's . From 81 to 86 we built Eagle 4x4's and Concord's. Then from 87 till we closed in 92 we built Jeep Wranglers. The plant that we now build the LH in opened in 87 and built the Premier till 92 . The old plant was closed and the Jeep moved to Toledo , Ohio and all people from the closed Jeep plant moved up and joined the people in the Brampton plant to build the GREAT LH cars.I stated with AMC building the Jeep Wrangler.
    No you cant get Auto stick on the Intrepid ES only the R/T. The transmissions on Intrepid Auto stick and non Autostick cars are the same. All we use is diffrent software and shift lever. Dont know about the Stratus?
    wkhowland,

the 41te is the "official" name for the auto tranny in all fwd chryslers that have a transverse engine layout (stratus, neon, minivans). the lh car's (intrepid, concorde, 300m) official auto tranny name is the 42le. basically, "t" means transverse and "l" means logitudinal. therefore you could surmise that the lh cars have a longitudinal engine/tranny layout. lastly, the 4 means 4 speeds and the 1 or 2 is a relative torque capacity figure. the 42le has a higher torque rating vs the 41te. oh, and "e" means electronic...
  • c01c01 Posts: 28
    Daimler has begun to turn things around at Chrysler, the quality is improving, and in time they will hopefully do something about that bloated whale body design.
    hey guys,

jeffew's (c01) back! anybody miss him??
  • In a few years, Chrysler will have very little left to sell. It will be trucks and Mitsubishi retreads, except hopefully the new LX will be primo.

Daimler has really dropped the ball on the PT Cruiser, no updates or new models yet. The 2.4 liter turbocharged Neon SRT is a go for next year, so maybe that engine will find it's way into the Cruiser.

If Bob Lutz and product over marketing takes hold at GM, may have to look towards GM to replace the R/T in 2008.
  • Bought my new r/t for 23.9 on a lot that had it for sale almost 1.5 yrs. It is Inferno red and looks sharp. The dealer was asking to much so he smeeled the coffee and lowered it 7k. It has a custome ordered leather interior. Does anyone know how many 01 r/t's were custome made with leather? Electrical went out on all gages and rear lights. Life is full of surpriese. the dealer has been great from sale- to service. Blind spots people have mentioned can be fixed some. Throw out the OEM r-v-mirror and buy the aftermarket whoich has built in temp and compass.
  • yositoyosito Posts: 55
    RUMORS and more RUMORS going on about that terrible news; I´m worried because when the river sounds it´s because it has water on it!

I know next performance cars from Dodge will be SRT, but that´s another story. I hope the Intrepid R/T will continue on, maybe if they drop it, they will next race the Charger SRT, What do you think, heard something about it??
    Dealers were told to stop ordering R/T´s???????
  • My new 01'rt is running great but noticed tires are screaching all the time in the corners. The tire pressure is set at 31 lbs in front. The tires are stock VR 17" Michellen's. My other sedans BMW 735i, 740il and 96 LHS are all heavier and do not screach in the corners at even higher speeds. What is up with these tires. I know that Michellen makes on of the best tires.
    Anyone else out there notice the tire screach in corners?
  • If you run'em at 31 lbs or lower I get that too. I keep mine at 34-36 lbs. for performance driving or at 30(factory) if I want a cushy ride. :)