Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Avalon 2004 and earlier

Comments

• cliffy1cliffy1 Posts: 3,581
    Lunar mist exterior with ivory interior? I don't that that is an available combination.
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    The Lunar mist only comes with the stone interior. We just received the brochures for the 2003 Avalon. Minor changes to the interior and exterior; wood accent on steering wheel for xls, rain sensing windshield wipers, electrochromic driver's outside mirror (standard) New front bumper and fog lights, horizontal slat grille, rear tail lights and garnish. Available 16in wheels on XL (same as on current XLS), Available 5 spoke 16 in wheel for XLS (Looks similar to Lexus LS430 wheel) Navigation system with remote control optional on XLS. Screen is set where information display now sits on 02 models and controls are on center console next to gear shift.

: )

Mackabee

p.s. base prices remain unchanged.
  • j_walkerj_walker Posts: 99
    Thanks for the info on the 2003 Avalong. Is the 2003 brochure available for the masses?
  • tl586tl586 Posts: 6
    Mackabee,

Great info!! Do you know when Toyota will start selling the 2003 models?

Also, could you scan the 2003 brochures so we can all see the new options offered?

• hallagehallage Posts: 24
    Can anyone comment on the comfort of the '02 Avalon driver's seat? There were some compaints about the '02 Camry driver's seat.
  • deluxcardeluxcar Posts: 47
    The Japanese version of the Avalon (right-hand drive) is equipped with a navigation system. Check it out. The text is in Japanese but if you click on the second heading you should see a caption that says Pronard 3.0 or 3.0L

http://www.toyota.co.jp/Showroom/All_toyota_lineup/Pronard/
    Production starts monday June 10th, they will be appearing in dealerships by late June. The brochures are available for the masses at your Toyota dealer now. Pricing will be released to the public on monday also, I'm pretty sure the Toyota.com website will be upgraded to show the new Avalon. The Japanese Pronard shown on the website is our 2002 Avalon sans the nav system. The 2003's dash is Identical to the Pronard, but the Nav controls are on the center console. As I mentioned before, the grille and front bumper are different for 03 as well as the tail lights. I can't scan the brochure as it is copyrighted material. Be patient if you can't get to a dealer to get a brochure, the website will be updated shortly.

Mackabee
    The instrument panel is now black with white numerals from what I can see on the brochure. The XL with leather package will have perforated leather. Option packages are basically the same as before.

Mackabee
    Correction: The "new" 5 spoke wheel that will be available with the XLS was available on the previous generation Lexus ES300.

Mackabee
  • twobrownstwobrowns Posts: 52
    I have been putting prem. gas in my avalon since purchase(5500 miles). I recently tried regular and noticed no difference in mileage or performance or maybe a slight increase in mileage with regular although that makes no sense.I see no reason to continue to use prem. The manual says for better performance whatever that means. Anyone else have any experiences with reg. vs. prem.
  • fwatsonfwatson Posts: 639
    Quote:"Anyone else have any experiences with reg. vs. prem."

Not on an Avalon. But my Mazda Millenia "recommends" but does not "require" premium (93 octane). I now have just under 6000 miles on it, and have used 87 octane since running out the dealers initial fill of 93. I have had absolutely no problem, and there is no sign of preignition (knock or ping). You say you see no difference in performance, and 93 is not "required". There is no reason then to waste your money on premium for no gain. I imagine you already know that the only thing higher octane does is keep an engine from pinging. The ECM (engine control module) automatically adjusts for the lower octane of 87 or 89.
    Are the side curtain side airbags and rear sunshade available in the '03 Avalon?
    No side curtain airbags or sunshade available.

Mackabee
  • carguy000carguy000 Posts: 55
    I find it very disappointing that Toyota will not offer side curtain airbags on the '03 Avalon. When the Avalon received a facelift for '98, it received side airbags as standard equipment where it was optional on the Camrys. When the '02 Camry was redesigned it had optional side curtain airbags, while the Avalon still only had side airbags as standard equipment. I had hoped that Toyota would at least offer the side curtain airbags as an option on the '03 Avalons. I really don't care for the rear sunshade, and I doubt my parents would either if they chose to buy another Avalon, but they WOULD want the side curtain airbags.
  • footiefootie Posts: 636
    Well, I am not surprised at the side airbag issue.

After all, this is brought to you by the same company that doesn't normally ship ABS equipped Matrix's to Boston or New England where the winter roads are slippery and treacherous, but does ship them to the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic dealers.
  • lon7lon7 Posts: 7
    I have An Avalon 2000 XLS and seem to have a lot of road noise when driving on the highway. I notice that I have to turn up the volume on the radio as I increase my speed going down the highway. I don't recall having this much road noise with other cars. Any comments?
  • lon7lon7 Posts: 7
    I have an Avalon XLS and have also experienced numerous rattles in the dash and in the drivers door. The dealer has been real good and has fixed most of them. Still have a small rattle that comes back from time to time in the dash. The driver door rattle was fixed.
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    Actually it a common misconception that ABS helps on snow. In many cases, it actually doesnt. This is the one downside to ABS, in my opinion. ABS is usually much more effective on rain slicked roads and even on dry pavement than it is on snow and ice. It is my opinion that the best safegaurds for snow are some good snow tires, all wheel drive, and a well maintained vehicle.
    ~alpha
    Not yet having seen pics of the '03 Avalon, I'm guessing this is what the new grill will look like:

http://www.toyota.co.jp/Showroom/All_toyota_lineup/Pronard/menu/frame/op.html