Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Older Acura TLs

Comments

• jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    Chrysler does have it's quality straight, but it still is no Honda. Seems like Honda is having the transmission blues.
  • Are we sure, yet, that the new TL will be offered with a manual transmission option?
  • samangsamang Posts: 43
    WSJ had an article about dealer mark downs due to redesigns. Stated new TL will have 270HP.
  • stlgasmanstlgasman Posts: 139
    A lot of discussion having nothing to do with the O4 TL. Horsepower - 275. Yes a manual transmission will be offered with the HPT option (high performance tire).
    Color combos for the 04TL:
    Desert Mist Metallic-Ebony or Parchment
    Nighthawk Black Pearl-Quartz or Ebony or Camel or Parchment
    Abyss Blue Pearl-Quartz or Camel
    Anthracite Metallic-Ebony or camel or Quartz
    Deep Green Pearl-Camel or Parchment
    Redondo Red Pearl-Ebony or Camel or Parchment
    White Diamond Pearl-Quartz or Parchment
    Satin Silver Metallic-Quartz or Ebony

Of course navi is an option. Satellite radio and bluetooth standard. I think curtain bags are standard too.
  • Wow, we finally get to see a photo of the instrument cluster "head-on". The steering wheel and center stack look more refined than what we saw earlier. I'm not sure how I'm going to react to all that power (I'm driving a 91 Buick, can you believe it?) but I think I'll give it a go.
  • robertsmxrobertsmx Posts: 5,525
    More details revealed at autoweek.com

3.2 liter V6, 270 HP, 238 lb.-ft.
    5-sp Sport Shift Auto or 6-sp manual
    Limited Slip Differential is standard w/6-sp

Also standard is 8-speaker 225W DVD-audio, Bluetooth, and XM Radio (first three months paid).
    Anyone know how dark the Abyss Blue is? I don't think it's ever been used on any other Honda. (The Odyssey, Pilot, CR-V, Civic, Accord all use Midnight blue)The Redondo red looks darker than the Redondo red on the MDX. Anyone also know what color interior Camel is? I know Ebony, Quartz are like Grayish and Charcoal, and Parchment is tan. But Camel has also never been used on any other Honda. I want a tan interior with my Abyss Blue, and it looks like Honda has finally heard me. (The Blue at the Honda division is combined with a gray interior- what I don't want but I'll settle for it.)
  • lroin67lroin67 Posts: 1
    We have a 02 TL type S with 35K miles. The original rotors were reserfaced at 9k and 16k then replaced at 27k. Now the new (better and improved) rotors need to be reserfaced again. This is my wife car and she does not ride the brakes. Acura has not charged us anything for any of the repairs. Has anyone else had these rotor issues?

Thanks, from Chicago
  • ruskiruski Posts: 1,566
    maybe your rotors were made of the same material as my tranny?
  • bigbluubigbluu Posts: 9
    Thanks stlgasman for the link to that article. A good sneak peek article I guess, but still missing a lot of details. Sounds like the engine's a carry-over, just retuned for more HP. And no mention of new auto tranny. Too bad... But the cockpit view looks great!
  • stlgasmanstlgasman Posts: 139
    The article has been pulled. It is available on the acura-tsx website. Also a picture of camel interior is available.
  • swsmsswsms Posts: 62
    I wonder if post# 479 will be pulled since it mentions another competing board?
  • Hi,

i've bought an Acura 3.2TL 2000. it's user car, of course, so it didn't come with catalogue. i did try to do set up as the same as the way to set up the remote for the garage opener (press the leaner button in the opener then press and hold 1 button on the remote until the LED light is blinking). but it don't work.

what should i do, do i have to do any extra step or what....

thanks......
  • ruskiruski Posts: 1,566
    the basic instructions that you are trying to follow are for the simple garage door openers.

Chances are your garage door opener is using a rolling code. It changes the code every time it operates.

This is to prevent someone from stealing your code.

Now, not all is lost. You should be able to program your Acura's remote to play with the rilling code. My garage door opener uses rolling code and I was able to set it all up.

The main unit of your garage door opener must have a special button. You need to press it to tell the garage door opener that you are about to introduce a new remote. Then you can set up your remote.

Look up the brand of your garage door opener on the web - they most likely have instructions on their website.
  • fredvhfredvh Posts: 853
    Owner's manual for your vehicle can be purchased on Ebay if you are interested. They certainly are a good thing to have for your new vehicle. The TL is still on my "maybe" list but I am still concerned over the 5-speed transmission issue. Congratulations on your new car!
  • Will the new TL have wider tires than the current TL or TL type-S?
  • swsmsswsms Posts: 62
    I read previously the new TL will have 235/45R17s which are larger than the 215/50R17s on the Type S.

Can't wait for the test drive!!!
    Can anyone post a link to the photo showing the camel interior or is it the one in the spy pics that were posted a few months back? That looks more like parchment though.
  • Does anyone know -
    1. When does it go on sale?
    2. Is it a 3.2L engine or increased to 3.5L?
    3. What is the price range? Higher than the 2003's or similar?
  • bklynguybklynguy Posts: 275
    1. Monday, Oct.6 (official date, should be in showrooms a few days before)
    2. 3.2L 270HP
    3. not sure, but we should know Sept.1 (higher than 2003)
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    Didn't someone post earlier that 270hp is purposely underrated, and that the actual power is closer to 280 - 285?

BTW, isn't it weird that we're now almost a month from scheduled intro date and nuthin' from Honda in terms of public announcement or advertising?
    the reason we know nothing is because that's Honda tradition. Hide everything until brochures are released so people don't expect more than what they're putting on the table. my 2 cents.
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    Very annoying practice, IMHO.
    Works well for Honda since people will be rushing out to the dealer at intro time to see the new TL and who knows? Maybe they can move some of the slower selling Acura RLs.
  • hiromanhiroman Posts: 2
    I just read about the new TL in my latest October issue of C&D...Looks pretty slick, so I figured I'd come out here and see what was going on :) I saw an earlier post here that said bluetooth was standard with the satellite radio? What is the bluetooth intended to be used for? Is it possibly supposed to allow wireless headsets to be used with the cellular phone setup? Wireless sync of bluetooth PDAs for some type of application? I'm quite curious...anyone have any idea?
  • The article was from "Autoweek Online". IF it is correct, it means that the car has a BlueTooth enabled hands-free system (mic and speaker) that will interface with your BlueTooth enabled cell phone, if you have one. No wired connections required.
  • I have a 2003 TLS. I was experiencing some vibration when braking. Balancing the tires did not help. When I took my car to the dealer for the 30K service, I mentioned it to the service advisor. When I picked my car up, they told me they had resurfaced the rotors and replaced the brake pads at no charge. Haven't had the problem since but it has been only about 5K miles.
  • carguy58carguy58 Posts: 2,303
    I just recieved an issue of the current motor trend magazine in the mail. Motor Trend had details for every car on the market for the 04 model year in this current issue. They said the sticker price for the 04 TL they estimated would be 33,000-34,000 dollars. Acura pricing the TL along the lines of Lexus's ES 300 and BMW's 3 Series isn't being very smart in my opinion.