Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Sentra 2006 and earlier

L8_ApexL8_Apex Posts: 187
edited March 18 in Nissan
Welcome to the continuation of the Nissan Sentra
topic. Those of you joining us from that topic are
welcome to continue your discussion.

If you're new to this topic, you may want to
follow the above link for additional archived posts
and take a look at the 2000 Sentra First Drive.

Thanks,

L8_Apex
Sedans Host

Comments

• Hi there again....there is a long wait on the Sentra SE. I too had to compromise on the color...from Iced cappaucino(gold) to Jaded(green)...all I wanted was automatic, abs and immobilizer. The dealer tolod me that abs and side airbags come as a package (how and why eludes me) so I said okay. Tomorrow I get the car..my wait was only 5 weeks (because of the compromise) otherwise I would be up there in the 12 week range also. My price was pretty good at 16100 so I ain't complaining. If you need a sporty car now...buy the Civic Si if you wait one more month....september actually the 2001 models will be out and SE production should catch up with demand.....but by that time we will all be waiting on the rumored 180hp SE-r
  • skay2skay2 Posts: 10
    I have been researching and learning for months and felt ready to go to a dealer. I went to my local Nissan today and did end up buying a car. The MA charge threw me though so not sure if I did well.
    I bought a Nissan Sentra GXE with floor mats and Convenience Package. MSRP $15048. He showed me what I believe was "factory" invoice because it had the holdback listed ($381).
    The invoice price listed as due payable to manufacturer was $14184. I was prepared for everything except the MA charge and that really threw me for a loop. They said they have to pay that to the manufacturer (I believe them) and he did not want to split the cost. So here is how the invoice was broken down. Base $13075, Con. Pkg. $131, Floor Mats $58, MA $400. Total $14184.
    I asked him to split the MA but he wouldn't. Then I made the mistake of losing sight of keeping the new car deal separate from the trade-in and got more confused. I ended up paying the $14184.
    Did I do OK or did I not? Thanks.
  • regfootballregfootball Posts: 2,166
    180 hp SE_R????

where? where?

really?

I'd love to wring that car around some? Where can I read about this?
  • nikecarnikecar Posts: 460
    after tax tag title? carsdirect has it for 13784. so the dif is the MA fee. MSRP was right. looks like you shaved a grand. not bad. maybe if you haggled you could have done slightly better, but not by much. I say a good job..enjoy the new car. what color?
  • tpham1tpham1 Posts: 1
    I paid 12995$ for 2000 Sentra GXE , 5 Speed manual transmission with floor mats and Convenience Package. The dealer offer me 13800$ for same one with automatic transmission.
  • quark99quark99 Posts: 136
    Aren't there supposed to be cupholders in the front door panels? I guess I'm stupid, but I do not see any in my 2000 SE....anyone care to enlighten me?
    -quark
  • vocusvocus Posts: 7,777
    I don't think there are suppose to be cup holders in the front doors. I have been in 3 different Sentras (two SEs and one GXE) and never saw them.
  • It is just a rumour I heard from several people including my Uncle...who is currently in Japan with the military and some speculation from my compatriots at www.freshalloy.com

I hope it is ture though!
  • quark99quark99 Posts: 136
    The Edmunds write-up for the 2000 Sentra talks about cupholder "inserts" in the front door pockets....(see the 1st message and link on this board...) I'm guessing there is some kind of plastic attachment or insert that fits into the door pockets and holds a cup. I've seen this feature mentioned in all the write-ups on the car...I'm callin' the dealer to see if they "forgot" to include some parts on the car
    -quark
  • gucci3gucci3 Posts: 8
    quark99: While at it, can you check with your dealer if a fuel cap holder mentioned in the Sentra manual should come with a 2000 GXE? My dealer told me no 2000 Sentra actually comes with one even though the manual intructs you to place the cap in it.
    Well, you beat me. I wonder how they can sell them below invoice. I am not aware of any dealer incentives and holdback is only $381.
    I did haggle. I was just so confused to have the $400 MA upfront so soon. Basically I paid invoice + $400 which is 3% which I think I can live with. Damn nice car. Luxury compared to my bare 1986 Honda Civic Hatchback. The color is radium. Very nice.

sharon
  • akebonoakebono Posts: 3
    I wanted a 2000 sentra SE with performance package, and ABS in radium but they only had green available. I got the car last week and it's just amazing how much power this engine has. Someone mentioned earlier that the high speed passing was good on this car, i'd have to say its superb! there is no hesitation for the acceleration, it just goes and goes. you dont even have to rev it too high, i had it around 4000-5000 rpm's and it just takes off, i love this car.
  • smmismmi Posts: 1
    I'm driving an old Nissan Micra '89 and it still runs well, though a lot of rust after all harsh conditions in Canada - already almost 160,000km on it. I bought it second hand 132K km on it and so far am prety happy with it, no major repairs. But I'm thinking of a new car. Hesitating between Corola and Nissan Sentra.
    Would appreciate any help, advice or just a hint.
  • I currently owned a Sentra SE 2000. Before I bought this car, I was pushed to test drive the Corolla at a Toyota dealer. The sales people there are so pushy eventhough you don't like it they still try their hardest to make a deal. Well, too bad, I have looked into the Sentra before and I really like it alot better than the Corolla.

The reason is simple, it is more powerful, more stylish both interior and exterior, overall the whole package is superb and you get more out from the price that they are selling. Well, by now you should have known all the details of the car compared to corolla, if not check it here at Edmund's, so it's no point that I go thru all the specs and et cetera.

Test drive both cars and you will see what I mean.
    Good Luck!
  • In May I ordered a 2001 Sentra w/ the perf package, ABS & side airbags, sunroof, floor mats, auto trans, in Heatwave. The car arrives on the August 7. I was able to buy the car for exactly the invoice price (plus tax, etc.). I am very pleased with the deal I got. If anyone is from the St. Louis area, I suggest you go to Lou Fuse Nissan.
  • akebono-

I alos recently got the...just a question aren't you supposed to break in the car?

I am having a hell of a time keeping it under 55. I have the automatic. The SE is just so tempting to drive fast. It just wants to go. I must say that with the performance package choose only smooth roads people.....slow to a dead stop for any bumps or potholes on the road. I live in NY so you know I am at crawl most of the time:)

The fit and finsh is excellent. Except for 2 things:

1) The chessy looking climate control knobs.(I hope Stillen rectifies this in his work-up of the SE:)

2) I dislike the so called midnight interior with the plaid like desgin on them...but it will grow on me I gues

However, everything else just looks great! The seats are very supportive and the car is so quiet at idle and at freeway speeds(eat your heart out Corrola and civic). I couldn't hear the exhaust while driving so I asked a friend to zip by me at 50 and also to accelerate from a dead stop....Its nice bellow but not too ricey. (After the warranty is up I will make it ricey!)

That is my 2 cents
  • gedgargedgar Posts: 1
    OK Need some advice.

I want an SE with Pref pkge but none in stock where I live. Dealer can get one and is willing to give me near invoice plus 200 doc fee +400MA + 21 tag +tax. Has to get it from another dealer.
    He might get one from Nissan soon but none are on his next two orders.

He'll sell me any other Sentra GXE on the lot for 1500 under invoice + 400MA +200Doc fee + 21 + tax.

That makes a significant difference in price between the GXE with conv and lux packages and the SE. Both with automatic transmission. What was a 1200 difference is now 2200 approx.

He'll put a spoiler on the GXE for 350-375 so looks are somewhat the same. yea I know side sills, bigger tires, 6 spokes etc. still roughtly the same.

Well which way would you go. I don't have an option of waiting more than 10 days. Bigger engine 4 wheel disks, fogs and sills worth 2k more

Thanks for reply
  • akebonoakebono Posts: 3
    lambosun00- In a mere week, I've already had 975 miles on it, I couldn't wait the full 1000 miles so I just started to drive it a bit faster. I probably rev'd it to around 4500RPM's.

gedgar- okay, think about this for a bit, the difference is 2200 you say right? here are the things you will get if you get the SE (and my opinion on them):

1)alloy wheels (much much better than the stock ones on the GXE, I've had many people comment on them already)
    2)4 wheel disc, (not too sure about the difference between the two, i know that rear drums are in the GXE, but i know that drums aren't as good)
    3)Fog lights (really depends on where you live, if you stay in SF like I do, I will use them alot.)
    4)Sills (barely notice a difference)
    5)Bigger and Better engine. (this is where i decided to get the SE over the GXE, for me, the difference in prices due to the total package from the SE was well worth it, I promise you will love the engine on the SE. I now have over 1000 miles on it, and I already love the thing to death. I've never looked forward to going to work ever before, now i get excited just b/c i can go drive my car. The GXE's engine has less horses on it, you really can't feel the difference at low speeds (0-45) but the SE's engine rocks at high speeds above 45mph. Once you hit the sweet spot of around 4000 rpm's, the car just takes off, and just when you think its gonna flatten out on speed, it just keeps accelerating. I haven't taken it too high (about 90 mph max today) but i plan on doing it soon.) just take a look on how that 2000 difference will effect your monthly's and if you will struggle to make ends meet b/c of it.

i mean, if you have the extra i would most certainly get it. anyhow enuff of my ramblings.
  • thanks ..it will take me about two weeks to get to 1000 miles...the way you describe it and the way the car feels right now I can't wait.

On a side note, today I was almost goaded into a stop light drag by a smug civic si driver (a lady no doubt). She pulled up and gave me the ubiquitous 'look' but I smiled and politely declined. I know we shall meet again and then I will see how nissan power stands up to honda performance.