Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord vs Toyota Camry

Comments

• petomlinpetomlin Posts: 103
    Congratulations on choosing between two fine cars. I think the Accord will be more completely outfitted as standard than the Camry. I too am in the market right now for a car...but I digress. The best thing you have going for you is, no matter which car you choose, you will be able to sleep at night knowing your car has a serious amount of outstanding history behind it. Most likely you won't have any major problems with either one.

What you need to do is simple. Go see them, feel them, drive them. Then pick the one you like best, knowing you've made a wise and satisfying choice. Now go have fun, and drive those cars! :D
  • petlpetl Posts: 610
    Thanks for the towing info. Is the 1,000lb limit for both the 4 and 6? This is not good, if it is.
  • njeraldnjerald Posts: 688
    Owner's manual makes no differentiation.
  • msisengmsiseng Posts: 369
    To those comparing the Accord and the Camry:

Well, the 07 Camry has transmission and other issues. Look in the Edmunds.com Camry forums. The good news is that Toyota seems to be doing everything to make the customer happy including buying the vehicles back.

I had issues with every Nissan/Infiniti that I ever bought. Nissan/infiniti never offered to do anything unless legally pressed. kudos to Toyota for being loyal to their customers.

Never had major issues with a Honda or Lexus.

For now, I would stick with the '06 Accord.
  • 107main107main Posts: 33
    I just returned from a several hundred mile drive in a 07 Camry 4cyl. I have driven many 06 Honda Accords in my job moving cars. My impression of the new Camry is not good. The whole inside looks cheap, knobs, seating material. Fit and finish are not that good. Toyota seems to be going for quanity over quality. The front end looks just like a Mazda 6, sort of ugly to me. The Camry drives OK, but is soft on suspension and wallows a bit. On the other hand, the Accord is more sport like in its drive. The interior is designed well and fit and finish is far ahead of the Camry.
    My opinion ot Toyota is that it is a GM type Company, but with one difference, it has customers. Honda seems content to sell cars, but not go for numbers like Toyota. Both have good vehicles, but I give the edge to Honda.
  • fsowirlesfsowirles Posts: 195
    he Camry drives OK, but is soft on suspension and wallows a bit. On the other hand, the Accord is more sport like in its drive.

You obvioiusly did not drive an SE which is the only model meant for sportier driving.

As for the rest of your criticisms, you are entitled to your opinions...but your GM comparison leads me to believe you are a Honda bigot.
  • tinatinatinatina Posts: 388
    They are both good cars. I only consider the LX Accord 4 and the LE 4 - auto though so my comments are limited to those two trim levels. In 6 cylinder versions, I think the new Camry is the better vehicle.

With that said, I think the cloth interior of the Accord is better, as is the quality of the materials used for the interior, such as dash, buttons used, and seat. Others who post here agree, and some others who post here don't concur. The Accord's seats are really comfy compared to the previous version. The powertrain used in the 4 of the Accord is very good. No occassional hesitation/occassional hard shift like the 2000 Accord. Its the best auto tranny I ever owned so far. As far as handling, Edmunds in the 4 car test and the Altima preview indicate that the Accord's handling (at least in 6 cylinder version) is the best.

Finally, I tend to shy away from first year models since fit and finish issues are generally higher.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Ohhh, I don't think we need to name-call here. Contrasting opinions of the vehicles are more than welcome. Opinions of other posters aren't what we're here to discuss.
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    Actually, what edmunds.com said regarding handling and the Camry v. Accord was that:

"It's too bad there's no way of disabling the stability control because the Camry feels like it could go quicker than the safety-minded engineers will allow. It feels at least as athletic as the Accord, but we'll never know."

Again, it comes back to intrusive VSC. But apparently, the vehicle lends a very confident feeling, if it feels "at least as athletic" as the Accord...

~alpha
  • lmacmillmacmil Posts: 1,756
    Was there a sequence of key on/key off cycles and other things posted on the 2007 forum that disabled the VSC?
  • tinatinatinatina Posts: 388
    They actually gave the Accord the better steering rating in that shoot-out, but both tied in handling. Sorry, I meant both suspension and handling.

Additionally, here's is what they said when reviewing the 2007 Altima:

"The improved front suspension tuning, along with the new speed-sensitive, power rack and pinion steering system, provides a precise and linear steering response that rivals the class leader in this area — Honda's Accord."
  • msisengmsiseng Posts: 369
    Honda leather seats are far more comfortable for those of us with bad backs. They offer a lot of support unlike the Camry seats.

Always buy a second year model over the first year model. Even the great and mighty Toyota is having transmission issues much like the Acura Transmission Loser (TL) a few years ago.

When the new Accord arrives in '08, wait for the '09!
  • faldocfaldoc Posts: 83
    I like Accords and Camrys for different reasons. I have had 2 Accords, still have one (a 1998). Accords are sportier to drive, but the vast majority of my driving is commuting and for this there is no question the Camry has a more Lexus like feel, and is great for commuting, as it is less fatiguing. However, as many of you might have read my 07 Camry XLE V6 is in the shop :sick: so the point is moot. The 06 Camry loaner feels good to me too, I must say, and is my choice to drive over the Accord.
  • alrjalrj Posts: 11
    let me get this straight, u are comparing your 98 accord to your 07 camry?
  • daavodaavo Posts: 8
    I just came across this thread and wanted to put in my two cents. Being a previous Toyota owner I planned on purchasing the new Camry when it came out. I thought the styling of the 07 camry looked unusual but styling isn't everything to me so I went and test drove one anyway. I have to say, it was dissapointing.

The quality of the materials used is not up to Toyota standards. All of the little things like the sunglass holder, the dash materials, seat fabrics, the sound of the door closing, all lacked the traditional toyota polish. The key looks like one of those crappy chrysler keys, as well. The car drove ok but wasn't anything special.

It appears Toyota is learning how to make more profit on its volume models and it shows.

The accord just seemed more "special". I purchased mine last weekend....an 06 LX SE. I think the interior on the Accord is better than the Camry. It seems to be on a higher quality "plateau" than the camry. Sorry camry fans. And sorry for the long post.
  • houtex1houtex1 Posts: 82
    I am in the market for a new car. Was wondering if there are any important differences in how the navigation systems work, ease of use, etc. Is one better than the other and why? Any likes/dislikes? What brands do each have?
    Any reviews of these navigation systems that you know of? Thanks for any information you can provide.
  • fsowirlesfsowirles Posts: 195
    Well, they both offer Voice Activated nav which to me is a big plus over many other systems. They are both very good. I have used the Toyota system (Denso?) in my Camry, and my neighbors 2005 Odyssey has the Honda system. They are very similar overall, and probably not going to be the deal maker or breaker for either car.
  • houtex1houtex1 Posts: 82
    Thanks. Do you know if the Camry Navigation system is the same as is listed on the Lexus site? There is a tutoril on the Lexus site.

http://www.lexus.com/models/glossary.html?entry=voice
  • camry1090camry1090 Posts: 7
    I remember my mom talking about how my grandmother's '92 Accord LX had a problem with the transmission jerking when being put into Drive. I personally never remember this happenening, but I do remember the car being a little rough when the car was shifting. Funny you mentioned the thing about the early '90s Accords. :)