Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 ML350 vs. ML350 4MATIC

jsmith109jsmith109 Member Posts: 1
edited June 2014 in Mercedes-Benz
My wife and I are looking to lease a 2010 Mercedes ML350, but we're trying to decide it if it's worth it to go with the ML350 or the ML350 4MATIC (4 wheel drive) model?

We live in Los Angeles and really only plan to do city/freeway driving, no off-roading or rough terrain (other than the generally sorry state of LA roads!), so I'm wondering if we really need a 4 wheel drive car.

The dealer we saw today said that we should go with the 4 wheel drive version, that it handles better, but a friend advised we don't need it, that we should go with the regular ML350, but I'd love to get other opinions.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    The four wheel drive version costs more, weighs more, is less energy efficient, probably costs a bit more to insure and Los Angeles received more than one third of an inch of snow only once in the last 100 years. If you don't plan to off road or drive on rough terrain, why would you choose the four wheel drive option? :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • bzielenbachbzielenbach Member Posts: 3
    I no it must rain in LA better to have 4 then 2 on wet roads
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Four wheel drive - for occasionally wet roads? How about just slowing down a bit and saving a bundle of cash?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
This discussion has been closed.