Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Sentra 2006 and earlier

Comments

• Has any one had any problem with the first three fan speeds. I have only one speed working and it is the very high speed. The first 3 speeds just stopped working about 2 weeks ago. Why?? Someone said it was just a resistor, but I don't know where it is and how to replace it. Since I bought this car all my problems have been electrical. ist it was the horn, next it was the power windows and now it is the fan speed. Any help or suggestions?
  • My airflow meter sensor needs replaced also. The dealer is trying to take you for a ride at $900....the part can be purchased on ebay for 121 shipping and all, over various websites for 150-200 and should cost around $300, $350 at most labor included. I have noticed a decrease in performance and decline in gas mileage. From what I understand, it only takes about 5 or 10 minutes to replace the part. I would get a second quote. Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • rennie4rennie4 Posts: 52
    If anybody cares the nissan sentra goes on sale today. Pricing and options is up on nissannews.com
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,618
    I don't know if many people care. There's a dedicated discussion for the 2007 Sentra in Town Hall, and there hadn't been a post for over five weeks before I put one in there tonight. Seems odd for one of the newest compact (actually low-end midsized) sedans, with a nice blend of room and features. :surprise:
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    This discussion has been reopened in accordance with this post: Sylvia, "Forums Software! Your Questions Answered..." #3319, 12 Nov 2006 2:43 pm. :)
  • sopmansopman Posts: 46
    I'm thinking about buying a new 2007 2.0 S 4dr Sedan. Does anyone know of any problems that they are having with this car?
    What is a good prices?
    Edmunds says: $18,855
    Invoice says: $17,433

Thanks
    Sopman
  • So I was looking in my owners manual and I see that my Sentra only has 2.8 quarts of oil?

I'm also thinking about extending the oil change intervals to somewhere between 7-10k miles, I'm not sure which would be a better oil Mobile 1 (10W-30?) Synthetic or Mobile extended 7500 (something like that).

I'm thinking that 10k might be a bit much for the oil filter but I would imagine that a good quality oil should last substantially longer than the cheap stuff that they use at the "quick lube" places.

Your thoughts and comments are welcome...

Tom
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    Anyone have the OEM Sirius installed in their '05 or '06 Sentra's?

Are you satisfied with it's performance?
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    7500 mile interval on full synthetic is the service interval I use for my Sentra.

With the small oil capacity on the QG18DE it seemed unwise to go with 10,000 mile intervals.

With only 3 qts. the oil is inexpensive even when using synthetic. :)
  • Yeah I was leaning towards the upper limits of the manufactures recommendations also.
  • I have an old Nissan Sentra 1.6 XE/SE 2dr. The Sun Visor on driver side is damaged.
    I have checked on internet and could not find a seller.
    Does anyone know where I can buy one (either used or new)?

Thank you very much in advance!

Peter
  • How can I prepare my 1997 Sentra for its first New Jersey winter? We just moved here, and I don't know what I need to be most concerned with. Do people still buy snow tires? What parts are most affected by cold weather? I know I'm late in the game, but would welcome any insights. How does this car do in winter conditions? I'm honestly worried about driving it. I've never driven in winter weather, and this car has about as much power as a go-kart.
  • rennie4rennie4 Posts: 52
    having as much power as a go-kart is a very good thing while driving in snow. Driving the sentra in the winter should not be trouble if you take it easy.
  • which years were recalled ?? I just had my car towed because it wasnt starting and the mechanic is saying its due to a computer failure and I have to replace it. I never got any information on any recalls..
  • hey, my 02 sentra had the exact same problem. it started dying on the highway and on the street and finally wouldn't start. i had a mechanic look at it and he charged me $500 for a mass-air flow sensor and the problem didn't go away. it turns out, the car totally needs to be taken to a dealer. it is a problem with the lining around the computer and a cam sensor in the engine. both were recalls (don't fret, i didn't receive any word either) and nissan fixed them both totally for free and the car has run perfect since (the warranty period was up and they still fixed them for free). i had a great experience with the dealer, surprisingly enough. they will help you. even if you were to just call them they should know exactly what is wrong and help you.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,915
    Winters in NJ are normally not too bad. The northern part near the mountains is worst then the shore area. there has been the occasional bad winter with 60+ inches of snow but normally only get a few storms a year (20 inches). hardly worth it to get dedicated snow tires. Just make sure you have good tread on your tires.

I would invest in winter wiper blades and the winter blend of washer fluid. You may also want to get "Dry Gas". Although water in the gas tank is a thing of the past, I do pour an occasional bottle into the tank during winter months. Keep a blanket, jumper cable, collapsible shovel and brush in the trunk.

Generally speaking, nobody drives well in the snow so if they are calling for a big storm, stay home if you can.
  • tquintquin Posts: 3
    Does anyone know if the codes for the ECU and the 02 sensor are the same? I just had my 02 sensor replaced and now the dealership is telling me that the ECU needs to be replaced and keep in mind that i just had the sensor replaced just 3 days before they gave me the ECU diagnosis. Also, they are charging me for everything which in total will be $1310.
  • rasldaslrasldasl Posts: 74
    My new Sentra has a developed a nearly contstant rattle in the passenger side B pillar on rough roads and bumps (which constitutes nearly all roads here in New Jersey). The driver's side is starting to rattle a bit, too. The mechanic at the dealer looked at it and said he pulled off the cover of the seat belt adjuster (not sure exactly which piece he meant) and did not find anything loose. We went on a test drive and while it rattled a bit over hard bumps it was pretty quiet and I thought maybe he had fixed it just by removing and replacing whatever cover it was. Then I drove home and on the way it started back with it's old tricks, rattling over every joint in the concrete pavement. Anybody out there have any ideas?
  • The "ECU" is the electronic Control Unit,(the computer.) The 02 sensor is the "Oxygen sensor", which is located on the exhaust manifold. The ECU is located at one of several locations inside your car, like under the dash, under one of the front seats, or under the floor shift console. You didn't give a year and model, so I had to generalize.

...Bob...
  • dado3dado3 Posts: 1
    I'd like some help in troubleshooting a problem with the cruise control on my car. It's a 1994 Sentra XE 1.6 liter, with 200k. The switch responds, but the cruise doesn't activate from the steering wheel. I checked the fuse panel and everything seems alright, but don't know where else to go.