Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oldsmobile Alero

1143144145146147149»

Comments

• Hello 02bluespurro,
    I just got my alero back from the shop for the car stalling randomly.
    It was the fuel pump that was not working right. You needed to bring thear pump stalling in. I recommended you drive the car around close to the auto body shop and wait intell it dies. thats what i did, they where able to find out that the fuel pump at times would stop working after. the fuse for the pump popped.
  • I have a 2001 Alero Coupe V6, with only 63,000 miles. I'm used to various yellow warning lights coming on and going off every once in a while (i.e., Service Engine Soon, Low Tire Pressure, check oil, etc.), but last night a red warning light came on for the engine along with an audible dinging noise that was constant. Assuming the temperature reading was correct, the car was not over heated, the temp was fine. I've only driven 6,000 miles since I bought the car in 2006. I've only had to add a little oil since buying the car, it didn't even need a full quart. When I checked the oil, it was not dark or anything, it looks to be just fine. I looked in the service manual for help, but it doesn't really offer or explain much to help. I'm scared to death to even try starting my car, afraid my engine will blow up or I'll cause severe damage. I'm on disability with a very limited income, hoping to avoid some expensive auto repair I can't afford. Any comments or help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • The best thing to do first is to Check for faulty codes, this can be done for free by bringing your vehicle to auto zone and ask them if they can run a diagnostic with their scantool, there's got to be a Faulty code stored in the ECU, also i know Aleros are known for lighting the cluster up like a christmas tree with warning lights and what not for no reason what so ever i was a Alero owner for 5 years and can speak for personal experience, but it could be something else going on and a scan tool is the FIRST step to take and will tell you if there's something going on with your vehicle then go from there...