Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2003 Buick Rendezvous code P0449

jcgunnerjcgunner Posts: 3
edited June 1 in Buick
Hello,
Ihave replaced the purge vent solenoid and the vent valve it self. The solenoid being in the engine compartment and the canister vent valve being located on the driver side of the fuel tank. Is there some thing else I am missing to get this code to reset. I have reset the codes by removeing the negative battery cable and the code comes back a couple of starts later. Please I am at whits end with this problem. Is the a certain resistance I can check? Or is there something else that this code can be ? I would guess if it was the PCM I would have numerous other codes as well. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

Comments

• I have also replaced the fuel cap. As this is the most common problem I have found with the fuel system
  • ray80ray80 Posts: 1,250
    Hhmm I think it may be an issue with the c-305 connector. Its a pass-through connector for various electrical stuff in rear of vehicle. The connector is located to rear of drivers seat under carpet (abour where a rear passengers feet would go) and is subject to water intrusion from the inside and subsequent corrosion.
  • how would I go about doing this? would I look for a ground in the wiring or just go strait to the connector and look for damage? If there is no visible damage what is the process for checking the connector? Also would you know what the ohms should be for the seloniod?
  • ray80ray80 Posts: 1,250
    Tough call on this. I am not a technician so I don't provide all the answers, I just provide info from what I have seen here and there. Checking the connector would involve removing some trim pieces as needed and lifting carpet and whatever else is in the way to get to it. visual inspection for corrosion and/or loose connections should help if that is the problem. You could try googleing 'C305-Ectomy' . and might find more info.
This discussion has been closed.