Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Intrepid

Comments

• davidudavidu Posts: 40
    Finally- a convertible with a real back seat- that picture is awesome!!
  • Jason5Jason5 Posts: 440
    The others are correct... Canadian Intrepids are "Chrysler Intrepids".. Thanks for the info on the tinting to all who submitted it. My ES is a 2000 in Steel Blue with the lighter gray interior (the name eludes me at the moment). Can't pull off dark tint here in PA--either legally or aesthetically on a dark, low slung car.. Hope to find someone local with the 3M titanium tint in a modest tint.
  • fritofrito Posts: 70
    W. (famous line from what movie?)
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,240
    Some years ago I noticed that the National folks at Bradley airport (Hartford, CT) had a number of Intrepids, so I always took one. I had an Eagle Vision at the time, so it felt familiar.

However, it's interesting to note that National is nominally a GM rental agency. If they're renting DC product it's because they were offered a deal they couldn't refuse -- especially evident in your example, where cars built for the Canadian market were sold at fleet rates into the U.S.

But here's the real point. These cars are being sold to an off-brand rental company in huge quantities because of over-production. They're looking to unload cars they can't sell outside of the fleet market, even with $1000-2000 rebates. Those of you on this bulletin board might want to pause to consider what this is going to do to your resale values.

I just sold my '94 Eagle Vision Tsi, and you don't want to hear. . .the rest of the story.
  • emaleemale Posts: 1,380
    unfortunately, many cars' resale values are ruined by fleet sales and leasing. as for rebates...only the hot selling domestics vehicles don't have huge rebates these days...
  • dc13dc13 Posts: 23
    Re trade in values. I had dinner last night with a college friend who is now sales manager at a mid sized Ford dealership. He said that his trade-in appraisers have been instructed to be extra critical on all Chrysler product and to discount wholesale values by at least 15%. The bottom line is they don't reall want the Chrysler products on their lot, they just won't sell.
  • 2000trep2000trep Posts: 30
    got the trep back yesterday afternoon with new tint intact. those dark windows sure look good on that silver car! i would have liked darker tint but i opted to stay "legal" with the 35% grade.
  • fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    dc13-

Smart Ford dealer I'd say!

fastdriver
  • BjorBjor Posts: 7
    I'm taking my 2000 Intrepid in for service next Thursday and I thought I read in this topic somewhere that there was a TSB for extra sound deadening for Intrepids made before 10/99 (mine was made 9/99). Does anyone have any additional info on this? Thanks!
    bjor,

i think that sound deadening tsb (procedure) only applied to 98 models. i had it performed on my 98 intrepid. the later sound deadening improvements that came for model year 99 and 00 are not part of any tsb to the best of my knowledge. you could ask your dealership but i doubt they'd do anything. btw, the latest improvement that i know of was a new rear wheel house silencer that went into production on sept 7th of last year. if you car was made on that date or later you already have the latest upgrade. i'm not sure how you would find out the exact date your car was assembled other than calling chrysler customer service...
  • fluidfluid Posts: 5
    frito, I was "MAD" for that movie! "MAD, MAD, MAD"

Jay T
    00 IR ES
  • 2000trep2000trep Posts: 30
    If you fellow Intrepid enthusiasts haven't done so already... you need to get your priceline gas cards. I just got online and purchased 30 gallons of gas @ $1.15 per gallon... and that was on the first try. I'll have to start my bids much lower next time.
  • andre1969andre1969 Posts: 21,852
    Hey gang,

I finally got an alarm for my Intrepid. I got one of those Viper models that also remotely unlocks your doors. Now, if I can just get over my fear of the parking lot at Six Flags America where it got broken into...

Next step, when I get some more money saved up, is to get the windows tinted.
    -Andre
  • davidudavidu Posts: 40
    Today I went looking to replace a burnt out driving light bulb, but couldn't find the exact wattage bulb specified in the manual.

The manual calls for a 35 watt H-3, but the only H-3 bulbs I found were 55W or 100W. I know a 100W bulb would probably melt the lens or reflector, or set the wiring ablaze, but how about the 55W? I'd like a little more brightness in the driving lamps anyway.

Anyone got any thoughts or experience on this one?
  • juliadjuliad Posts: 2
    I guess I bought mine before they had problems ironed out, but I will never buy another Dodge. I only have 56,700 miles on my 1993. I had new tires, new transmission, the ABS light has never been unlit (taken in several times to dealer to check computer), my keyless entry never worked right. I have a short now with the horn so the fuse blows everytime the horn is blown. I had the driver window motor replaced. Now the latest happened yesterday, the back end started shaking horribly and made loud noises and almost fishtailed. I couldn't go over 15 mph without this happening. I had it towed to a garage today.

What do you think that could be? I am tired of not being able to rely on my car.
    then get rid of it...
  • Jason5Jason5 Posts: 440
    Hey there.... you thinking what I"m thinking? CD changer is on back order.. Other than that all's well..
    yep, it's a no brainer!
  • dc13dc13 Posts: 23
    Your problems with the Intrepid are all very typical. Your best bet is to replace it asap and be prepared to take a beating on the trade in value. Most dealers know the reputation of the DC herd and value them accordingly.
    You will probably get a better reception if you stay in maintanance topic 1414. This topic should be renamed Intrepid Huggers only. I am surprised your negative post hasn't been deleted the host here also seems to be inclined to hug DC.
    just as i thought!