Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Intrepid

Comments

• andre1969andre1969 Posts: 21,847
    as for posting pictures, I've done it a few times before. I think there are certain restrictions, like no nudity. And before you laugh, I did have a pic yanked off once, that I posted of a '77 New Yorker. This one just happened to have three women in scanty bathing suits posed across the back of it, like they were trying to push it. It didn't go over too well with the hosts. Honestly, I was just trying to show someone that Chrysler still had flip-out vent windows in the doors by that time. Really I was! ;-)
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Posting pics ... the most important rule is that you do not display pictures that someone else has copyrighted. I'm quite sure that the New Yorker would copyright its content whether it was a picture of "women in scanty bathing suits" or a picture of the flip out vent windows. (Yah, yah, yah andre!! ;-))

It's okay to *link* to pictures on public websites, just don't use the img src tags to actually display them in your message unless you own the copyright or are able to positively ascertain that they are in the public domain.

And I suppose the second most important rule is that the picture be topical. PRIMARILY topical, not somewhat topical in the background. If you get my drift.

:D
  • mike372mike372 Posts: 354
    what do you mean 'in the public domain'. Suppose I wanted to post a pic of an Intrepid from Dodge's website. Would this be OK.
    I'll have to post some of the pictures I took at the Carlisle all-Mopar Nationals. There must've been a good 30-40 or more LH cars, ranging from bone stock to wildly modified. Most of the pics I took were of older, classic cars (got a few of the new Magnum wagon though!), but I snapped off a few of the LH cars.

It was actually pretty inspiring, seeing how much people can get into their Intrepids, Concordes, and such. At the GM and Ford Nationals, you don't see people flaunting their Tauruses and FWD Impalas! (Impala SSes and classic Impalas, that's a different story!)
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    The safest thing to do if you do not own the picture yourself is to just post a link to it.

You are free to display pictures from edmunds.com here in the Town Hall (but not elsewhere on the web), but otherwise just post a link.
  • Jason5Jason5 Posts: 440
    Gentlemen....any other day but Saturday! I appreciate the offer, but I have a birthday party on Saturday with 10, 7 year olds. I would, however, be interested in considering other meetings. For instance I usually go to the NY Auto Show and Philadelphia show. The winter, I'm hoping to finally get to NAIAS in Detroit. Any takers?
  • smithedsmithed Posts: 444
    Cleaned the 'Trep inside last night (vacuuming and treatment of the leather and vinyl), checked the fluid levels, air pressures. Heading out for what I hope is about 2500 uneventful miles over about 10 or 11 days. Up to Delaware through and over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, stop overnight, then on to NY City for the weekend, then over to western PA on Monday, if all goes well. 66,000 miles now, but will be nearing 70,000 soon. The 'Trep still seems like a new car to me, but now I realize it is 4 and a half years since I picked it up.

That steel blue is a nice color, unavailable in 1999 when I ordered this Champagne one. I tried to get the cypress green, but then it was only available with the dark grey interior, and I wanted the saddle tan. So ours is champagne with tan leather inside. The outside sure doesn't show much dirt.

I have had light colored cars for 20 years, but darker ones seem to be catching on. The whites and yellows are said to be more visible but sometimes the dark ones look so good when they are clean. They sure have cut down on the options as far as doors, paint, and interior colors over the years. All money saving for the manufacturers.

Keep safe out there.

ES 99
    I am back from 2100 miles of travelling up and down the East Coast. The 'Trep did great, and comes back with new front brake pads, turned rotors, and two new tires. All of that was expected work down at my brother's shop. I saw lots of other 'Treps on the way through SC, NC, VA, MD, DE, NJ, NY, PA, and WV. None was stranded on the side of the road.
  • emaleemale Posts: 1,380
    woah!!! smithed you have me totally baffled! both your leaving and returning vacation messages are dated today (august 4th). i don't get it...? did you travel 2100 miles in several hours...? what up...
    Yes, I have to agree, that was an incredibly quick trip. I remember reading the exact same leaving message days ago. I am not sure how the two messages had the same 8/4/03 date. I suspect it has something to do with the 'bookmark' option.
    He's off and flyin' as he guns his car around the track...
    He's jammin' down the pedal like he's never comin' back...
    Adventure's waitin' just a-HEEEEAAAADDD!!
    obviously, my driving the 'Trep is better than my computer skills. I don't know how that message reposted, but it sure makes me look fast. Actually we left 7/24 and returned 8/2.

ES
  • Jason5Jason5 Posts: 440
    Hmmm... And I thought I was the only one who had those lyrics committed to memory. Did you also tape capital letters to the handlebars of your bike?
    I never quite went that far, although once I did try to build a replica of the Mammoth Car out of Legos! Well, the front part, at least. I probably would have needed several sets to build the whole thing!

Oh yeah, did you end up making it to the Macungie car show? We did, and had a great time, although now I have a little too much of a "farmer tan" from wearing a tank-top to the show!
    going in for warranty repairs Monday. The CD player cant even play one song without screwing up. I thought it was my CD's but after trying other CD's I realized the CD player never worked right from the time the car was new. Also, the power front seat does not go up, it just tilts backwards. I finally realized this too is a defect. I hope things don't continue to break, especially after the warranty period is up.
  • stumack1stumack1 Posts: 56
    an '04 SXT last week (I'm shopping right now) and wasn't prepared to like this car as much as I did. I love the styling of these cars (possibly the best looking 4-door ever built - anywhere) but I was really impressed with the driving experience. - smooth, quiet, and the car seemed well put together. I'm almost ready to lay my money down. I've still got hestitations about longer term reliability (a couple of bad Chrysler experiences in the past) but the car is Consumers Reports recommended, a Consumer Guide best buy and highly rated by AAA. What do you all think, just do it??

Andre...I was really surprised by the interest in the late model cars at Carlisle also...lots of LH cars, but the PT customizing that's going on is just incredible.
  • sdradioguysdradioguy Posts: 101
    My mother has a 1995 3.3L with somewhere between 95K and 100K on it. She told me this morning the "check engine" light came on after some brisk driving (she had just bought a bag of ice, and had to hurry home). I'm under the impression this "brisk driving" was a mix of some freeway and main arterial streets -- taking corners and on/off ramps as fast as she could. She wasn't sure exactly when the light came on, but the trip didn't last longer than 10 minutes. She just noticed it as she was at the end of her trip.

This was about 4-5 days ago, and she says the check engine light hasn't come on since. She's wondering if this is something she should go to the dealer with, especially given its age and mileage. They've had no MAJOR mechanical problems with it, but the power steering pump has been replaced 4 times (I think all of those were done under warranty), and the A/C is not quite able to keep up with summer heat in TX (which has been the case from the time my parents bought it new).

So, what do I tell her? Spend the diagnostic bucks at the dealer or some other mechanic now, or just wait for the light to come on again? She's restoring a house 200 miles from her home base and my step-dad, and she's keeping a tight lid on the amount of time she spends in the car until she gets a better idea of what exactly is going on (she has this thing about getting stranded.. Well, I guess we all do).

Okay, that's it. Advise, please.
    The SXT is real tempting. Its a nice car, but I still question Chryslers quality control. My SE has about 5500 miles on it since I bought it brand new, and the ABS controller, CD player and power drivers seat all failed. And I take care of it as if it were a Rolls Royce. All these things were bad right off the production line. In addition, I test drove a new 03 SXT at Reedman in Langhorne PA last winter and the speedometer did not work. I came real close to buying a used SXT with 7752 miles on it, but it did not have ABS. However, the price was right. It was the only used Intrepid I looked at that was not a previous rental car. Although COnsumer Reports seemed to like it, they still questioned its long term reliability. I guess I am not a diehard Mopar fan, as this is my first Chrysler experience. And depending on how well this car holds up in the future, it could be my last.
    unfortunately, that doesn't narrow it down one bit as to what could potentially be wrong with the car. Usually, it's something emissions-related, like a valve or sensor going bad. But then my roommate had the check engine light come on (non-Mopar car, a '98 Tracker) because of a bad torque convertor solenoid! When you got to the speed that it was supposed to lock up, it wouldn't, and sent a signal to turn on the check engine light.

My grandfather has a '94 Taurus, and it's had an intermittent check engine light for a few years now. I wish he'd get the damn thing looked at, but it hasn't left him stranded yet! My guess is that, as long as the car's fluids are all topped off, and nothing's overheating, and the car doesn't act any different when the light comes on, then it's probably nothing too major.

I think I'd get it checked out though, just to find out what it is!
  • sdradioguysdradioguy Posts: 101
    Yeah, that's the problem with check engine lights, they're too damned vague. Like you said, it could be anything -- and not necessarily related to the engine itself. And yes, it could just be one of those intermittent things that never signals a real problem. I'll have her get it checked.